What do you mean circumaural....do the mad dogs not also take the full ear within the space of the earcup?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 266post #3976 of 63883/6/13 at 3:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 63883/6/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Quote:
No kidding, isn't the K701 about as airy as it gets at this price range? (abnormally open sounding AT's aside...) The D2000 are pretty well regarded in that aspect too aren't they, didn't realize the MD's were quite up there.
In addition to the standard/longer Fostex cable right?
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3978 of 63883/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #3979 of 63883/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #3980 of 63883/6/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Yeah, he was alluding to the ESW9, which don't, those are on ears.Quote:
Other way around, the v-moda cable's the shorter one.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:38pmpost #3981 of 63883/6/13 at 3:37pmpost #3982 of 63883/6/13 at 3:46pmpost #3983 of 63883/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3984 of 63883/6/13 at 3:53pmMy bad, thought for a minute you were talking about cable lengths... Guess you're asking about both. The V-Moda cable is shorter and terminates in a 3.5mm / 1/8" plug. I believe the longer stock cable is 1/4" terminated...
You could use a $2 adapter to convert either cable tho, if you think that's gonna hamper the sound then you probably wouldn't be happy with either cable anyway. It's removable and a standard 3.5mm plug on the cup tho, you could use whatever you want...
The recessed jack just works better with cables that end in a small 90/45 degree plug.
Edited by Impulse - 3/6/13 at 3:56pmpost #3985 of 63883/6/13 at 4:09pm
I saw hifiguy's youtube video interview with you, Dan - those alpha pads look so amazingly comfortable! My plan is to hold off on headphone purchases until I'm out of debt and can save for a Stax rig, but I'm really drawn to the Mad Dogs and the MA900. Hmm....post #3986 of 63883/6/13 at 4:18pmpost #3987 of 63883/6/13 at 5:26pmpost #3988 of 63883/6/13 at 5:59pmpost #3989 of 63883/6/13 at 6:08pm
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 43 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Looking to Upgrade from CAL!s (~$300) 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Buying tonight $300 Ultrasone Pro900 vs Denon D600 vs V-Moda M-100... 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 4 minutes ago
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude