it's quite amazing it competes with some mid fi open headphones I have tried for soundstage. Blows the dt770 k550 and denon d2000 for soundstage i think.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 267post #3991 of 64133/6/13 at 3:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3992 of 64133/6/13 at 3:12pmpost #3993 of 64133/6/13 at 3:14pmpost #3994 of 64133/6/13 at 3:22pmpost #3995 of 64133/6/13 at 3:24pmpost #3996 of 64133/6/13 at 3:28pmpost #3997 of 64133/6/13 at 3:31pmpost #3998 of 64133/6/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Quote:
No kidding, isn't the K701 about as airy as it gets at this price range? (abnormally open sounding AT's aside...) The D2000 are pretty well regarded in that aspect too aren't they, didn't realize the MD's were quite up there.
In addition to the standard/longer Fostex cable right?
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3999 of 64133/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #4000 of 64133/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #4001 of 64133/6/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Yeah, he was alluding to the ESW9, which don't, those are on ears.Quote:
Other way around, the v-moda cable's the shorter one.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:38pmpost #4002 of 64133/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #4003 of 64133/6/13 at 3:46pmpost #4004 of 64133/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #4005 of 64133/6/13 at 3:53pmMy bad, thought for a minute you were talking about cable lengths... Guess you're asking about both. The V-Moda cable is shorter and terminates in a 3.5mm / 1/8" plug. I believe the longer stock cable is 1/4" terminated...
You could use a $2 adapter to convert either cable tho, if you think that's gonna hamper the sound then you probably wouldn't be happy with either cable anyway. It's removable and a standard 3.5mm plug on the cup tho, you could use whatever you want...
The recessed jack just works better with cables that end in a small 90/45 degree plug.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:56pm
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2368 Active Users (381 Members and 1987 Guests)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Need help buying <£100 over-ears suitable for metal and electronic 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE535 or InEar Stagediver SD-3 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi