When he gives you comfirmation that he has shipped them. I'm guessing you ordered them a couple of hours ago? He ran out of stock, first come first serve, he might ship yours out tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 253post #3781 of 63882/27/13 at 8:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3782 of 63882/27/13 at 8:53pmpost #3783 of 63882/27/13 at 8:57pmpost #3784 of 63882/27/13 at 9:08pmpost #3785 of 63882/27/13 at 9:16pmCan't find it, but basically noted that the LCD2.2s were much brighter sounding IMHO, probably due to being open. Mad Dogs have more bass but LCD2.2s were godlike to me. Mad Dog wins in comfort, but both are fine once you get used to them...post #3786 of 63882/27/13 at 9:25pmpost #3787 of 63882/27/13 at 9:48pm
Still it shouldn't b to long. With express shipping hopefully I'll get em Friday.
Now a few of the bass head can guys hate the mad dog for to little bass soo... It should b fairy linear bass. Lcd2 is a linear +5-6 on graphs... Still i do NOT want these to b over bassy like the cheapo dj 100... So i really hope i like em... If they r as balanced as they say :3, still though even with tubes my 880s can b a, little thin (mostly with vocal edm)...so cmon mad dogs XD prove ur worth lolpost #3788 of 63882/27/13 at 9:53pmThere are plenty of us who disagree with his assessment and a few of us who outright prefer the Mad Dog to the LCD-2. Just remember that many people hear things differently, many have different preferences or concepts of neutral, there are widely differing levels of experience with music/gear, and many are listening on wildly different setups or to completely different music.post #3789 of 63882/27/13 at 10:15pmQuote:I may have to get the upgraded power supply, but right now I'm blown away at how good the HE-500 sound with the Magni!Originally Posted by BleaK
Using low gain. 100% volume on the computer (of course), to ODAC, to O2 low gain.
Even with jazz, with low volume on the recording, I never go over 2'o clock. Usually around 11'o clock.
I think they have great synergy with both HE-500 and Mad Dogs, everything sounds so clean and real.post #3790 of 63882/27/13 at 10:26pmpost #3791 of 63882/27/13 at 10:29pmpost #3792 of 63882/27/13 at 10:52pm
I've asked about (budget) portable style amps with the Mad Dogs before, and I've heard mention from a few people that the mini3 and possibly the C&C BH made good pairings. Right now i'm between buying one of the two. If I go with the mini3 it will have to be a used one so the price will be near the BH.
Anyone that can add something to help my decision along.
(I already have a desktop setup, and I don't expect a portable rig, especially at the price I'm looking to even match it, just something that get its ~85% of the way there.)post #3793 of 63882/28/13 at 4:56am
You can make a strong comparison between these two hp's. With the Alpha Pads, the MD is now voiced a little closer to the he500 albeit the overall tone is still just a touch darker.
But like the he500, the MD is smooth and effortless across the spectrum never giving you "extra" than what the recording offers. These are not bass head cans because there is no bass added when the recording doesn't have it. But when the material has a hard bass line the MD will throw it down and with authority, accuracy and smile inducing punch.
Given the price difference, I'd pick the MD for sure. If the he500, were say only $300...I'd still pick the MD.post #3794 of 63882/28/13 at 6:43am
Unboxing videos are unlikely, as the packaging is literally a cardboard box with a sticker logo on it and the headphones/accessories packed soundly inside.
As for video reviews, I haven't seen any. There's plenty of text reviews out there that are great.
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Recommendation for toddlers headphones 1 second ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 39 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-900X and Fiio E11 Amp Make Offer! 3 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)