or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 350  

post #5236 of 6388

The Balanced Version at the NY show, blew my socks off.  Orders pending.

post #5237 of 6388
Interestingly, judging from Innerfidelity's measurements, Mad Dogs are more sensitive than LFFs. Different mass loading/damping, I guess?
Sorry if this has been asked before, what is MD's sensitivity in db/mw? And what is the weight? Thanks in advanace.
post #5238 of 6388

I am in a dilema here, I sold out my HE-400 and I am thinking of buying another Mad Dog for home use or buy a LCD2.2 for home usage. Isolation, amping requirement is advantage of mad dog, but seems like LCD2.2 is a big plus. I already love the sound of Mad Dog with Alpha pad so I dont know it upgrading will make me love orthos sound even more.

post #5239 of 6388

The sound quality between the LCD2 and Mad Dog is no contest. The LCD2 is better in every way. It's up to you to figure out if that difference is worth $700. Judging purely from a price/performance ratio, it's not a 3x the sound quality jump. But the LCD2 is noticeably better.

post #5240 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam3less View Post

The sound quality between the LCD2 and Mad Dog is no contest. The LCD2 is better in every way. It's up to you to figure out if that difference is worth $700. Judging purely from a price/performance ratio, it's not a 3x the sound quality jump. But the LCD2 is noticeably better.

 

Not in every way.  In isolation, the Mad Dog is superior.  That may be enough for some people.  If my environment is not quiet enough to allow for me to listen at a comfortable volume level where these differences could be heard, it doesn't matter too much.  

 

The LCD-2 may sound spectacular, but not if all my music comes with a faint sound of my refrigerator's compressor droning along with it. blink.gif

post #5241 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitus mirus View Post

Not in every way.  In isolation, the Mad Dog is superior.  That may be enough for some people.  If my environment is not quiet enough to allow for me to listen at a comfortable volume level where these differences could be heard, it doesn't matter too much.  

The LCD-2 may sound spectacular, but not if all my music comes with a faint sound of my refrigerator's compressor droning along with it. blink.gif
Virtually any closed back headphone would seal better than the open back lcd2.
post #5242 of 6388

the only problem i have with these cans.. is that everyone wants to keep theirs.. havent seen a fs in like 2 weeks T_T 

post #5243 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitus mirus View Post

 

Not in every way.  In isolation, the Mad Dog is superior.  That may be enough for some people.  If my environment is not quiet enough to allow for me to listen at a comfortable volume level where these differences could be heard, it doesn't matter too much.  

 

The LCD-2 may sound spectacular, but not if all my music comes with a faint sound of my refrigerator's compressor droning along with it. blink.gif

He had other open back headphones in his sig (HD650) so I wasn't concerned with that. But yes, if isolation is a must at home, then MD for sure.

post #5244 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviver View Post

the only problem i have with these cans.. is that everyone wants to keep theirs.. havent seen a fs in like 2 weeks T_T 

I got you.

post #5245 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviver View Post

the only problem i have with these cans.. is that everyone wants to keep theirs.. havent seen a fs in like 2 weeks T_T 

PMSENT

post #5246 of 6388
Pretty sure people will start unloading theirs due to wanting the Balanced version.
post #5247 of 6388

I always thought that the balance group was pretty small in comparison to the SE crowd. confused.gif

post #5248 of 6388

Also, I will have a balanced upgrade for current owners.  It won't be available for pre-order or discount, but it should be pretty cost-effective.

 

Final price is TBD until I know my exact cable costs.  

post #5249 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I always thought that the balance group was pretty small in comparison to the SE crowd. confused.gif

 

My thoughts exactly.

 

However curiosity is piqued now to see what a balanced set sound like. Is there that much difference?

post #5250 of 6388
Hmmm, going balanced would force me to buy a speaker amp for my future he-4
/6 ;D oh how this horrible mentality runs my wallet.
Edited by vaed - 4/15/13 at 5:48pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review