- 68 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudio-gd Sparrow DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudioQuest DragonFly Asynchronous USB DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-W3000ANVtagged by System, 6/28/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Semi portable DAC / Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- "Best" portable DAC-only for under USD 300? Last post on 11/24/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help choosing the right DAC/Amp Combo. Last post on 10/23/12 at 4:40pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice article from CNET. What do you guys think?
Are the readers on CNET the stupidest people on the planet? I know that's harsh but I feel like Guttenberg is like Ferran Adria trying to explain cooking to elementary school cafeteria ladies.
Pretty sure he's trying to make it a bit easier to understand as the scope of CNET ranges to more than just areas of audio. less specialized readers than what you'd find here.
Got mine over a week ago after discovering that Best Buy sells them (had to go out of city to get one) to compare to E17 and Audioengine D1 and prefer it ove both of them especially E17 while driving my D7000 and D600. I have nothing to add about how good sounds to what already was said before. I use Foobar under Win 7 Pro 64 bit and have no problem described earlier in this thread but I had when using Audioengine D1 and even setting buffer to minimum settings didn't solve problem completely kt still was happening from track to track regardless of the input used and while using optical input it was powered by my UPS's front USB ports intended for charging. DragonFly also works without problems using ASIO4ALL unlike Audioengine D1 and E17. I also have Arcam rPac on his way to me to see if he can beat it. I'm also interested to try Ibasso D7 but unability to get from US dealer with easy return stops me plus i'm considering Nuforce Icon HD but not sure if it worth extra $50
The audio equipment reviews are both very vague and extremely positive. The rest of their articles are sometimes better, but I feel that they have way too many writers posting frivolous content.
Well, i was considering the audiquest dragonfly but i went ll the way up to a Schiit Asgard (Getting the BIfrost later on, USB version even thou ill use it on optical most times).
After i upgraded the Fiio E17 (for portable use anyway) to the Asgard, for my HE-400 i begun that beatifull moment in audio when you discover the next level of beauty and are still in Awe of it.
The feeling is gone now (7 days in) but i still love it.
Any impressions or comparisons between the two? =)
Gave the Meridian Explorer some ear time on headphones. The ME definitely has more resolution and air than the DragonFly (DF), both set at 24/96k. Vocals on the ME has more depth and mid-bass is cleaner. One can say the DF is slightly warmer than ME. The ME is definitely a notch above the DF in terms of being able to reproduce complex music more clearly while the DF is not as refined. The DF may be easier to like for some due to it's slightly more "analog" sound signature. The ME makes cheapo headphones sound good and good headphones sound even better. The NuForce hp-800 sounds much better through the ME.
Thanks, I will sure get it , as soon as the iUSB from ifi arrives, as it makes a big difference in SQ, no really! that much.
- Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar DSX - surroud through optical out help 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › It's June 2014 and I am waiting for OPPO PM-2 Availability 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)