- 1,121 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 412
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So this is a good day. Did a little computer work for a nice lady today. I was admiring home theater room that she has says that she just had "re-done." All very high end. She tells me that there is some "old stuff" going to the good will store that I can look through. Umm..sure I will. Long store short, I scored: Pioneer Elite sacd player, top of the line Denon receiver from about 5 years ago (weight 48 pounds), Mission speakers and a universal remote.
What model were the Missions? I've always liked Missions (I have a pair of midrange bookshelf speakers from the mid-90's), and I've spent quality time with much of their lineup of the last fifteen years or so.
You and me both. A few weeks ago I had a sad day on which both my office setup and home setup stopped working. My cheap uDAC-2 decided it wanted to be a paperweight when it turned one, then my Sony 5-SACD player decided to become a merry-go-round and just kept swiveling for two hours until I unplugged it.
Well, she was taking it to Good Will. Maybe I should call her back and tell her to let me know if she ever gets tired of her 65" led to let me know.
Oh, the MD's sound amazing with Bach Brandenburg Concertos on sacd. This attack and decay of the orchestral instruments is fantastic!!
Damn, if I lived there I'd start scoping out Goodwill around that area every few days if people are bring equipment like that in...must be a pretty well-to-do hood if people are donating thousand dollar amps and SACD players all willy-nilly. All we have in our Goodwill stores around here is...crap.
Many times here I've heard of guys scoring great used gear at flea markets and yard sales ect. You just have to be the guy who walks in at the right time. Today, I'm that guy.
It definitely happens. I've actually been going to flea markets and yard sales lately, mainly looking for used CD's in good condition, but also for audio gear that people have no idea of it's real value. So far all I've gotten was a Queensryche cd for $2. I did come across a set of old Wharfdale speakers for I think $250, I know that's a good vintage speaker brand, but I know nothing of them, or what to look for as far as wear or repairability goes.
Well, while it is rare, it does happen. Even more than that, a while back my dad passed by a guy who was placing a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers by the curb. Picked them up for free in almost flawless condition.
I was admiring a beautifully hand crafted antique desk about a year ago. I asked the guy if it was a family heirloom. He said no, that the neighbor across the street had put it out on the curb to be picked up as trash. It remains to this day the most impressive piece of furniture that I've ever seen personally.
Just don't understand some people. Anyway, back to the maddogs. What Dan says about source is definitely true. Just fed some 24/192 jazz to the MD's and they are simply stunning.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 58 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Claims and Myths : The Original Compilation 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2