I am looking for headphones for $200 and under that are the most pleasing with sound when it comes to recreation use. I listen to music on a daily basis only for fun, i am not a producer. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohms. Is this a good choice for my situation? If it isn't, I would appreciate another suggestion :D
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or Premium? Last post on 12/26/11 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the different between beyerdynamic DT 770M and DT 770Pro? Last post on 7/21/14 at 6:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sibilance dilemma, help. Last post on 8/29/11 at 8:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Pictures to be added shortly... Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/8/12 at 10:43pmpost #3 of 86/8/12 at 10:51pmpost #4 of 86/8/12 at 11:13pm
I have the DT770 Premium 600 ohm and I freakin' love them. Like the 250 ohm, they require at least some sort of amplification and they sound best when driven with plenty of power. But there's also a 32 ohm version of the DT770 Premium if that is an issue for you. I too listen to music on a daily basis and "just for fun" and I can tell you that the DT770 Premium are wonderful for music, video games and movies/tv shows and they *never* make my ears or head sore. That's right, never. I wear them probably an average of 10 hours a day, every single solitary day, and they never get even the tiniest bit uncomfortable which to me is pretty impressive. Plus they sound bloody great. :)
Edited by devhen - 6/8/12 at 11:16pmpost #5 of 86/8/12 at 11:15pm
Oh and I should mention, in case you're not aware, there is a difference between the 'Pro' and the 'Premium' models. The Premium is the newer model and, from what I've read, the Pro has a tighter headband.. so there's a possibility the Pro is slightly less comfortable, particularly over long listening sessions.post #6 of 86/8/12 at 11:30pm
The headband on the Pro 250ohm is comfortable for hours-long wear. The slightly tighter fit makes for slightly better sound isolation. The DT770 Pro 250ohm are my default portable rig can.post #7 of 86/9/12 at 5:51am
- Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 11 seconds ago
- › iBasso dx120? 30 seconds ago
- › Audioquest Nighthawk Headphones in box ! 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 1 minute ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › What is more important in a DAC/AMP : Lower Distortion or Higher SNR? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...