As noted, Headfonia reviewed the older 840 version about a year ago. Pretty much a different beast than what we ship today both sonically and comfort-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When I demoed the K550 at best buy (twice) I felt it was a bit too dry and boring for me. It's definitely more tilted towards the treble than the Mad Dog. That, and the K550 lacks power and a bit of extension in the bass.
I'm not sure how much I'd really trust Mike's reviews, to be honest... He reviewed the 840 pad MDs a looong time ago, so his opinions might not be totally accurate.
I used to have the HD600 but I much prefer the MD, the main reason being the bass
It's more clean and detailed on the mad dogs.
Agree on Mike's reviews... Beyond the issue of the older Dog Pad MD pair, most times I hear things pretty close to opposite what he describes in his gear observations.
So I decided to finally get a dap after my cd boombox craped out on my last camping trip. Got the hm-601, but then it was like what headphone do I use? The mad dogs scare me a lil bit cause they're tuned inside. The th-600's are too expensive. The annies are practically boomboxes and mite piss someone off. Then I came across my ancient mdr-7506's that I haven't touched in years and the only thing that was beat-up on them was the earpads. The mad dogs are being worked on so I had the dog pads laying around....
It's not a perfect fit. The dogpads are too big. If you take a small flathead screwdriver the outer edge of the dogpads have a thin rubber ring on the back inside of the pad. If you push into the 7506's ring slot right at that spot the flap kind of double's over and fit's in there nice and tight without allot of curling.
I put mine up in the for sale thread if anyone has interest.
What tubes are you using with the Lyr?
Using the Lyr/MD combo also but I'm on the stock GE's. Ordered some Amperex 60's OG...hopefully it'll improve the sound. Any tube rolling advice? (Not many others using MDs with the Lyr on the tube rolling thread)
You'll see a big improvement with the OG's for sure. I thought the pair that I had sounded wonderful and were a nice improvement across the whole spectrum on the stock tubes.
**la radiotechnica (very pricey)
thanks Matt, sounds like the alpha is a must have...i guess the improve effect on the stock T50rp should be likewise.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Sold my ipod classic and starting over.. Recommendation for DAP?... 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Modern Source/Mp3 Player recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)