- 1,059 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 10:45 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 412
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So this is a good day. Did a little computer work for a nice lady today. I was admiring home theater room that she has says that she just had "re-done." All very high end. She tells me that there is some "old stuff" going to the good will store that I can look through. Umm..sure I will. Long store short, I scored: Pioneer Elite sacd player, top of the line Denon receiver from about 5 years ago (weight 48 pounds), Mission speakers and a universal remote.
What model were the Missions? I've always liked Missions (I have a pair of midrange bookshelf speakers from the mid-90's), and I've spent quality time with much of their lineup of the last fifteen years or so.
You and me both. A few weeks ago I had a sad day on which both my office setup and home setup stopped working. My cheap uDAC-2 decided it wanted to be a paperweight when it turned one, then my Sony 5-SACD player decided to become a merry-go-round and just kept swiveling for two hours until I unplugged it.
Well, she was taking it to Good Will. Maybe I should call her back and tell her to let me know if she ever gets tired of her 65" led to let me know.
Oh, the MD's sound amazing with Bach Brandenburg Concertos on sacd. This attack and decay of the orchestral instruments is fantastic!!
Damn, if I lived there I'd start scoping out Goodwill around that area every few days if people are bring equipment like that in...must be a pretty well-to-do hood if people are donating thousand dollar amps and SACD players all willy-nilly. All we have in our Goodwill stores around here is...crap.
Many times here I've heard of guys scoring great used gear at flea markets and yard sales ect. You just have to be the guy who walks in at the right time. Today, I'm that guy.
It definitely happens. I've actually been going to flea markets and yard sales lately, mainly looking for used CD's in good condition, but also for audio gear that people have no idea of it's real value. So far all I've gotten was a Queensryche cd for $2. I did come across a set of old Wharfdale speakers for I think $250, I know that's a good vintage speaker brand, but I know nothing of them, or what to look for as far as wear or repairability goes.
Well, while it is rare, it does happen. Even more than that, a while back my dad passed by a guy who was placing a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers by the curb. Picked them up for free in almost flawless condition.
I was admiring a beautifully hand crafted antique desk about a year ago. I asked the guy if it was a family heirloom. He said no, that the neighbor across the street had put it out on the curb to be picked up as trash. It remains to this day the most impressive piece of furniture that I've ever seen personally.
Just don't understand some people. Anyway, back to the maddogs. What Dan says about source is definitely true. Just fed some 24/192 jazz to the MD's and they are simply stunning.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)