Yeah, I'm finding that many music-lovers are also beer lovers, which makes perfect sense. To me, there's nothing quite like enjoying some good music while sipping on a quality brewed beer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- This time , BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone seemingly a subordinate of S5 , it seems like people at brainwavz are serious about making durable and value efficient...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a good plan. Never look back...or forward. I you're enjoying what you'd got then that's what it's all about really. I've had some pretty inexpensive setups that I've enjoyed tremendously.
SQ-aside, it's also probably the most capable as far as core functionality (amplification), lower output impedance than the E9 so it'll play nicer with lower impedance headphones; and more power than any of the others if you've got harder to drive headphones.
Least versatile as far as extra functionality tho, no extra outputs like the E09K or docking functionality for an extra DAC... He doesn't need any of that to run it off his sound card tho.
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:13pm
lol Nice writeup!
I think I may end up with a Leckerton portable amp + a Magni when I order my MD... I don't need both but I'd like to test the former against something that's known to drive the MD well. I'm not sure if even my STX is up to the task, but it'd be hard to compare against it in the living room anyway.
The Lecker would be be a lot more versatile and the optical hookup to the DVR would be a plus, but I can live with the Magni out of my AVR's headphone-out if it ends up sounding better (and my wallet would be happier anyway).
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:35pm
Nice review ruleof72, and that was your impressions without the magni amp huh? And thanx to those who replied to my previous question. It seems like every headphone I'm looking at has one flaw that makes it a dealbreaker for me, lol. The HE-400's drop in the upper mids, the HD650's lack of bass extention, and the Mad Dog's being a closed back headphone (probably the less serious flaw out of the three).
Holy crap...I was one of the skeptical one of how well these perform.
I'm currently listening to them while typing and they sound real good. I'm not going to comment too much as I just got to listening to them for only ten minutes, but they are sooo smooth and effortless. I'm listening to acoustic jazz right now. The earpads to me are softer than what they look on the picture, they look thick, but once you put them on decompress like a pillow. When holding them in your hand they look nice, but they look funny on the head
Thanks MattTCG for the recommendation
Edited by soundeffect - 3/9/13 at 8:17pm
So right now I know I'm not bringing out it's full potential, but I'm curious what changes do I get from getting a better amp like the magni. I'm currently using the E7 with them. and also how much of an improvement will I see?
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 44 seconds ago
- › how does Analog music sound differently from Digital music? 46 seconds ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 58 seconds ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)