Yeah, I'm finding that many music-lovers are also beer lovers, which makes perfect sense. To me, there's nothing quite like enjoying some good music while sipping on a quality brewed beer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 275
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a good plan. Never look back...or forward. I you're enjoying what you'd got then that's what it's all about really. I've had some pretty inexpensive setups that I've enjoyed tremendously.
SQ-aside, it's also probably the most capable as far as core functionality (amplification), lower output impedance than the E9 so it'll play nicer with lower impedance headphones; and more power than any of the others if you've got harder to drive headphones.
Least versatile as far as extra functionality tho, no extra outputs like the E09K or docking functionality for an extra DAC... He doesn't need any of that to run it off his sound card tho.
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:13pm
lol Nice writeup!
I think I may end up with a Leckerton portable amp + a Magni when I order my MD... I don't need both but I'd like to test the former against something that's known to drive the MD well. I'm not sure if even my STX is up to the task, but it'd be hard to compare against it in the living room anyway.
The Lecker would be be a lot more versatile and the optical hookup to the DVR would be a plus, but I can live with the Magni out of my AVR's headphone-out if it ends up sounding better (and my wallet would be happier anyway).
Edited by Impulse - 3/9/13 at 7:35pm
Nice review ruleof72, and that was your impressions without the magni amp huh? And thanx to those who replied to my previous question. It seems like every headphone I'm looking at has one flaw that makes it a dealbreaker for me, lol. The HE-400's drop in the upper mids, the HD650's lack of bass extention, and the Mad Dog's being a closed back headphone (probably the less serious flaw out of the three).
Holy crap...I was one of the skeptical one of how well these perform.
I'm currently listening to them while typing and they sound real good. I'm not going to comment too much as I just got to listening to them for only ten minutes, but they are sooo smooth and effortless. I'm listening to acoustic jazz right now. The earpads to me are softer than what they look on the picture, they look thick, but once you put them on decompress like a pillow. When holding them in your hand they look nice, but they look funny on the head
Thanks MattTCG for the recommendation
Edited by soundeffect - 3/9/13 at 8:17pm
So right now I know I'm not bringing out it's full potential, but I'm curious what changes do I get from getting a better amp like the magni. I'm currently using the E7 with them. and also how much of an improvement will I see?
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IEM battle: Etymotic ER-4PT or Logitech UE 900 or HIFIMAN RE-600 vs... 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 3 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)