- 279 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 101post #1501 of 34424/29/13 at 7:24amyep, that was my experience.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1502 of 34424/29/13 at 7:50amWell up late, you gave it a shot and your contribution is as valuable as people like me who love them as there are many out there who don't know what these are like and so your views balance things out to give someone a more educated view of thingspost #1503 of 34424/29/13 at 8:16ampost #1504 of 34424/29/13 at 8:39am
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.post #1505 of 34424/29/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
For those unfamiliar with the Piano Fortes, here's a few things everyone considering these phones should know:
- They need a minimum of 12, 652 hours of burn-in to begin to open up.
- Recabling is a must and only pure silver, gold, platinum and diamond cables will do the trick.
- Only Hi-res files can be used, always using a MacBook Pro with Amarra software.
- Only a $4000+ DAC and $8000+ desktop amp will do — pure silver/gold/platinum/diamond interconnects are absolutely essential.
- Experimenting with a minimum of 30 different tips or tip mods will always help. (yes, there are ways to mount all manner of tips on the PFs)
- If still not getting reasonably decent SQ, better get a fake pair of PFs — these are said to sound significantly better than the real thing.
Ha! This is the best damn thing I read all day Gpost #1506 of 34424/29/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.
And why this thread is such an enjoyable experience!post #1507 of 34424/29/13 at 10:19ampost #1508 of 34424/29/13 at 11:19am
I'm letting my Heaven VI go to a good home. I love these things. I'm quite confident I will regret this, but I need some cash for an upgrade.
PM if interested. Perfect condition.post #1509 of 34424/29/13 at 11:27ampost #1510 of 34424/29/13 at 12:02pmpost #1511 of 34424/29/13 at 12:10pm
I don't think that box looks that bad actually. Now, whether those iPhones cost £100, £1000, £1,000,000 or £10,000,000, they look very tacky to me — the term nouveau riche comes to mind.post #1512 of 34424/29/13 at 2:17pmMy PF's are in, cable clipped to back. Cooking dinner. AC/DC's Back in Black is absolutely rocking from the Tera through the Corda to the PF's.
I am quite surprised by how many albums I had become complacent to sound new again.post #1513 of 34424/29/13 at 2:59pm
Imo, if it was just a solid diamond outer ring instead of rhinestones, it would look much classier. Although too much gold can also get a lil tacky too.
Personally, I'd be interested in an IEM whose shell is sculpted from a diamond.post #1514 of 34424/29/13 at 3:25pmpost #1515 of 34424/29/13 at 3:52pmDon't normally share personal stuff on open forums but just had some news which I thought I would share here.. The link so that the thread stays sort of on topic is music, well recorded music.
I just got a gig interviewing David Knopfler, co-founder of Dire Straits, can't wait!
And it just so happens Dire straits sounds great through the PF's! (OK, tenuous I know, but I am stoked as Dire Straits are one of my all time favourite bands!)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven II 1 minute ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB400 or else? 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA/SoCal Regional Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe