- 1,103 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T40rp/T50rp ZMF and Mad Dog mods vs DT770 for gaming? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 412
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So this is a good day. Did a little computer work for a nice lady today. I was admiring home theater room that she has says that she just had "re-done." All very high end. She tells me that there is some "old stuff" going to the good will store that I can look through. Umm..sure I will. Long store short, I scored: Pioneer Elite sacd player, top of the line Denon receiver from about 5 years ago (weight 48 pounds), Mission speakers and a universal remote.
What model were the Missions? I've always liked Missions (I have a pair of midrange bookshelf speakers from the mid-90's), and I've spent quality time with much of their lineup of the last fifteen years or so.
You and me both. A few weeks ago I had a sad day on which both my office setup and home setup stopped working. My cheap uDAC-2 decided it wanted to be a paperweight when it turned one, then my Sony 5-SACD player decided to become a merry-go-round and just kept swiveling for two hours until I unplugged it.
Well, she was taking it to Good Will. Maybe I should call her back and tell her to let me know if she ever gets tired of her 65" led to let me know.
Oh, the MD's sound amazing with Bach Brandenburg Concertos on sacd. This attack and decay of the orchestral instruments is fantastic!!
Damn, if I lived there I'd start scoping out Goodwill around that area every few days if people are bring equipment like that in...must be a pretty well-to-do hood if people are donating thousand dollar amps and SACD players all willy-nilly. All we have in our Goodwill stores around here is...crap.
Many times here I've heard of guys scoring great used gear at flea markets and yard sales ect. You just have to be the guy who walks in at the right time. Today, I'm that guy.
It definitely happens. I've actually been going to flea markets and yard sales lately, mainly looking for used CD's in good condition, but also for audio gear that people have no idea of it's real value. So far all I've gotten was a Queensryche cd for $2. I did come across a set of old Wharfdale speakers for I think $250, I know that's a good vintage speaker brand, but I know nothing of them, or what to look for as far as wear or repairability goes.
Well, while it is rare, it does happen. Even more than that, a while back my dad passed by a guy who was placing a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers by the curb. Picked them up for free in almost flawless condition.
I was admiring a beautifully hand crafted antique desk about a year ago. I asked the guy if it was a family heirloom. He said no, that the neighbor across the street had put it out on the curb to be picked up as trash. It remains to this day the most impressive piece of furniture that I've ever seen personally.
Just don't understand some people. Anyway, back to the maddogs. What Dan says about source is definitely true. Just fed some 24/192 jazz to the MD's and they are simply stunning.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WA7 Fireflies vs Wa22 for TH900 5 seconds ago
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 40 seconds ago
- › Advice on tracing the hiss, please! 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › I Hate Etymotics- Please Help 3 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3