It's because he has the LCD-2's and so he has to defend them 'til death.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 424post #6346 of 64135/31/13 at 11:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6347 of 64135/31/13 at 11:56ampost #6348 of 64135/31/13 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by aamefford
That's the key. I own Mad Dogs, and yes, qualify as a fanboy. I've listened to the LCD's, was thinking about getting a pair. That is high end territory for me. I can swing it if I want to, (have to save up though). For me, I did not see essentially $700 - $800 or so in increased performance. I'm sure others do see the increase as worth while.
Small sound stage on the LCD's for an open can... Surprising to me.Quote:
DOH! Sucked in again... I didn't even see it coming until Kamakahah pointed out my folly.post #6349 of 64135/31/13 at 2:09pmpost #6350 of 64135/31/13 at 2:57pmpost #6351 of 64135/31/13 at 3:17pmpost #6352 of 64135/31/13 at 3:20pmpost #6353 of 64135/31/13 at 3:31pmpost #6354 of 64135/31/13 at 3:36pmpost #6355 of 64135/31/13 at 4:11pmTo put my money where my mouth is, I am waiting for some funds to clear to buy my second pair of Maddogs. I bought a set last year.
Please present some concrete and rational evidence as to why I shouldn't buy them. Go ahead, blow my mind.post #6356 of 64135/31/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Good job old sport. Make me proudpost #6357 of 64135/31/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
Not entirely sure what you're trying to prove as I like the Mad Dogs.
Unless you're comparing old and new revisions there is little point in owning two?post #6358 of 64135/31/13 at 4:45pmpost #6359 of 64135/31/13 at 4:45pmpost #6360 of 64135/31/13 at 4:45pmNothing for me to prove, If he is sure that the stock T50RP sound better than the Maddogs, let him show evidence or stop talking. I won't waste money on the Maddogs if he can prove his previous statement.
The reason for the second pair is for office usage. It will be paired with a Musical Paradise MP301 MK3 amplifier.
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: U2 Ipod Imod/Whipmod CF 64gb (Good Condition) 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW: DSD 1.082 .... 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 7 minutes ago
- › Favorite Headphone Moments in Songs 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 11 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 12 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital