I think a big one
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 276post #4126 of 63883/9/13 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4127 of 63883/9/13 at 9:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
As someone else mentioned the AD700 is a very good can, so that would be part of the issue of not hearing a huge difference. The other issue is that you'll need a decent desktop amp to get the MD to perform at it's best. To my ears, the MD scales well...meaning the better the amp the better it will sound.
Something like the fiio e09k would give you a nice start and really open up with the MD for you. It would also work well with the AD700.
absoulutely! I'm using a Hybrid Tube Amp [indeed G3] with a 12ua7 Clear Top and it's WAY better than my Fiio E11 or cmoy BB 18v, I mean WAY WAY better lol, so I'm looking forward to the potential these guys have :D
Oh DAMN, are these really my Mad dogs :D, listening to Nu Tone and I'm very pleased... it has the nice smooth laid back sound sig that my cheapo car speakers have [which I enjoy] ofc Mad Dogs have more deatail ect... still nice laid back sound... I likes
Edited by Mshenay - 3/9/13 at 10:07pmpost #4128 of 63883/9/13 at 10:16pmpost #4129 of 63883/9/13 at 10:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Are you using the O2 with the Mad Dogs? If so, you might want to look into an upgraded power supply. It wouldn't cost too much, but more current reserves was never a bad thing for orthos. You might be surprised.
Linky?post #4130 of 63883/10/13 at 5:22am
Look up: "WAU16-400". Mouser links sometimes break, but it's the first google result at the moment.
It is the 16VAC/400mA transformer originally specified for use with "low impedance power hungry cans" in the O2 documentation vs. the cheaper 12VAC/200mA transformer (WAU12-200) most of the commercial builders sell. Some people have gotten even more powerful models(max of 20VAC and whatever current rating you can find), but WAU16-400 has seemed plenty good for me with both MDs and HE-500.
Edited by Skavoovie - 3/10/13 at 5:24ampost #4131 of 63883/10/13 at 6:42amQuote:
There are a few of us that have aftermarket cables hardwired to Mad Dog.
I think a short poll should be created: Which headphone do we feel the MD most sounds like
LCD2, etc etc.post #4132 of 63883/10/13 at 6:55ampost #4133 of 63883/10/13 at 7:04am
For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2.
Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. This must be what it feels like to be my wife.post #4134 of 63883/10/13 at 7:29amQuote:
Can't sound like both Matt - You only get one vote. Tell him para..post #4135 of 63883/10/13 at 7:42ampost #4136 of 63883/10/13 at 7:57amQuote:
Wow - that was funny! Best our lovely wives don't read this!post #4137 of 63883/10/13 at 8:13ampost #4138 of 63883/10/13 at 8:18ampost #4139 of 63883/10/13 at 10:13am
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for cheap gym IEMs (<30$) 49 seconds ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › [Like New] PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › I could really use some guidance from you guys 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Best 100-150$ headphones for pop music 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)