I think a big one
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 276post #4126 of 63883/9/13 at 9:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4127 of 63883/9/13 at 9:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
As someone else mentioned the AD700 is a very good can, so that would be part of the issue of not hearing a huge difference. The other issue is that you'll need a decent desktop amp to get the MD to perform at it's best. To my ears, the MD scales well...meaning the better the amp the better it will sound.
Something like the fiio e09k would give you a nice start and really open up with the MD for you. It would also work well with the AD700.
absoulutely! I'm using a Hybrid Tube Amp [indeed G3] with a 12ua7 Clear Top and it's WAY better than my Fiio E11 or cmoy BB 18v, I mean WAY WAY better lol, so I'm looking forward to the potential these guys have :D
Oh DAMN, are these really my Mad dogs :D, listening to Nu Tone and I'm very pleased... it has the nice smooth laid back sound sig that my cheapo car speakers have [which I enjoy] ofc Mad Dogs have more deatail ect... still nice laid back sound... I likes
Edited by Mshenay - 3/9/13 at 10:07pmpost #4128 of 63883/9/13 at 10:16pmpost #4129 of 63883/9/13 at 10:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Are you using the O2 with the Mad Dogs? If so, you might want to look into an upgraded power supply. It wouldn't cost too much, but more current reserves was never a bad thing for orthos. You might be surprised.
Linky?post #4130 of 63883/10/13 at 5:22am
Look up: "WAU16-400". Mouser links sometimes break, but it's the first google result at the moment.
It is the 16VAC/400mA transformer originally specified for use with "low impedance power hungry cans" in the O2 documentation vs. the cheaper 12VAC/200mA transformer (WAU12-200) most of the commercial builders sell. Some people have gotten even more powerful models(max of 20VAC and whatever current rating you can find), but WAU16-400 has seemed plenty good for me with both MDs and HE-500.
Edited by Skavoovie - 3/10/13 at 5:24ampost #4131 of 63883/10/13 at 6:42amQuote:
There are a few of us that have aftermarket cables hardwired to Mad Dog.
I think a short poll should be created: Which headphone do we feel the MD most sounds like
LCD2, etc etc.post #4132 of 63883/10/13 at 6:55ampost #4133 of 63883/10/13 at 7:04am
For me it's in between the he500 and lcd2.
Once you reach 5k posts, anything that you say is automatically right. Come on preproman...just a few more and you to can always be right like me. This must be what it feels like to be my wife.post #4134 of 63883/10/13 at 7:29amQuote:
Can't sound like both Matt - You only get one vote. Tell him para..post #4135 of 63883/10/13 at 7:42ampost #4136 of 63883/10/13 at 7:57amQuote:
Wow - that was funny! Best our lovely wives don't read this!post #4137 of 63883/10/13 at 8:13ampost #4138 of 63883/10/13 at 8:18ampost #4139 of 63883/10/13 at 10:13am
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 3 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 18 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 57 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Is the X5 the best DAP under $500 ? 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › How many of you have found your endgame holy grail headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E06 and AKG K612 2 minutes ago
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)