or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 307  

post #4591 of 6388

Talking about price range (see previous post), for me in the Netherlands the totall costs would be 350,- EURO, which is 450,- USD.

That is including shipping costs and customs duties.

 

Question to all MD owners: would you have bought them if you had to pay $ 450,-?

Are they worth that amount of money?

post #4592 of 6388

^^ That's a tough question to answer. For me, the short answer is yes. Mostly because I these hp's sound more expensive than they cost. 

post #4593 of 6388

Short answer. Yes! I don't know any closed headphones sounds better like Mad Dog in the price range 350EUR.

post #4594 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiemen View Post

Question to all MD owners: would you have bought them if you had to pay $ 450,-?

Are they worth that amount of money?

 

Yes, for me they would be.  At this price though, certain characteristics would have to be important to you: neutral/flat response, excellent isolation, and extreme comfort being at the top of the list.

post #4595 of 6388
Somebody compare the Mad Dogs with the Soundmagic hp100! lots of "hype" surrounding those lately.
post #4596 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Somebody compare the Mad Dogs with the Soundmagic hp100! lots of "hype" surrounding those lately.

http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/soundmagic-hp100-review.html#!/2012/10/soundmagic-hp100-review.html

 

Seem ok.....but aimed at a different audience i'd say....

post #4597 of 6388

Got my Darth Dogs today!  Here are a couple cell phone pics I took:

 

 

 

 

Quick impression is that they're great, but then again I'm a newbie so pretty much anything will sound good to me.  Immediately recognized a huge difference between these and my Denon D2000s which I'm glad about, as I was looking for a more monitor-ish type of headphone to complement those.  Only other "real" headphones I have owned are AD700s, which these completely smoke, not surprisingly.  Using a Fiio E11 to power them with an X-Fi Titanium, which is working well enough, though I do plan to get a desktop amp at some point.

 

I'm mostly excited because I'm really experiencing the "whoa I didn't know that sound is in this song" thing I've seen others talk about.  I still like the D2Ks but obviously their forte is sub-bass and not accuracy so much.


Edited by aak57 - 3/29/13 at 12:33pm
post #4598 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by aak57 View Post

Got my Darth Dogs today!  Here are a couple cell phone pics I took:








Quick impression is that they're great, but then again I'm a newbie so pretty much anything will sound good to me.  Immediately recognized a huge difference between these and my Denon D2000s which I'm glad about, as I was looking for a more monitor-ish type of headphone to complement those.  Only other "real" headphones I have owned are AD700s, which these completely smoke, not surprisingly.  Using a Fiio E11 to power them with an X-Fi Titanium, which is working well enough, though I do plan to get a desktop amp at some point.

I'm mostly excited because I'm really experiencing the "whoa I didn't know that sound is in this song" thing I've seen others talk about.  I still like the D2Ks but obviously their forte is sub-bass and not accuracy so much.
That looks beautiful! smily_headphones1.gif
You're tempting me to buy them now, lol.
Also, I like your avatar biggrin.gif (I'm watching Higurashi right now)
post #4599 of 6388

Guys.....I recommended a one box solution for MD's a page or two ago.....for either colorfly C4 or Ibasso DX100, which would drive sufficiently well......just wondering....if i'm wrong, would balancing the MD's help support my claim?

 

I'm starting to doubt myself now...with all the comments on extra amping confused_face(1).gif

post #4600 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by aak57 View Post

Got my Darth Dogs today!  Here are a couple cell phone pics I took:

 

I'm mostly excited because I'm really experiencing the "whoa I didn't know that sound is in this song" thing I've seen others talk about.  I still like the D2Ks but obviously their forte is sub-bass and not accuracy so much.

As a former D2000 owner who went Planar Magnetic. I think I know exactly how you feel. A big leap. I ended up selling my D2000, and Q701 and HD650s...

 

Thanks for the pics of the Darth Dogs... amazing looking and definitely more to my taste.

post #4601 of 6388

I should really keep out of this thread, feelings of regret overcome me every time I read about this headphone..

post #4602 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by aak57 View Post

Got my Darth Dogs today!  Here are a couple cell phone pics I took:








Quick impression is that they're great, but then again I'm a newbie so pretty much anything will sound good to me.  Immediately recognized a huge difference between these and my Denon D2000s which I'm glad about, as I was looking for a more monitor-ish type of headphone to complement those.  Only other "real" headphones I have owned are AD700s, which these completely smoke, not surprisingly.  Using a Fiio E11 to power them with an X-Fi Titanium, which is working well enough, though I do plan to get a desktop amp at some point.

I'm mostly excited because I'm really experiencing the "whoa I didn't know that sound is in this song" thing I've seen others talk about.  I still like the D2Ks but obviously their forte is sub-bass and not accuracy so much.

Whatta pads?
post #4603 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

I should really keep out of this thread, feelings of regret overcome me every time I read about this headphone..
Your sig... eek.gif
post #4604 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDR30 View Post


Whatta pads?


Oh right, forgot to mention that.  I went with the alpha pads. 

 

 

I'm kinda tempted to get the adjustment bars powdercoated or annodized black for a total stealth look, but I dunno if it'd be too "overpowering" to not have any accent.  A silver could work, I think.

post #4605 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Your sig... eek.gif

 

Yep wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review