- 447 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFinal Audio Designtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Adagio Vtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design FAD-BA-SBtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Heaven IVtagged by System, 6/9/12
- productFinal Audio Design Piano Forte IXtagged by System, 7/31/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Final Audio Design Heaven IV Last post on 3/1/13 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 101post #1501 of 38794/29/13 at 7:24amyep, that was my experience.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 38794/29/13 at 7:50amWell up late, you gave it a shot and your contribution is as valuable as people like me who love them as there are many out there who don't know what these are like and so your views balance things out to give someone a more educated view of thingspost #1503 of 38794/29/13 at 8:16ampost #1504 of 38794/29/13 at 8:39am
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.post #1505 of 38794/29/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
For those unfamiliar with the Piano Fortes, here's a few things everyone considering these phones should know:
- They need a minimum of 12, 652 hours of burn-in to begin to open up.
- Recabling is a must and only pure silver, gold, platinum and diamond cables will do the trick.
- Only Hi-res files can be used, always using a MacBook Pro with Amarra software.
- Only a $4000+ DAC and $8000+ desktop amp will do — pure silver/gold/platinum/diamond interconnects are absolutely essential.
- Experimenting with a minimum of 30 different tips or tip mods will always help. (yes, there are ways to mount all manner of tips on the PFs)
- If still not getting reasonably decent SQ, better get a fake pair of PFs — these are said to sound significantly better than the real thing.
Ha! This is the best damn thing I read all day Gpost #1506 of 38794/29/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by music_4321
It's always very important to have people like up late & shotgunshane share their honest take on these phones without feeling any pressure from those who love the PFs — all the more for a phone like this (with such a high price tag) that has such a peculiar flavour that several / many people would simply not appreciate / like / understand.
And why this thread is such an enjoyable experience!post #1507 of 38794/29/13 at 10:19ampost #1508 of 38794/29/13 at 11:19am
I'm letting my Heaven VI go to a good home. I love these things. I'm quite confident I will regret this, but I need some cash for an upgrade.
PM if interested. Perfect condition.post #1509 of 38794/29/13 at 11:27ampost #1510 of 38794/29/13 at 12:02pmpost #1511 of 38794/29/13 at 12:10pm
I don't think that box looks that bad actually. Now, whether those iPhones cost £100, £1000, £1,000,000 or £10,000,000, they look very tacky to me — the term nouveau riche comes to mind.post #1512 of 38794/29/13 at 2:17pmMy PF's are in, cable clipped to back. Cooking dinner. AC/DC's Back in Black is absolutely rocking from the Tera through the Corda to the PF's.
I am quite surprised by how many albums I had become complacent to sound new again.post #1513 of 38794/29/13 at 2:59pm
Imo, if it was just a solid diamond outer ring instead of rhinestones, it would look much classier. Although too much gold can also get a lil tacky too.
Personally, I'd be interested in an IEM whose shell is sculpted from a diamond.post #1514 of 38794/29/13 at 3:25pmpost #1515 of 38794/29/13 at 3:52pmDon't normally share personal stuff on open forums but just had some news which I thought I would share here.. The link so that the thread stays sort of on topic is music, well recorded music.
I just got a gig interviewing David Knopfler, co-founder of Dire Straits, can't wait!
And it just so happens Dire straits sounds great through the PF's! (OK, tenuous I know, but I am stoked as Dire Straits are one of my all time favourite bands!)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 10 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 + 10 ft Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 Cable 2 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › FS: HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC ES9023 96/24 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Card or DAC? ODAC +2 or STX II 8 minutes ago
- › Lifespan for portable and desktop DAC/amp. Fiio e18 and Olympus e10 9 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude