+1 ..... and for the price, it better be. With proper amping there's no choice. Unless it's gotta be closed. Then the MDs are number 1 in my book.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 264post #3946 of 63883/5/13 at 4:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3947 of 63883/5/13 at 7:50am
How is the Ibasso d6 for these headphones? im looking at geting a d6 and asap as i can the opamp kit from hiflight on these boards but i wont be able to purchase the other op amps for at least a matter of weeks. and just for fun as a DIY project i may build an 02 amp. Is the d6 enough for these phones at their fullest?post #3948 of 63883/5/13 at 10:45ampost #3949 of 63883/5/13 at 10:54ampost #3950 of 63883/6/13 at 4:02ampost #3951 of 63883/6/13 at 8:10ampost #3952 of 63883/6/13 at 8:33ampost #3953 of 63883/6/13 at 8:49ampost #3954 of 63883/6/13 at 9:03ampost #3955 of 63883/6/13 at 9:22ampost #3956 of 63883/6/13 at 9:39ampost #3957 of 63883/6/13 at 10:16ampost #3958 of 63883/6/13 at 10:22amQuote:
If you mean a stand like this:
I have one on order (zebra!). I'll post it when it arrives, but hopefully someone already has one on hand that they can snap shot.post #3959 of 63883/6/13 at 10:25am
Just got mine in, upgrade from the oldest shure 840 version to the new and improved alpha pads. This is a night and day upgrade. The comfort is a huge improvement over the shure pads and I can honestly say that these are most comfortable headphone I have ever worn (note with the comfort strap), and I have never had such a good seal over my ears.
The sound is also improved by alot. I have to listen a bit more to say exactly what I hear, and maybe give them a comparison to the HE500.post #3960 of 63883/6/13 at 10:37am
Listening a bit to England Without Rain by Talk Less, Say More (you can get the full album in FLAC at Records on Ribs's site for free), and I've become even more impressed with the MD. They've become my default portable despite their bulk.
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 6 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 1 minute ago
- › Amarra 3.0 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The Pineapple Hate Club (TPHC)! 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)