Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 110

post #1636 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

 

Interesting. My PF IX have just experienced a rebirth since getting the 1601SC. I am now willing to take a lot more risks with them so I have started using them directly out of my Rockboxed Classic, not only walking around my flat but downstairs in the garden area (which is fairly quiet) while smoking a cigar...

 

Where isolation is not essential, listening to Jazz in that bell tower sound stage while out and around - or just moving around - is exciting. These are incredible (non-isolating) portables.

 

It helps that I get a really secure fit. (I couldn't do this with the 1601s. Anyway the 1601SC is not leaving the security of my desk computer audio area.)

 

I am off to Beijing and then far northern China on Sunday and for the first time I will be taking the PF IX with me. Very cool.

 

The case is so secure, I keep mine in my bag with me at nearly all times. Great to be able to pull them out for a quick listen when given the chance.

post #1637 of 4116

^ The case is indeed great. I keep the PF IX in a Pelican Case with a desiccant pod at home (easy access) but I am going to start using the included case a lot more. Truth is, I have been treating the PF IX like museum pieces. You are right that they are truly portable. Time to start taking them on the road.

post #1638 of 4116

Guys, Musica Acoustics is having their third year anniversary (and parade), starting in a few hours. It's early morning on the 11th in Japan right now. 

 

Dimitri said he's selling off one pair of most of his inventory at low prices. But just one pair, and just on the 11th. He has plenty of FAD up there. If you want something, hop on it now.

 

 

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/category/hot-news/

 

There are some awesome prices up there!

post #1639 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Guys, Musica Acoustics is having their third year anniversary (and parade), starting in a few hours. It's early morning on the 11th in Japan right now. 

Dimitri said he's selling off one pair of most of his inventory at low prices. But just one pair, and just on the 11th. He has plenty of FAD up there. If you want something, hop on it now.


http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/category/hot-news/

There are some awesome prices up there!

Thanks!
Some of those models aren't even up on the store yet... Should I email Dmitri or will the store update in bit few hours?

Edit: when you said early morning, I assumed like 6am. rolleyes.gif
Edited by vwinter - 5/10/13 at 10:44am
post #1640 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

There are some awesome prices up there!

 

You aren't kidding! I wish I had gotten my PF's for that price. Thanks for the heads up. Might have to get a little taste of heaven...

post #1641 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Thanks!
Some of those models aren't even up on the store yet... Should I email Dmitri or will the store update in bit few hours?

Edit: when you said early morning, I assumed like 6am. rolleyes.gif

 

I think the best way to get what you want is probably to email him. I doubt he'll be doing any web updates today. I'd go off the Hot News page and email him direct. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

You aren't kidding! I wish I had gotten my PF's for that price. Thanks for the heads up. Might have to get a little taste of heaven...

 

Heaven tastes good! Versatile, while preserving that addicting FAD sound. 

post #1642 of 4116

So the Heaven VI is so nice and sensitive, than I get plenty of volume plugging straight into my CLAS -db's line out. It's even cleaner than the 71B on the end of it. Straight from the source. Can't wait to try the FI-BA-SS out like this!

post #1643 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

I think the best way to get what you want is probably to email him. I doubt he'll be doing any web updates today. I'd go off the Hot News page and email him direct. 

 

 

Thanks again. I see it at the bottom of the news post. It also says you can directly order by paying through paypal, I'll just do that to secure my item biggrin.gif

 

As I'm not in a terrible hurry, has anyone had any problems with Airmail Post?

post #1644 of 4116

When shipping from Japan, you definitely want to stick with EMS Japan as it's completely trackable and insurable. EMS Japan is fast and fantastic. I usually have my stuff from Japan within 4-6 days. 

 

PS, and that's what Dimitri uses. But for cheaper items he may not. Be sure to specify. 

post #1645 of 4116

Electronics dudes, tell me what's up here. 

 

At the end of the day, an amp, no matter how good it is, is still more electronics for the music to go through. Great amps still impart their coloration. Some may prefer that. But for the cleanest and clearest sound, isn't plugging in straight to your source, and bypassing an amp completely, the best option? I can plug my IEMs into my CLAS -db and have plenty of power to spare. And my Heaven VI sounds cleaner, more detailed, and more transparent to me than the warm sonic signature my SR-71B is imparting to the music. 

 

But what about impedance and voltage. That has to be a factor here in the line-out of the -db. 


Edited by SoundFreaq - 5/10/13 at 12:34pm
post #1646 of 4116

Okay, I am a minnow amongst trout only having the SBs, but boy do they sound good! (using complys and a little treble lift)

 

Why did I never think to look at these a while back?

 

Definitely an FAD convert!!

post #1647 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

When shipping from Japan, you definitely want to stick with EMS Japan as it's completely trackable and insurable. EMS Japan is fast and fantastic. I usually have my stuff from Japan within 4-6 days. 

 

PS, and that's what Dimitri uses. But for cheaper items he may not. Be sure to specify.

 

Just ordered my first FAD IEM, the Heaven V Aging biggrin.gif

 

I know! EMS Japan is amazing.

Decided you were right and might as well not risk anything so I went with EMS.

post #1648 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

At the end of the day, an amp, no matter how good it is, is still more electronics for the music to go through. Great amps still impart their coloration. Some may prefer that. But for the cleanest and clearest sound, isn't plugging in straight to your source, and bypassing an amp completely, the best option? I can plug my IEMs into my CLAS -db and have plenty of power to spare. And my Heaven VI sounds cleaner, more detailed, and more transparent to me than the warm sonic signature my SR-71B is imparting to the music. 

 

But what about impedance and voltage. That has to be a factor here in the line-out of the -db. 

 

In my experience, it's all about synergy. I really enjoyed my iem's directly out of my Tera for some time. But once I added the 2stepdance, I don't think I could go back to direct, although at some point I will do more comparison to confirm. So you plug directly into the line out and listen at one volume??

post #1649 of 4116

Oh yes, synergy is very important. That's why I am sure I will end up with some Analog^2 Paper equipment sooner than later.

 

The -db is also connectable to a computer, so I can control the output level to the DAC. And yes, I just plug straight in to the DAC. Sounds great!

 

I was talking to David, the head guy over at Cypher Labs that makes the -db. He said the -db output is still amplified. He said there are three Op amps in the -db. He said something like the SR-71B could have 8 or more Op Amps. 

 

Just seems to me, the less the music has to go through, the better the output. But since DACs are amplified to a certain degree anyway, you may as well modify the sound with whatever coloration synergizes best via your amp. 

post #1650 of 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Oh yes, synergy is very important. That's why I am sure I will end up with some Analog^2 Paper equipment sooner than later.

 

 

You and me both. Just as soon as I free up some funds...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread