I am looking for headphones for $200 and under that are the most pleasing with sound when it comes to recreation use. I listen to music on a daily basis only for fun, i am not a producer. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohms. Is this a good choice for my situation? If it isn't, I would appreciate another suggestion :D
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 2/24/17 at 3:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or Premium? Last post on 12/26/11 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the different between beyerdynamic DT 770M and DT 770Pro? Last post on 7/21/14 at 6:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sibilance dilemma, help. Last post on 8/29/11 at 8:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/8/12 at 10:43pmpost #3 of 86/8/12 at 10:51pmpost #4 of 86/8/12 at 11:13pm
I have the DT770 Premium 600 ohm and I freakin' love them. Like the 250 ohm, they require at least some sort of amplification and they sound best when driven with plenty of power. But there's also a 32 ohm version of the DT770 Premium if that is an issue for you. I too listen to music on a daily basis and "just for fun" and I can tell you that the DT770 Premium are wonderful for music, video games and movies/tv shows and they *never* make my ears or head sore. That's right, never. I wear them probably an average of 10 hours a day, every single solitary day, and they never get even the tiniest bit uncomfortable which to me is pretty impressive. Plus they sound bloody great. :)
Edited by devhen - 6/8/12 at 11:16pmpost #5 of 86/8/12 at 11:15pm
Oh and I should mention, in case you're not aware, there is a difference between the 'Pro' and the 'Premium' models. The Premium is the newer model and, from what I've read, the Pro has a tighter headband.. so there's a possibility the Pro is slightly less comfortable, particularly over long listening sessions.post #6 of 86/8/12 at 11:30pm
The headband on the Pro 250ohm is comfortable for hours-long wear. The slightly tighter fit makes for slightly better sound isolation. The DT770 Pro 250ohm are my default portable rig can.post #7 of 86/9/12 at 5:51am
- Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 14 seconds ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-3f & cables [EU] - price drop 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear