- 48 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudio-gd Sparrow DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudioQuest DragonFly Asynchronous USB DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-W3000ANVtagged by System, 6/28/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Semi portable DAC / Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- "Best" portable DAC-only for under USD 300? Last post on 11/24/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help choosing the right DAC/Amp Combo. Last post on 10/23/12 at 4:40pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet? - Page 4post #46 of 638/18/12 at 10:25pmI bought this on a whim, and I could hear a very sickening thump as I opened my wallet. I think it's expensive. Then I went home, showered, rushed through dinner while reading the quick setup guide, and finally sat down to play with it. 20 minutes post setup and I plugged in my iems. The thump is back, but this time it's thumping with the music and I had all but forgotten about the money I'd spent. It really sounds good. I'm loving it and as I type these words, I've got it hooked up to my girlfriend's AT A900's. D
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 638/18/12 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by tzjin
Nice article from CNET. What do you guys think?
Are the readers on CNET the stupidest people on the planet? I know that's harsh but I feel like Guttenberg is like Ferran Adria trying to explain cooking to elementary school cafeteria ladies.post #48 of 638/19/12 at 8:15am
Pretty sure he's trying to make it a bit easier to understand as the scope of CNET ranges to more than just areas of audio. less specialized readers than what you'd find here.post #49 of 638/20/12 at 6:58pm
Got mine over a week ago after discovering that Best Buy sells them (had to go out of city to get one) to compare to E17 and Audioengine D1 and prefer it ove both of them especially E17 while driving my D7000 and D600. I have nothing to add about how good sounds to what already was said before. I use Foobar under Win 7 Pro 64 bit and have no problem described earlier in this thread but I had when using Audioengine D1 and even setting buffer to minimum settings didn't solve problem completely kt still was happening from track to track regardless of the input used and while using optical input it was powered by my UPS's front USB ports intended for charging. DragonFly also works without problems using ASIO4ALL unlike Audioengine D1 and E17. I also have Arcam rPac on his way to me to see if he can beat it. I'm also interested to try Ibasso D7 but unability to get from US dealer with easy return stops me plus i'm considering Nuforce Icon HD but not sure if it worth extra $50post #50 of 638/20/12 at 7:23pmQuote:
The audio equipment reviews are both very vague and extremely positive. The rest of their articles are sometimes better, but I feel that they have way too many writers posting frivolous content.post #51 of 6311/28/12 at 7:54ampost #52 of 6311/28/12 at 11:28ampost #53 of 632/12/13 at 6:43am
Well, i was considering the audiquest dragonfly but i went ll the way up to a Schiit Asgard (Getting the BIfrost later on, USB version even thou ill use it on optical most times).
After i upgraded the Fiio E17 (for portable use anyway) to the Asgard, for my HE-400 i begun that beatifull moment in audio when you discover the next level of beauty and are still in Awe of it.
The feeling is gone now (7 days in) but i still love it.post #54 of 632/12/13 at 7:13ampost #55 of 632/14/13 at 2:48ampost #56 of 632/14/13 at 8:28amQuote:
Any impressions or comparisons between the two? =)post #57 of 632/18/13 at 4:55pm
Gave the Meridian Explorer some ear time on headphones. The ME definitely has more resolution and air than the DragonFly (DF), both set at 24/96k. Vocals on the ME has more depth and mid-bass is cleaner. One can say the DF is slightly warmer than ME. The ME is definitely a notch above the DF in terms of being able to reproduce complex music more clearly while the DF is not as refined. The DF may be easier to like for some due to it's slightly more "analog" sound signature. The ME makes cheapo headphones sound good and good headphones sound even better. The NuForce hp-800 sounds much better through the ME.post #58 of 632/18/13 at 4:59pmpost #59 of 632/19/13 at 1:39am
Thanks, I will sure get it , as soon as the iUSB from ifi arrives, as it makes a big difference in SQ, no really! that much.
- Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 23 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 43 seconds ago
- › WTB: Martin Logan Mikros 90 1 minute ago
- › Album art game 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › iriver AK120 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Audioengine A5+ vs KRK Rokit RP6 G3 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude