I think a big one
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 276
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As someone else mentioned the AD700 is a very good can, so that would be part of the issue of not hearing a huge difference. The other issue is that you'll need a decent desktop amp to get the MD to perform at it's best. To my ears, the MD scales well...meaning the better the amp the better it will sound.
Something like the fiio e09k would give you a nice start and really open up with the MD for you. It would also work well with the AD700.
absoulutely! I'm using a Hybrid Tube Amp [indeed G3] with a 12ua7 Clear Top and it's WAY better than my Fiio E11 or cmoy BB 18v, I mean WAY WAY better lol, so I'm looking forward to the potential these guys have :D
Oh DAMN, are these really my Mad dogs :D, listening to Nu Tone and I'm very pleased... it has the nice smooth laid back sound sig that my cheapo car speakers have [which I enjoy] ofc Mad Dogs have more deatail ect... still nice laid back sound... I likes
Edited by Mshenay - 3/9/13 at 10:07pm
Are you using the O2 with the Mad Dogs? If so, you might want to look into an upgraded power supply. It wouldn't cost too much, but more current reserves was never a bad thing for orthos. You might be surprised.
Look up: "WAU16-400". Mouser links sometimes break, but it's the first google result at the moment.
It is the 16VAC/400mA transformer originally specified for use with "low impedance power hungry cans" in the O2 documentation vs. the cheaper 12VAC/200mA transformer (WAU12-200) most of the commercial builders sell. Some people have gotten even more powerful models(max of 20VAC and whatever current rating you can find), but WAU16-400 has seemed plenty good for me with both MDs and HE-500.
Edited by Skavoovie - 3/10/13 at 5:24am
There are a few of us that have aftermarket cables hardwired to Mad Dog.
I think a short poll should be created: Which headphone do we feel the MD most sounds like
LCD2, etc etc.
For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2.
Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. This must be what it feels like to be my wife.
Can't sound like both Matt - You only get one vote. Tell him para..
Wow - that was funny! Best our lovely wives don't read this!
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Destiny 14 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 55 seconds ago
- › The best full-sized- sub 60$? 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)