- 1,059 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Technica AD900 - almost brand new Last post on 2/14/14 at 5:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 412
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So this is a good day. Did a little computer work for a nice lady today. I was admiring home theater room that she has says that she just had "re-done." All very high end. She tells me that there is some "old stuff" going to the good will store that I can look through. Umm..sure I will. Long store short, I scored: Pioneer Elite sacd player, top of the line Denon receiver from about 5 years ago (weight 48 pounds), Mission speakers and a universal remote.
What model were the Missions? I've always liked Missions (I have a pair of midrange bookshelf speakers from the mid-90's), and I've spent quality time with much of their lineup of the last fifteen years or so.
You and me both. A few weeks ago I had a sad day on which both my office setup and home setup stopped working. My cheap uDAC-2 decided it wanted to be a paperweight when it turned one, then my Sony 5-SACD player decided to become a merry-go-round and just kept swiveling for two hours until I unplugged it.
Well, she was taking it to Good Will. Maybe I should call her back and tell her to let me know if she ever gets tired of her 65" led to let me know.
Oh, the MD's sound amazing with Bach Brandenburg Concertos on sacd. This attack and decay of the orchestral instruments is fantastic!!
Damn, if I lived there I'd start scoping out Goodwill around that area every few days if people are bring equipment like that in...must be a pretty well-to-do hood if people are donating thousand dollar amps and SACD players all willy-nilly. All we have in our Goodwill stores around here is...crap.
Many times here I've heard of guys scoring great used gear at flea markets and yard sales ect. You just have to be the guy who walks in at the right time. Today, I'm that guy.
It definitely happens. I've actually been going to flea markets and yard sales lately, mainly looking for used CD's in good condition, but also for audio gear that people have no idea of it's real value. So far all I've gotten was a Queensryche cd for $2. I did come across a set of old Wharfdale speakers for I think $250, I know that's a good vintage speaker brand, but I know nothing of them, or what to look for as far as wear or repairability goes.
Well, while it is rare, it does happen. Even more than that, a while back my dad passed by a guy who was placing a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers by the curb. Picked them up for free in almost flawless condition.
I was admiring a beautifully hand crafted antique desk about a year ago. I asked the guy if it was a family heirloom. He said no, that the neighbor across the street had put it out on the curb to be picked up as trash. It remains to this day the most impressive piece of furniture that I've ever seen personally.
Just don't understand some people. Anyway, back to the maddogs. What Dan says about source is definitely true. Just fed some 24/192 jazz to the MD's and they are simply stunning.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 (Like New) 8 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 2 minutes ago
- › Silver plated OFC, does it increase a cable's capacitance? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)