Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 276  

post #4126 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeffect View Post

So right now I know I'm not bringing out it's full potential, but I'm curious what changes do I get from getting a better amp like the magni.  I'm currently using the E7 with them.  and also how much of an improvement will I see?

I think a big oneredface.gif

post #4127 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

As someone else mentioned the AD700 is a very good can, so that would be part of the issue of not hearing a huge difference. The other issue is that you'll need a decent desktop amp to get the MD to perform at it's best. To my ears, the MD scales well...meaning the better the amp the better it will sound. 

 

Something like the fiio e09k would give you a nice start and really open up with the MD for you. It would also work well with the AD700. 

 

gL!!

absoulutely! I'm using a Hybrid Tube Amp [indeed G3] with a 12ua7 Clear Top and it's WAY better than my Fiio E11 or cmoy BB 18v, I mean WAY WAY better lol, so I'm looking forward to the potential these guys have :D

 

Oh DAMN, are these really my Mad dogs :D, listening to Nu Tone and I'm very pleased... it has the nice smooth laid back sound sig that my cheapo car speakers have [which I enjoy] ofc Mad Dogs have more deatail ect... still nice laid back sound... I likes


Edited by Mshenay - 3/9/13 at 10:07pm
post #4128 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

I think a big oneredface.gif

 

Are you using the O2 with the Mad Dogs?  If so, you might want to look into an upgraded power supply.  It wouldn't cost too much, but more current reserves was never a bad thing for orthos.  You might be surprised.

post #4129 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

I think a big oneredface.gif

 

Are you using the O2 with the Mad Dogs?  If so, you might want to look into an upgraded power supply.  It wouldn't cost too much, but more current reserves was never a bad thing for orthos.  You might be surprised.

Linky?

post #4130 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Linky?

Look up: "WAU16-400".  Mouser links sometimes break, but it's the first google result at the moment.  

 

It is the 16VAC/400mA transformer originally specified for use with "low impedance power hungry cans" in the O2 documentation vs. the cheaper 12VAC/200mA transformer (WAU12-200) most of the commercial builders sell. Some people have gotten even more powerful models(max of 20VAC and whatever current rating you can find), but WAU16-400 has seemed plenty good for me with both MDs and HE-500.


Edited by Skavoovie - 3/10/13 at 5:24am
post #4131 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

 

Anyone upgraded cable since buying or even with Dan, through, e.g. BGT before buying?

There are a few of us that have aftermarket cables hardwired to Mad Dog.

 

 

I think a short poll should be created: Which headphone do we feel the MD most sounds like

 

HE-400

HE-500

HD650

LCD2, etc etc.

post #4132 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

There are a few of us that have aftermarket cables hardwired to Mad Dog.

 

 

I think a short poll should be created: Which headphone do we feel the MD most sounds like

 

HE-400

HE-500

HD650

LCD2, etc etc.

 

 

I vote HD650s

post #4133 of 6388

For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2. 

 

Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. tongue.gif This must be what it feels like to be my wife. rolleyes.gif

post #4134 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2. 

 

Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. tongue.gif This must be what it feels like to be my wife. rolleyes.gif

 

 

Can't sound like both Matt - You only get one vote.  Tell him para..

post #4135 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

Can't sound like both Matt - You only get one vote.  Tell him para..

I don't follow rules or play nice. Get 'em, Matt!

 

 

LCD-2 here. Although I wanna lean to HE-500 with AP's.

post #4136 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post


I vote HD650s
Agreed, with hints of LCD2. I have only heard either in meet settings though. They really remind me of a closed HD650. Better treble and deeper bass extension with the MD's, from memory and in a loud ish meet setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2. 

Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. tongue.gif
 This must be what it feels like to be my wife. rolleyes.gif

Wow - that was funny! Best our lovely wives don't read this!
post #4137 of 6388

^^ I have a privacy screen on my monitor to protect against just such events from the Mrs. I tell my her it's a graphical accentuation enhancement screen. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #4138 of 6388
Definitely the HD650.
post #4139 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I don't follow rules or play nice. Get 'em, Matt!

 

 

LCD-2 here. Although I wanna lean to HE-500 with AP's.

 

Awww Man....

post #4140 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

Awww Man....

Sorry, Dan pays me royalties. Otherwise...my pick would be Bose in all reality. tongue.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review