I am looking for headphones for $200 and under that are the most pleasing with sound when it comes to recreation use. I listen to music on a daily basis only for fun, i am not a producer. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohms. Is this a good choice for my situation? If it isn't, I would appreciate another suggestion :D
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 5/25/16 at 7:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or Premium? Last post on 12/26/11 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the different between beyerdynamic DT 770M and DT 770Pro? Last post on 7/21/14 at 6:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sibilance dilemma, help. Last post on 8/29/11 at 8:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/8/12 at 10:43pmpost #3 of 86/8/12 at 10:51pmpost #4 of 86/8/12 at 11:13pm
I have the DT770 Premium 600 ohm and I freakin' love them. Like the 250 ohm, they require at least some sort of amplification and they sound best when driven with plenty of power. But there's also a 32 ohm version of the DT770 Premium if that is an issue for you. I too listen to music on a daily basis and "just for fun" and I can tell you that the DT770 Premium are wonderful for music, video games and movies/tv shows and they *never* make my ears or head sore. That's right, never. I wear them probably an average of 10 hours a day, every single solitary day, and they never get even the tiniest bit uncomfortable which to me is pretty impressive. Plus they sound bloody great. :)
Edited by devhen - 6/8/12 at 11:16pmpost #5 of 86/8/12 at 11:15pm
Oh and I should mention, in case you're not aware, there is a difference between the 'Pro' and the 'Premium' models. The Premium is the newer model and, from what I've read, the Pro has a tighter headband.. so there's a possibility the Pro is slightly less comfortable, particularly over long listening sessions.post #6 of 86/8/12 at 11:30pm
The headband on the Pro 250ohm is comfortable for hours-long wear. The slightly tighter fit makes for slightly better sound isolation. The DT770 Pro 250ohm are my default portable rig can.post #7 of 86/9/12 at 5:51am
- Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beats solo 2 or mixr or any other recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 8 minutes ago
- › Over-the-ear Headphone for trance for price under 7000 INR (approx... 9 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 9 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...