Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 340  

post #5086 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

What does that make the HE-6?

A fu*king BIT**

post #5087 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

A Gold Digger 

 

I win, where do I claim my prize?

So that's where all the gold used in the tracings symbolize. 

post #5088 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

A fu*king BIT**

I think this might be the HD800. The HE-6 isn't picky as long as the amp is loaded. Gold Digger in IMO.

 

This is fun. evil_smiley.gif

post #5089 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

I think this might be the HD800. The HE-6 isn't picky as long as the amp is loaded. Gold Digger in IMO.

 

This is fun. evil_smiley.gif

HE-6 is way more fussy. But I think Gold Digger is apt as well.

post #5090 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

HE-6 is way more fussy. But I think Gold Digger is apt as well.

Well I guess a Bitch can also be a Gold Digger. Win win I guess?

 

It's hard to top the LCD-2 = Amp Slut

post #5091 of 6388
So that makes the HD 650 a cougar?
post #5092 of 6388

Damn you, prep, do ya see what you've started.

post #5093 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Discrete is actually solid state. Now that I am through being a pain:) What do you like about the 120?  How Portable is it? How long do you really get on a battery etc?

 

 I am in the market for a Portable discrete amp and this is on the short list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

Wow lot of debate here on md's and lcd-2's and whether or not they require a fancy amp. Personally I think that they both def. change sound with different amps. However I would say that v-shaped cans as a whole, in my experience, are harder to match up and that their sound change between amps usually (but not always) is more dramatic. As far as tubes or ss I choose neither aha-120 all the way.

 

Not to pile on with Hutnicks, but if you choose the aha-120, you're definitely choosing solid state.  I'm curious though, do you actually have both the aha-120 and the Mad Dogs?  If so, it's nice to add another capable amp to the list.

post #5094 of 6388

I don't know if people have thought about doing this, but everybody who owns Mad Dogs with Alpha pads should try it out. Rotate the pads a little bit so that the back of the pad follows the slant of the back of your ear, similar to how Sennheiser headphones fit. Comfort on my pair improved significantly and I'm getting an even better seal now. Also, isolation improved by a few dB and perceived bass presence rose just a little bit (probably a result of the better seal and isolation).

post #5095 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post

I don't know if people have thought about doing this, but everybody who owns Mad Dogs with Alpha pads should try it out. Rotate the pads a little bit so that the back of the pad follows the slant of the back of your ear, similar to how Sennheiser headphones fit. Comfort on my pair improved significantly and I'm getting an even better seal now. Also, isolation improved by a few dB and perceived bass presence rose just a little bit (probably a result of the better seal and isolation).

 

Hey, nice suggestion.  I'd been tipping the phones back a bit to rest more on my crown, your fix does the same thing more intelligently!

 

If anyone else tries this I'd love to hear the result...  

post #5096 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post

I don't know if people have thought about doing this, but everybody who owns Mad Dogs with Alpha pads should try it out. Rotate the pads a little bit so that the back of the pad follows the slant of the back of your ear, similar to how Sennheiser headphones fit. Comfort on my pair improved significantly and I'm getting an even better seal now. Also, isolation improved by a few dB and perceived bass presence rose just a little bit (probably a result of the better seal and isolation).

 

Hey, nice suggestion.  I'd been tipping the phones back a bit to rest more on my crown, your fix does the same thing more intelligently!

 

If anyone else tries this I'd love to hear the result...  

I can verify that this. Just tried rotating the pads on mine a bit and the slight pressure against the tip of my ear has been alleviated. No commend on how it changes the sound or seal though until I evaluate them a bit more.

post #5097 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post

I don't know if people have thought about doing this, but everybody who owns Mad Dogs with Alpha pads should try it out. Rotate the pads a little bit so that the back of the pad follows the slant of the back of your ear, similar to how Sennheiser headphones fit. Comfort on my pair improved significantly and I'm getting an even better seal now. Also, isolation improved by a few dB and perceived bass presence rose just a little bit (probably a result of the better seal and isolation).

 

Actually no change for me, but I got a pretty big head so the seal is already superb and I find the bass to be rich. But the comfort did get even abit better, as they are more angled to my ear now. My wife complained that they did not have enough bass for her, was sorted with the turning of the pad. Yeh she is a basshead basshead.gif

post #5098 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

 

Not to pile on with Hutnicks, but if you choose the aha-120, you're definitely choosing solid state.  I'm curious though, do you actually have both the aha-120 and the Mad Dogs?  If so, it's nice to add another capable amp to the list.

yep they sound really nice together.

post #5099 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

yep they sound really nice together.

 

Cool.  Good to know.

post #5100 of 6388
New and improved Alpha pads, rotated for your pleasu... Err, comfort.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review