- 44 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudio-gd Sparrow DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudioQuest DragonFly Asynchronous USB DACtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-W3000ANVtagged by System, 6/29/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Semi portable DAC / Amp Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- "Best" portable DAC-only for under USD 300? Last post on 11/24/12 at 12:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help choosing the right DAC/Amp Combo. Last post on 10/23/12 at 4:40pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need to choose a protable amp +/- DAC... What is your favorite, and why? Last post on 10/16/12 at 10:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet? - Page 4post #46 of 638/18/12 at 10:25pmI bought this on a whim, and I could hear a very sickening thump as I opened my wallet. I think it's expensive. Then I went home, showered, rushed through dinner while reading the quick setup guide, and finally sat down to play with it. 20 minutes post setup and I plugged in my iems. The thump is back, but this time it's thumping with the music and I had all but forgotten about the money I'd spent. It really sounds good. I'm loving it and as I type these words, I've got it hooked up to my girlfriend's AT A900's. D
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 638/18/12 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by tzjin
Nice article from CNET. What do you guys think?
Are the readers on CNET the stupidest people on the planet? I know that's harsh but I feel like Guttenberg is like Ferran Adria trying to explain cooking to elementary school cafeteria ladies.post #48 of 638/19/12 at 8:15am
Pretty sure he's trying to make it a bit easier to understand as the scope of CNET ranges to more than just areas of audio. less specialized readers than what you'd find here.post #49 of 638/20/12 at 6:58pm
Got mine over a week ago after discovering that Best Buy sells them (had to go out of city to get one) to compare to E17 and Audioengine D1 and prefer it ove both of them especially E17 while driving my D7000 and D600. I have nothing to add about how good sounds to what already was said before. I use Foobar under Win 7 Pro 64 bit and have no problem described earlier in this thread but I had when using Audioengine D1 and even setting buffer to minimum settings didn't solve problem completely kt still was happening from track to track regardless of the input used and while using optical input it was powered by my UPS's front USB ports intended for charging. DragonFly also works without problems using ASIO4ALL unlike Audioengine D1 and E17. I also have Arcam rPac on his way to me to see if he can beat it. I'm also interested to try Ibasso D7 but unability to get from US dealer with easy return stops me plus i'm considering Nuforce Icon HD but not sure if it worth extra $50post #50 of 638/20/12 at 7:23pmQuote:
The audio equipment reviews are both very vague and extremely positive. The rest of their articles are sometimes better, but I feel that they have way too many writers posting frivolous content.post #51 of 6311/28/12 at 7:54ampost #52 of 6311/28/12 at 11:28ampost #53 of 632/12/13 at 6:43am
Well, i was considering the audiquest dragonfly but i went ll the way up to a Schiit Asgard (Getting the BIfrost later on, USB version even thou ill use it on optical most times).
After i upgraded the Fiio E17 (for portable use anyway) to the Asgard, for my HE-400 i begun that beatifull moment in audio when you discover the next level of beauty and are still in Awe of it.
The feeling is gone now (7 days in) but i still love it.post #54 of 632/12/13 at 7:13ampost #55 of 632/14/13 at 2:48ampost #56 of 632/14/13 at 8:28amQuote:
Any impressions or comparisons between the two? =)post #57 of 632/18/13 at 4:55pm
Gave the Meridian Explorer some ear time on headphones. The ME definitely has more resolution and air than the DragonFly (DF), both set at 24/96k. Vocals on the ME has more depth and mid-bass is cleaner. One can say the DF is slightly warmer than ME. The ME is definitely a notch above the DF in terms of being able to reproduce complex music more clearly while the DF is not as refined. The DF may be easier to like for some due to it's slightly more "analog" sound signature. The ME makes cheapo headphones sound good and good headphones sound even better. The NuForce hp-800 sounds much better through the ME.post #58 of 632/18/13 at 4:59pmpost #59 of 632/19/13 at 1:39am
Thanks, I will sure get it , as soon as the iUSB from ifi arrives, as it makes a big difference in SQ, no really! that much.
- Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sennheiser HD598 vs Momentum 56 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 58 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Matched pair NOS GEC UK 6AS7G / A1834 tubes in original boxes... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Stax SRM-727 electrostatic amp - CANADA / US 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › multiple conductor cables to a #26 gauge feed wire? 2 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi