Mark Knopfler is a very sound-savvy artist (along the lines of Dave Matthews), so almost anything he puts out tends to be really well-produced.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 361post #5401 of 64134/24/13 at 1:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5402 of 64134/24/13 at 7:22pmpost #5403 of 64134/24/13 at 10:02pmQuote:
I got ya bud gimmie more details and I will take the measurements of the specific parts you want.post #5404 of 64134/24/13 at 10:11pmpost #5405 of 64134/25/13 at 3:07am
I'm interested in this too. I'm considering some Alpha's for my HE-6's...Wearing the MD's gets you addicted to comfort. I'll also be posting some thoughts about the MD Balanced and unbalanced with various headphone amps: from the i-CAN, to the Mal Valve, to a new prototype from Crayon. Wonderful sounding CANs these Dogs. Also there's a review in the works on 6Moons that might be fun to read.post #5406 of 64134/25/13 at 4:20am
Thanks for the heads up on the MD review. Unfortunately it's just a teaser and only an introduction. Hope to see the rest of the review soon...
Edit...the preview states that the MD now weighs in at 470 grams. Is that correct? I thought that it was more like 400 grams.
Edited by MattTCG - 4/25/13 at 5:23ampost #5407 of 64134/25/13 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by FredSD
I'm interested in this too. I'm considering some Alpha's for my HE-6's...Wearing the MD's gets you addicted to comfort. I'll also be posting some thoughts about the MD Balanced and unbalanced with various headphone amps: from the i-CAN, to the Mal Valve, to a new prototype from Crayon. Wonderful sounding CANs these Dogs. Also there's a review in the works on 6Moons that might be fun to read.
The iCan looks very interesting but is somewhat polluted with lots of marketing...post #5408 of 64134/25/13 at 7:46ampost #5409 of 64134/25/13 at 7:48ampost #5410 of 64134/25/13 at 8:39ampost #5411 of 64134/25/13 at 9:25ampost #5412 of 64134/25/13 at 10:48ampost #5413 of 64134/25/13 at 11:50amQuote:
I'm more than sure that it can. The e11 I had could drive my dt990pro to ridiculous levels while staying relatively clean. The e12 has even more power so I'm sure it can drive the MD's wellpost #5414 of 64134/25/13 at 12:05pmpost #5415 of 64134/25/13 at 1:37pm
I know I can power them at home, just trying to find a way to make them portable since its a headphone I can actually use outside when I'm studying at a library/coffee shop
My only DAP is a sony walkman at the moment (well, and my iphone if that counts) lol
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 seconds ago
- › What are the software and hardware required to play and utilize... 6 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 26 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 2 minutes ago
- › I got the cops called on me 3 minutes ago
- › logitech ultimate ears 6000 3 minutes ago
- › From IE80 to UE900, worth the money? 3 minutes ago
- › Sound card equivalent to Astro Mixamp? 4 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 4 minutes ago
- › Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi