Yeah, I'm finding that many music-lovers are also beer lovers, which makes perfect sense. To me, there's nothing quite like enjoying some good music while sipping on a quality brewed beer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a good plan. Never look back...or forward. I you're enjoying what you'd got then that's what it's all about really. I've had some pretty inexpensive setups that I've enjoyed tremendously.
SQ-aside, it's also probably the most capable as far as core functionality (amplification), lower output impedance than the E9 so it'll play nicer with lower impedance headphones; and more power than any of the others if you've got harder to drive headphones.
Least versatile as far as extra functionality tho, no extra outputs like the E09K or docking functionality for an extra DAC... He doesn't need any of that to run it off his sound card tho.
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:13pm
lol Nice writeup!
I think I may end up with a Leckerton portable amp + a Magni when I order my MD... I don't need both but I'd like to test the former against something that's known to drive the MD well. I'm not sure if even my STX is up to the task, but it'd be hard to compare against it in the living room anyway.
The Lecker would be be a lot more versatile and the optical hookup to the DVR would be a plus, but I can live with the Magni out of my AVR's headphone-out if it ends up sounding better (and my wallet would be happier anyway).
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:35pm
Nice review ruleof72, and that was your impressions without the magni amp huh? And thanx to those who replied to my previous question. It seems like every headphone I'm looking at has one flaw that makes it a dealbreaker for me, lol. The HE-400's drop in the upper mids, the HD650's lack of bass extention, and the Mad Dog's being a closed back headphone (probably the less serious flaw out of the three).
Holy crap...I was one of the skeptical one of how well these perform.
I'm currently listening to them while typing and they sound real good. I'm not going to comment too much as I just got to listening to them for only ten minutes, but they are sooo smooth and effortless. I'm listening to acoustic jazz right now. The earpads to me are softer than what they look on the picture, they look thick, but once you put them on decompress like a pillow. When holding them in your hand they look nice, but they look funny on the head
Thanks MattTCG for the recommendation
Edited by soundeffect - 3/9/13 at 8:17pm
So right now I know I'm not bringing out it's full potential, but I'm curious what changes do I get from getting a better amp like the magni. I'm currently using the E7 with them. and also how much of an improvement will I see?
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Upgrade from Creative Aurvana Live? 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM tips? 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Where can you get free flac musics? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2