I am looking for headphones for $200 and under that are the most pleasing with sound when it comes to recreation use. I listen to music on a daily basis only for fun, i am not a producer. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohms. Is this a good choice for my situation? If it isn't, I would appreciate another suggestion :D
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More Last post on 6/3/16 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or Premium? Last post on 12/26/11 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the different between beyerdynamic DT 770M and DT 770Pro? Last post on 7/21/14 at 6:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sibilance dilemma, help. Last post on 8/29/11 at 8:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/8/12 at 10:43pmpost #3 of 86/8/12 at 10:51pmpost #4 of 86/8/12 at 11:13pm
I have the DT770 Premium 600 ohm and I freakin' love them. Like the 250 ohm, they require at least some sort of amplification and they sound best when driven with plenty of power. But there's also a 32 ohm version of the DT770 Premium if that is an issue for you. I too listen to music on a daily basis and "just for fun" and I can tell you that the DT770 Premium are wonderful for music, video games and movies/tv shows and they *never* make my ears or head sore. That's right, never. I wear them probably an average of 10 hours a day, every single solitary day, and they never get even the tiniest bit uncomfortable which to me is pretty impressive. Plus they sound bloody great. :)
Edited by devhen - 6/8/12 at 11:16pmpost #5 of 86/8/12 at 11:15pm
Oh and I should mention, in case you're not aware, there is a difference between the 'Pro' and the 'Premium' models. The Premium is the newer model and, from what I've read, the Pro has a tighter headband.. so there's a possibility the Pro is slightly less comfortable, particularly over long listening sessions.post #6 of 86/8/12 at 11:30pm
The headband on the Pro 250ohm is comfortable for hours-long wear. The slightly tighter fit makes for slightly better sound isolation. The DT770 Pro 250ohm are my default portable rig can.post #7 of 86/9/12 at 5:51am
- Best $200 recreation use headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L3 DAP w/case 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 6 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...