Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread - Page 91

post #1351 of 3932

This recommendation is dedicated to Ian (for obvious reasons wink.gif). It's an old '76 album (that I have on vinyl and CD) which has stood the test of time surprisingly well.

 

Great recording quality and gorgeous reverb / vibrato rich vocals, that seem to float out of thin air and make for an amazing out-of-head experience on the FAD 1601/2s:

 

 

post #1352 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

Thank you all for your kind words. Full-rez

 

Wallpaper set. Thanks again man. 
post #1353 of 3932

You've all got me wanting to try the IX's again now. I remember trying them and thinking there was something great about them, but the odd FR put me off.

post #1354 of 3932

Hi Music_4321,

 

Thank you for your advice. I will keep my ears open regarding the forum or our FAD users feedback.

 

Speaking of the AK100 + FAD combo, is there anybody using PF IX or FI-BA-SS?

 

What is the general opinion regarding PF X-CC vs PF X-G? or perhaps PF-X vs PF IX?

 

Thanks :-)

post #1355 of 3932

The X-CC and X-G are the same earphone, just a different external finish. There's also a gold finish available for the Heaven VI, but like the PFX it's the same as the chrome copper version.

 

The various Piano Forte models sound more similar than dissimilar in my humble opinion (as did the former 1601 models). The X basically takes the vintage horn coloration the other PF models reproduce and does it even more overtly. It has the thickest mids, the most liquid sound, the most roll off on either end, and the most atmospheric presentation. It might be a little too much for some people, though it's definitely a fun and unique experience.

 

IMHO the PF IX is the sweet spot in the lineup. There's a slight refinement over the VIII, yet you don't have to spend literally twice the price as with the X.

 

The FI-BA-SS is another beast entirely. Personally it's my favorite of FAD's lineup, and it goes for a much more detail-oriented and resolving / revealing approach. It doesn't have the liquidy vintage goodness of the Piano Fortes, but it has its own pureness that I adore. If the Piano Fortes are a warm lake at sunset, then the FI-BA-SS is fresh snow at sunrise.

 

Sadly the FI-BA-SS is now discontinued. If you want one, you best act fast before they're gone for good like the 1601 series.

post #1356 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The X-CC and X-G are the same earphone, just a different external finish. There's also a gold finish available for the Heaven VI, but like the PFX it's the same as the chrome copper version.

 

The various Piano Forte models sound more similar than dissimilar in my humble opinion (as did the former 1601 models). The X basically takes the vintage horn coloration the other PF models reproduce and does it even more overtly. It has the thickest mids, the most liquid sound, the most roll off on either end, and the most atmospheric presentation. It might be a little too much for some people, though it's definitely a fun and unique experience.

 

IMHO the PF IX is the sweet spot in the lineup. There's a slight refinement over the VIII, yet you don't have to spend literally twice the price as with the X.

 

The FI-BA-SS is another beast entirely. Personally it's my favorite of FAD's lineup, and it goes for a much more detail-oriented and resolving / revealing approach. It doesn't have the liquidy vintage goodness of the Piano Fortes, but it has its own pureness that I adore. If the Piano Fortes are a warm lake at sunset, then the FI-BA-SS is fresh snow at sunrise.

 

Sadly the FI-BA-SS is now discontinued. If you want one, you best act fast before they're gone for good like the 1601 series.

 

MupetFace, may I query,  who told you that SS is discontinued?

as far as we are informed by our Supplier, S are still being made, only in fewer quantities. Hence  SS  is not always available right away.

 

BTW, I am going to post office to send Richard the Heaven V.

dear headfiers, I am currently in NY and I have one extra set of newly release Heaven V/Aging as well as older model heaven IV and Adagio series and much more

If any one interested to audition one, please send me a PM and we go from there

Looking forward to the feedback

Dimitri


Edited by DimitriTrush - 4/22/13 at 5:59am
post #1357 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriTrush View Post

 

MupetFace, may I query,  who told you that SS is discontinued?

as far as we are informed by our Supplier, S are still being made, only in fewer quantities. Hence  SS  is not always available right away.

 

BTW, I am going to post office to send Richard the Heaven V.

dear headfiers, I am currently in NY and I have one extra set of newly release Heaven V/Aging as well as older model heaven IV and Adagio series and much more

If any one interested to audition one, please send me a PM and we go from there

Looking forward to the feedback

Dimitri

 

Hello Dimitri!

 

It was mentioned earlier in this thread a few times: http://www.head-fi.org/t/613641/final-audio-design-appreciation-discussion-thread/945#post_9077328

 

I was under the impression that there was still FI-BA-SS stock available, but that Final would no longer be producing new batches. It seems like Final slowly phases their products out to where they're still available for a while like with the 1601s, but then they're not very open about their plans, so I don't remember any kind of official announcement for the 1601s. They even have the Muramasa still listed on their website LOL.


Edited by MuppetFace - 4/22/13 at 6:40am
post #1358 of 3932

Here's an excellent track (with excellent lyrics) a friend kindly shared with me a couple of years ago — what a terrific job the PF IXs do on this one, simply superb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkM6p4eVG28

post #1359 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Here's an excellent track (with excellent lyrics) a friend kindly shared with me a couple of years ago — what a terrific job the PF IXs do on this one, simply superb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkM6p4eVG28

 

Agreed, sounds utterly fantastic throught IXs! Thank you for the recommendation.

post #1360 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

Agreed, sounds utterly fantastic throught IXs! Thank you for the recommendation.

 

Thanks. Perhaps you won't like this one (much) but, coincidentally, this is a beautiful track by a Cuban singer-songwriter (seriously good lyrics here [in Spanish]) — the song is rendered majestically by the PF IXs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tYPcKMJuM

post #1361 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

Thanks. Perhaps you won't like this one (much) but, coincidentally, this is a beautiful track by a Cuban singer-songwriter (seriously good lyrics here [in Spanish]) — the song is rendered majestically by the PF IXs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tYPcKMJuM

 

That one is actually excellent. I have already listened several times in a row. Your Cuban-themed music is keeping me away from Spanish Fly evil_smiley.gif.  

post #1362 of 3932

Hi MuppetFace,

 

Thank you for the information.

Very thorough and exacting on the points.

 

I had a talk with a previous owner of both PF X-CC and PF X-G. 

He mentioned the PF X-G to be the most exciting between both and it had better bass and less roll-offs than PF X-CC.

With the right music, he said the PF X is going to deliver the listener to a state of bliss, with piano, string, chamber music, classic in particular.

 

Obviously he did not have both in hands anymore, so I could not make a comparison or a trial with my AK100.

 

I have a feeling that FI-BA-SS is a more normal FAD design and worth a consideration for a trial in a very near future.

 

Now let's wait if anybody is going to use AK100 with PF X as Music_4321 mentioned in an earlier post.

 

Cross fingers :-)

post #1363 of 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

In a rare moment of artistic inspiration combined with a rare moment of free time I captured this photo. No photoshopping or editing.

 

 

Fantastic addition to the PF IX wallpaper collection. Thanks!

post #1364 of 3932

Here Dimitri again. any one interested in auditioning the new Heaven V Aging, contact Dimitri. I have the unit with me in the USA. Will ship today not later then 3pm. Will be departing to Airport .

Also have Heaven IV with me, Any one wants to take it of my hand, please contact Thank you

post #1365 of 3932

I quit listening to my Final Audio stuff because I wanted to make sure this was the real deal, and not a novelty. Sometimes I need to take breaks from certain sounds/earphones and come back and evaluate all over again. 

 

This time around, I don't know which I like better, the FI-BA-SS or the PF's. These FI-BA-SS are worth every damn last penny. People talk about them being expensive, and yeah, they are, and they aren't massive gains better than other stuff of course - but there is nothing on Earth quite like these little devils. Just like the PF's. They are both so different and yet so special at what they do. 

 

I have the SS hooked up to my Liquid Glass which can easily drive the HE-6. While I have about 4mm of travel on the pot, it sounds so damn clear. It is the clearest, cleanest sounding thing I have. Makes the transparency of the Sig Pro sound thick and jammed up. Even the TH900 can't touch it. Once you get used to them, they are a marvel. Completely addicting. I mean completely addicting. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread