Nice choice to make the plug in insert in an angle away from the shoulders with the balance vers.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 425post #6361 of 63885/31/13 at 8:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 63885/31/13 at 8:30pmpost #6363 of 63885/31/13 at 8:34pm
Ironically, that was why we wanted to place it there, but it turns out there is no other place we could have put a standard connector that could handle balanced, so happily necessity and intent happened to align... :-)post #6364 of 63885/31/13 at 9:10pm
We will offer an iBasso and an RSA cables or adaptors, as well as 1/4" single ended. It's not that tons more to make cables then adaptors, so I am thinking that a cable is a better solution than an adaptor; simpler signal path, fewer parts, and one less connection. But the price will be probably 25-30% higher. What do you guys prefer; lower adaptor price or separate cables for each connection?post #6365 of 63885/31/13 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
We will offer an iBasso and an RSA cables or adaptors, as well as 1/4" single ended. It's not that tons more to make cables then adaptors, so I am thinking that a cable is a better solution than an adaptor; simpler signal path, fewer parts, and one less connection. But the price will be probably 25-30% higher. What do you guys prefer; lower adaptor price or separate cables for each connection?
Seperate.post #6366 of 63885/31/13 at 9:29pmpost #6367 of 63885/31/13 at 9:38pmLove both the MD and LCD2. Is that weird? Why must one be chosen over the other?
I think they are quite complimentary, actually.
The MD is the best closed alternative to the LCD2 that I've heard. Is it as good? No, there are tradeoffs, but you're comparing a $300 headphone to a $1000 one.
If you can afford the LCD2 and don't need the excellent isolation of the MD, by all means, the LCD2 is worthwhile, IMHO. If you can't, the MD is an excellent alternative.post #6368 of 63885/31/13 at 9:43pmSeparate as well. Adapters are a pain. That said, mine will be 4 pin XLR for the HIFI-M8 whenever it ships, I already have a 4 pin to hirose. Or Maybe 3 cables? SE, Hirose, 4 pin XLR?
I have one of Dan's earlier balanced prototypes with a different cable and connector. Dan graciously set me up as a beta tester a month or a bit more ago. I have been using the Ibasso PB2/DB2 combo. With this dac/amp set, balanced vs. unbalanced is a bit clearer, faster, tighter bass, a bit more articulate. Small differences, but noticeable and nice.post #6369 of 63885/31/13 at 10:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I don't know what to do!! So its either buy some Mad Dogs or wait a while for HD800's. Would you describe the Mad Dogs as fun in anyway? I'm looking for a fun can to tack onto the HD650's and the DT880's. Also, to anyone wondering why I was thinking the HD800's for a fun can, I wasn't, I was just thinking of them as to stop the Head-Fi addiction. But I don't think I want to do that just yet
Also, to MrSpeakers, remember when I said I'd buy them later this year as I needed money when I returned them? Well here I am
Did no one see my question other than Dan?post #6370 of 63885/31/13 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
It's more forward in some ways, very detailed and very clean, more than I've heard them attain before. I don't want to over-gush, etc, but the cable is part of the difference. I hear some of the improvement when I switch to a SE adaptor and plug into my regular amps, but not all of it.
It feels like there's a bit more dark space, and the attack and transients are a bit faster with the same phone and cable but balanced vs single ended. It also feels like there is more energy behind the mids, they just project more clearly. Mind you, I'm comparing a very limited set of amps that do have different qualities, so I want to be cautious about generalizing this to balanced vs single-ended discussion.
Certainly I can say I have really enjoyed the Schiit stack, the iBasso DB2 adn PB2 stack, and the marvelously small Ray Samuels Intruder.
The cable is more microphonic than the stock cable, a bit more like my Audez'e cable in this respect. For me it's only noticeable when there's no music.
So the balanced option comes with your new cable..or the v moda cable?post #6371 of 63886/1/13 at 11:32ampost #6372 of 63886/1/13 at 11:37am
That's a loaded question. Typically I'd say that the he400 with it's consistent bass slam would be what most would call more "fun." The MD has more linear bass which more people would call more accurate. With that being said, I have more fun with the MD.post #6373 of 63886/1/13 at 11:41ampost #6374 of 63886/1/13 at 11:47ampost #6375 of 63886/1/13 at 12:01pm
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AVOID! Please, for your hearing, stay away from iBasso DX50 9 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7550 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › recommendations for the absolute best, "cost-no-object" portable... 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob