I think a big one
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 276
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As someone else mentioned the AD700 is a very good can, so that would be part of the issue of not hearing a huge difference. The other issue is that you'll need a decent desktop amp to get the MD to perform at it's best. To my ears, the MD scales well...meaning the better the amp the better it will sound.
Something like the fiio e09k would give you a nice start and really open up with the MD for you. It would also work well with the AD700.
absoulutely! I'm using a Hybrid Tube Amp [indeed G3] with a 12ua7 Clear Top and it's WAY better than my Fiio E11 or cmoy BB 18v, I mean WAY WAY better lol, so I'm looking forward to the potential these guys have :D
Oh DAMN, are these really my Mad dogs :D, listening to Nu Tone and I'm very pleased... it has the nice smooth laid back sound sig that my cheapo car speakers have [which I enjoy] ofc Mad Dogs have more deatail ect... still nice laid back sound... I likes
Edited by Mshenay - 3/9/13 at 10:07pm
Are you using the O2 with the Mad Dogs? If so, you might want to look into an upgraded power supply. It wouldn't cost too much, but more current reserves was never a bad thing for orthos. You might be surprised.
Look up: "WAU16-400". Mouser links sometimes break, but it's the first google result at the moment.
It is the 16VAC/400mA transformer originally specified for use with "low impedance power hungry cans" in the O2 documentation vs. the cheaper 12VAC/200mA transformer (WAU12-200) most of the commercial builders sell. Some people have gotten even more powerful models(max of 20VAC and whatever current rating you can find), but WAU16-400 has seemed plenty good for me with both MDs and HE-500.
Edited by Skavoovie - 3/10/13 at 5:24am
There are a few of us that have aftermarket cables hardwired to Mad Dog.
I think a short poll should be created: Which headphone do we feel the MD most sounds like
LCD2, etc etc.
For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2.
Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. This must be what it feels like to be my wife.
Can't sound like both Matt - You only get one vote. Tell him para..
Wow - that was funny! Best our lovely wives don't read this!
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 36 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › High End audiophile products - not many differences to cheap... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2