As noted, Headfonia reviewed the older 840 version about a year ago. Pretty much a different beast than what we ship today both sonically and comfort-wise.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Technica AD900 - almost brand new Last post on 2/14/14 at 5:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 420
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When I demoed the K550 at best buy (twice) I felt it was a bit too dry and boring for me. It's definitely more tilted towards the treble than the Mad Dog. That, and the K550 lacks power and a bit of extension in the bass.
I'm not sure how much I'd really trust Mike's reviews, to be honest... He reviewed the 840 pad MDs a looong time ago, so his opinions might not be totally accurate.
I used to have the HD600 but I much prefer the MD, the main reason being the bass
It's more clean and detailed on the mad dogs.
Agree on Mike's reviews... Beyond the issue of the older Dog Pad MD pair, most times I hear things pretty close to opposite what he describes in his gear observations.
So I decided to finally get a dap after my cd boombox craped out on my last camping trip. Got the hm-601, but then it was like what headphone do I use? The mad dogs scare me a lil bit cause they're tuned inside. The th-600's are too expensive. The annies are practically boomboxes and mite piss someone off. Then I came across my ancient mdr-7506's that I haven't touched in years and the only thing that was beat-up on them was the earpads. The mad dogs are being worked on so I had the dog pads laying around....
It's not a perfect fit. The dogpads are too big. If you take a small flathead screwdriver the outer edge of the dogpads have a thin rubber ring on the back inside of the pad. If you push into the 7506's ring slot right at that spot the flap kind of double's over and fit's in there nice and tight without allot of curling.
I put mine up in the for sale thread if anyone has interest.
What tubes are you using with the Lyr?
Using the Lyr/MD combo also but I'm on the stock GE's. Ordered some Amperex 60's OG...hopefully it'll improve the sound. Any tube rolling advice? (Not many others using MDs with the Lyr on the tube rolling thread)
You'll see a big improvement with the OG's for sure. I thought the pair that I had sounded wonderful and were a nice improvement across the whole spectrum on the stock tubes.
**la radiotechnica (very pricey)
thanks Matt, sounds like the alpha is a must have...i guess the improve effect on the stock T50rp should be likewise.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 16 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 59 seconds ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)