Yeah, I'm finding that many music-lovers are also beer lovers, which makes perfect sense. To me, there's nothing quite like enjoying some good music while sipping on a quality brewed beer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a good plan. Never look back...or forward. I you're enjoying what you'd got then that's what it's all about really. I've had some pretty inexpensive setups that I've enjoyed tremendously.
SQ-aside, it's also probably the most capable as far as core functionality (amplification), lower output impedance than the E9 so it'll play nicer with lower impedance headphones; and more power than any of the others if you've got harder to drive headphones.
Least versatile as far as extra functionality tho, no extra outputs like the E09K or docking functionality for an extra DAC... He doesn't need any of that to run it off his sound card tho.
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:13pm
lol Nice writeup!
I think I may end up with a Leckerton portable amp + a Magni when I order my MD... I don't need both but I'd like to test the former against something that's known to drive the MD well. I'm not sure if even my STX is up to the task, but it'd be hard to compare against it in the living room anyway.
The Lecker would be be a lot more versatile and the optical hookup to the DVR would be a plus, but I can live with the Magni out of my AVR's headphone-out if it ends up sounding better (and my wallet would be happier anyway).
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:35pm
Nice review ruleof72, and that was your impressions without the magni amp huh? And thanx to those who replied to my previous question. It seems like every headphone I'm looking at has one flaw that makes it a dealbreaker for me, lol. The HE-400's drop in the upper mids, the HD650's lack of bass extention, and the Mad Dog's being a closed back headphone (probably the less serious flaw out of the three).
Holy crap...I was one of the skeptical one of how well these perform.
I'm currently listening to them while typing and they sound real good. I'm not going to comment too much as I just got to listening to them for only ten minutes, but they are sooo smooth and effortless. I'm listening to acoustic jazz right now. The earpads to me are softer than what they look on the picture, they look thick, but once you put them on decompress like a pillow. When holding them in your hand they look nice, but they look funny on the head
Thanks MattTCG for the recommendation
Edited by soundeffect - 3/9/13 at 8:17pm
So right now I know I'm not bringing out it's full potential, but I'm curious what changes do I get from getting a better amp like the magni. I'm currently using the E7 with them. and also how much of an improvement will I see?
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 + Open Headphone Under $500 1 second ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 10 seconds ago
- › Looking for an upgrade from HD555 26 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 38 seconds ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 48 seconds ago
- › akg k612 with vintage system 52 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 53 seconds ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3