As noted, Headfonia reviewed the older 840 version about a year ago. Pretty much a different beast than what we ship today both sonically and comfort-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When I demoed the K550 at best buy (twice) I felt it was a bit too dry and boring for me. It's definitely more tilted towards the treble than the Mad Dog. That, and the K550 lacks power and a bit of extension in the bass.
I'm not sure how much I'd really trust Mike's reviews, to be honest... He reviewed the 840 pad MDs a looong time ago, so his opinions might not be totally accurate.
I used to have the HD600 but I much prefer the MD, the main reason being the bass
It's more clean and detailed on the mad dogs.
Agree on Mike's reviews... Beyond the issue of the older Dog Pad MD pair, most times I hear things pretty close to opposite what he describes in his gear observations.
So I decided to finally get a dap after my cd boombox craped out on my last camping trip. Got the hm-601, but then it was like what headphone do I use? The mad dogs scare me a lil bit cause they're tuned inside. The th-600's are too expensive. The annies are practically boomboxes and mite piss someone off. Then I came across my ancient mdr-7506's that I haven't touched in years and the only thing that was beat-up on them was the earpads. The mad dogs are being worked on so I had the dog pads laying around....
It's not a perfect fit. The dogpads are too big. If you take a small flathead screwdriver the outer edge of the dogpads have a thin rubber ring on the back inside of the pad. If you push into the 7506's ring slot right at that spot the flap kind of double's over and fit's in there nice and tight without allot of curling.
I put mine up in the for sale thread if anyone has interest.
What tubes are you using with the Lyr?
Using the Lyr/MD combo also but I'm on the stock GE's. Ordered some Amperex 60's OG...hopefully it'll improve the sound. Any tube rolling advice? (Not many others using MDs with the Lyr on the tube rolling thread)
You'll see a big improvement with the OG's for sure. I thought the pair that I had sounded wonderful and were a nice improvement across the whole spectrum on the stock tubes.
**la radiotechnica (very pricey)
thanks Matt, sounds like the alpha is a must have...i guess the improve effect on the stock T50rp should be likewise.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2