What do you mean circumaural....do the mad dogs not also take the full ear within the space of the earcup?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 266post #3976 of 63883/6/13 at 3:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 63883/6/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Quote:
No kidding, isn't the K701 about as airy as it gets at this price range? (abnormally open sounding AT's aside...) The D2000 are pretty well regarded in that aspect too aren't they, didn't realize the MD's were quite up there.
In addition to the standard/longer Fostex cable right?
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3978 of 63883/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #3979 of 63883/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #3980 of 63883/6/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Yeah, he was alluding to the ESW9, which don't, those are on ears.Quote:
Other way around, the v-moda cable's the shorter one.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:38pmpost #3981 of 63883/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #3982 of 63883/6/13 at 3:46pmpost #3983 of 63883/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3984 of 63883/6/13 at 3:53pmMy bad, thought for a minute you were talking about cable lengths... Guess you're asking about both. The V-Moda cable is shorter and terminates in a 3.5mm / 1/8" plug. I believe the longer stock cable is 1/4" terminated...
You could use a $2 adapter to convert either cable tho, if you think that's gonna hamper the sound then you probably wouldn't be happy with either cable anyway. It's removable and a standard 3.5mm plug on the cup tho, you could use whatever you want...
The recessed jack just works better with cables that end in a small 90/45 degree plug.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:56pmpost #3985 of 63883/6/13 at 4:09pm
I saw hifiguy's youtube video interview with you, Dan - those alpha pads look so amazingly comfortable! My plan is to hold off on headphone purchases until I'm out of debt and can save for a Stax rig, but I'm really drawn to the Mad Dogs and the MA900. Hmm....post #3986 of 63883/6/13 at 4:18pmpost #3987 of 63883/6/13 at 5:26pmpost #3988 of 63883/6/13 at 5:59pmpost #3989 of 63883/6/13 at 6:08pm
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 42 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations in spending money! LOL Looking for high quality... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 5 minutes ago
- › Help Finding Quality Audio Matrix 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)