I have just ordered these headphones from Mrspeaker's web site. I filled in all the required information. Now my money is withdrawn from my credit card, but the headphones is still in the shopping chart... And no confirmation order has been sent to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 358
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5357 of 64134/21/13 at 6:15am
If your card is charged, then the order is placed. Just wait to get a confirmation email. I believe Dan is a the NY meet this weekend. Just shoot him a pm for confirmation.post #5358 of 64134/21/13 at 6:24amQuote:
Thanks for this reply. Then i Just can calm down a bit ;). I did leave a message at his site, but I just did the ordering 20 min ago.
All the nice replies in this thread, and the fact that the Mad Dog is closed made me choose this over Audeze and Hifiman.post #5359 of 64134/21/13 at 7:33am
I was at the NY meet yesterday with Dan. I will be reviewing the Mad Dog's with the Woo WA7 as well. I have the headphones and starting listening this morning. Dan is a
super guy as well. These headphones sound very impressive and I am looking forward to my time with them. I will post when link when the review is complete in about 4 weeks.
Edited by Frank I - 4/21/13 at 8:17ampost #5360 of 64134/21/13 at 8:01amQuote:
I am up to my nose in frustration with my eCommerce engine and am looking to move to a new platform. Once in a while orders don't get a proper "completion" status after payment processing.
I do always get the money, and your order is in the database but PayPal and my engine don't complete the transaction and I have to do it manually. If you ever place an order but don't get a confirmation, be patient, I'll contact you within 12-24 hours with an invoice and confirmation.
We are working on it, it's just been infrequent and hard to isolate.
Edited by mrspeakers - 4/21/13 at 10:47ampost #5361 of 64134/21/13 at 12:05pmpost #5362 of 64134/21/13 at 7:58pm
Pulled the trigger and ordered some Mad Dogs today! Definitely my first jump back in full-sized phones after being done with the IEM scene (XBA-40 filled it for me). Looking forward to what these baby's can do, and happy to support a fellow native San Dieganpost #5363 of 64134/21/13 at 10:54pmpost #5364 of 64134/22/13 at 12:03am
I found this in the forum:
I have always thought about this, and some one finally confirm this.Quote:Originally Posted by btrancho
Below are a few photos of my down and dirty "proof of concept" for using a Neutrik NTP3RC-B right angle plug with the Mad Dogs. In its stock form the Neutrik is just a bit too big for the jack opening, but with a bit of judicious filing and sanding, taking no more than 5-10 minutes, the plug fits nice and snug.
I used an existing cable I had laying around in the parts box, made from Canare L-4E5C. It already had the right angle Neutrik on one end and I added a Switchcraft plug at the other end.
Using a medium file I knocked down a bit all around, paying attention to angle the file toward the plug but being careful not to kick or score it. Then I worked it all around with 1/4" strips of 150 grit sandpaper, "shoeshine" style, until it fit the jack easily yet firmly.
It's important that you do the trimming of the plug after you have constructed the cable. I'll give it a coat of black paint as the filing/sanding knocks off the original black finish.
Now to put together some nicer cables...post #5365 of 64134/22/13 at 4:06ampost #5366 of 64134/22/13 at 4:37amQuote:
My second cable is more like the Vmoda you describe - braided 26 AWG OFC sheathed in black paracord. I took more care in final sanding the plug with 400 grit wet/dry and touched it up with a semi-gloss black. You have to look close to see it's not stock. I'll post some photos later.
The Neutrik is very easy to bring down in diameter. Depending on how carefully you file/sand, you can make a very snug fit yet have it connect/disconnect easily when needed. You just need to leave the paint off the section that fits into the jack.
Edited by btrancho - 4/22/13 at 4:38ampost #5367 of 64134/22/13 at 4:52ampost #5368 of 64134/22/13 at 5:18am
Here's a quick shot.
The other end is 3.5mm also, as I am currently using my JDSlabs CmoyBB out of my Bifrost until my new Asgard 2 ships (hopefully) next week. I have a Schiit Valhalla but I find the Mad Dogs really don't sound very good out of an OTL amp (not surprisingly). The CmoyBB has a second TLE2426 rail splitter, runs off a walwart and actually gives the MDs better punch at the low end than the Valhalla.post #5369 of 64134/22/13 at 6:05ampost #5370 of 64134/22/13 at 6:38am
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 seconds ago
- › Help me pick the ideal IEM for Metal/Prog! 5 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 53 seconds ago
- › Budget Headphones - Help please! 1 minute ago
- › ***Violectric V200/v800 ( amp and DAC deal)- shipped within US at... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Sunday New Year Meet 01/05/14 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 mod removes the dark sound 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe