it's quite amazing it competes with some mid fi open headphones I have tried for soundstage. Blows the dt770 k550 and denon d2000 for soundstage i think.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 267post #3991 of 64133/6/13 at 3:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3992 of 64133/6/13 at 3:12pmpost #3993 of 64133/6/13 at 3:14pmpost #3994 of 64133/6/13 at 3:22pmpost #3995 of 64133/6/13 at 3:24pmpost #3996 of 64133/6/13 at 3:28pmpost #3997 of 64133/6/13 at 3:31pmpost #3998 of 64133/6/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Quote:
No kidding, isn't the K701 about as airy as it gets at this price range? (abnormally open sounding AT's aside...) The D2000 are pretty well regarded in that aspect too aren't they, didn't realize the MD's were quite up there.
In addition to the standard/longer Fostex cable right?
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3999 of 64133/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #4000 of 64133/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #4001 of 64133/6/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Yeah, he was alluding to the ESW9, which don't, those are on ears.Quote:
Other way around, the v-moda cable's the shorter one.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:38pmpost #4002 of 64133/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #4003 of 64133/6/13 at 3:46pmpost #4004 of 64133/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #4005 of 64133/6/13 at 3:53pmMy bad, thought for a minute you were talking about cable lengths... Guess you're asking about both. The V-Moda cable is shorter and terminates in a 3.5mm / 1/8" plug. I believe the longer stock cable is 1/4" terminated...
You could use a $2 adapter to convert either cable tho, if you think that's gonna hamper the sound then you probably wouldn't be happy with either cable anyway. It's removable and a standard 3.5mm plug on the cup tho, you could use whatever you want...
The recessed jack just works better with cables that end in a small 90/45 degree plug.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:56pm
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3125 Active Users (622 Members and 2503 Guests)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 23 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 25 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 49 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 50 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-900 - Dunu's Dual Hybrid IEM - Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi