I am looking for headphones for $200 and under that are the most pleasing with sound when it comes to recreation use. I listen to music on a daily basis only for fun, i am not a producer. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohms. Is this a good choice for my situation? If it isn't, I would appreciate another suggestion :D
Related Forum Threads
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 5/19/13 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or Premium? Last post on 12/26/11 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the different between beyerdynamic DT 770M and DT 770Pro? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sibilance dilemma, help. Last post on 8/29/11 at 8:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/8/12 at 10:43pmpost #3 of 86/8/12 at 10:51pmpost #4 of 86/8/12 at 11:13pm
I have the DT770 Premium 600 ohm and I freakin' love them. Like the 250 ohm, they require at least some sort of amplification and they sound best when driven with plenty of power. But there's also a 32 ohm version of the DT770 Premium if that is an issue for you. I too listen to music on a daily basis and "just for fun" and I can tell you that the DT770 Premium are wonderful for music, video games and movies/tv shows and they *never* make my ears or head sore. That's right, never. I wear them probably an average of 10 hours a day, every single solitary day, and they never get even the tiniest bit uncomfortable which to me is pretty impressive. Plus they sound bloody great. :)
Edited by devhen - 6/8/12 at 11:16pmpost #5 of 86/8/12 at 11:15pm
Oh and I should mention, in case you're not aware, there is a difference between the 'Pro' and the 'Premium' models. The Premium is the newer model and, from what I've read, the Pro has a tighter headband.. so there's a possibility the Pro is slightly less comfortable, particularly over long listening sessions.post #6 of 86/8/12 at 11:30pm
The headband on the Pro 250ohm is comfortable for hours-long wear. The slightly tighter fit makes for slightly better sound isolation. The DT770 Pro 250ohm are my default portable rig can.post #7 of 86/9/12 at 5:51am
- Best $200 recreation use headphones?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 7 seconds ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 3 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-900/TH-600 or LCD-2 for basshead (with sample playlist) 5 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe