When he gives you comfirmation that he has shipped them. I'm guessing you ordered them a couple of hours ago? He ran out of stock, first come first serve, he might ship yours out tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Technica AD900 - almost brand new Last post on 2/14/14 at 5:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 253
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Still it shouldn't b to long. With express shipping hopefully I'll get em Friday.
Now a few of the bass head can guys hate the mad dog for to little bass soo... It should b fairy linear bass. Lcd2 is a linear +5-6 on graphs... Still i do NOT want these to b over bassy like the cheapo dj 100... So i really hope i like em... If they r as balanced as they say :3, still though even with tubes my 880s can b a, little thin (mostly with vocal edm)...so cmon mad dogs XD prove ur worth lol
Using low gain. 100% volume on the computer (of course), to ODAC, to O2 low gain.
Even with jazz, with low volume on the recording, I never go over 2'o clock. Usually around 11'o clock.
I think they have great synergy with both HE-500 and Mad Dogs, everything sounds so clean and real.
I've asked about (budget) portable style amps with the Mad Dogs before, and I've heard mention from a few people that the mini3 and possibly the C&C BH made good pairings. Right now i'm between buying one of the two. If I go with the mini3 it will have to be a used one so the price will be near the BH.
Anyone that can add something to help my decision along.
(I already have a desktop setup, and I don't expect a portable rig, especially at the price I'm looking to even match it, just something that get its ~85% of the way there.)
You can make a strong comparison between these two hp's. With the Alpha Pads, the MD is now voiced a little closer to the he500 albeit the overall tone is still just a touch darker.
But like the he500, the MD is smooth and effortless across the spectrum never giving you "extra" than what the recording offers. These are not bass head cans because there is no bass added when the recording doesn't have it. But when the material has a hard bass line the MD will throw it down and with authority, accuracy and smile inducing punch.
Given the price difference, I'd pick the MD for sure. If the he500, were say only $300...I'd still pick the MD.
Unboxing videos are unlikely, as the packaging is literally a cardboard box with a sticker logo on it and the headphones/accessories packed soundly inside.
As for video reviews, I haven't seen any. There's plenty of text reviews out there that are great.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 8 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth over-the-ear headphones for PS3 and iPad/iPhone 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)