Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 249  

post #3721 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by teofilrocks View Post

Man, $300 towards the Mad Dogs? Or $300 towards an engagement ring.

 

*facepalm*

 

It should not be this difficult.


Ask her to make the decision for you. That should give you an answer lickety split!

post #3722 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

Oh second bummer, oh well.

 

The return policy is a great option, but again I would need to sell my HE400 to be able to put an order in for the mad dog, which would ultimately defeat the purpose of auditioning the mad dog to see which I prefer. I would feel terrible had I sold my HE400 for the MD but ended up preferring the HE400.

I'm likely going to have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Mad Dogs soon, so I will definitely be comparing them to my HE-400 eventually.  I think for HE-400 fans, it is sounding more and more like the best closed companion, so I would definitely report back with my opinion for others that may have the same questions regarding the two.

post #3723 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I'm worried they'll fall flat, but perhaps I'm underestimating Spider.

 

From what I've read, their PowerForce headphone is bassy but actually quite good (I'm getting this one also) so I have high hopes! ;-)

post #3724 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by teofilrocks View Post

Man, $300 towards the Mad Dogs? Or $300 towards an engagement ring.

 

*facepalm*

 

It should not be this difficult.


If you do go with the Mad Dogs then at least you'll have something to go along with the DOGHOUSE you could be in for years to come, possibly never forgotten wink_face.gif  Has to be said

 

Wait for a birthday present or something  maybe? Unless she says it's ok... even then it could be an unspoken test.

Here's a question . Does SHE have anything like the Mad Dogs?


Edited by nick n - 2/26/13 at 3:05pm
post #3725 of 6388

Is anyone concerned with long term reliability of ear pads adjustment mechanism?

There is copper sliding against plastic, nothing but friction, should get pretty loose over time, I guess.
 

post #3726 of 6388

Just ordered a pairbiggrin.gif

post #3727 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

If you do go with the Mad Dogs then at least you'll have something to go along with the DOGHOUSE you could be in for years to come, possibly never forgotten wink_face.gif  Has to be said

 

Wait for a birthday present or something  maybe? Unless she says it's ok... even then it could be an unspoken test.

Here's a question . Does SHE have anything like the Mad Dogs?

 

I should have seen the "doghouse" coming, haha. Doghouse indeed!

post #3728 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Just ordered a pairbiggrin.gif


Hey!  Awesome!  I know you've heard them, enjoy 'em, and let your dad take a listen.

post #3729 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

Is anyone concerned with long term reliability of ear pads adjustment mechanism?

There is copper sliding against plastic, nothing but friction, should get pretty loose over time, I guess.
 

 

I've never seen an issue.  However, there's a simple Phillips head screw to tighten.  I think the more likely cause of it getting looser will simply be the leather compacting a little.  Just turn the screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn clockwise to tighten.

post #3730 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

 

I've never seen an issue.  However, there's a simple Phillips head screw to tighten.  I think the more likely cause of it getting looser will simply be the leather compacting a little.  Just turn the screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn clockwise to tighten.


Thanks Dan, can you please be more specific on which screw controls the adjuster tension, is that the one that screws comfort strap to the headband.

post #3731 of 6388

Ok, honest question but with no offense to Mr Speakers: can the Mad Dogs be purchased without the new logos being applied to the cups? 


Edited by teofilrocks - 2/26/13 at 4:14pm
post #3732 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


Thanks Dan, can you please be more specific on which screw controls the adjuster tension, is that the one that screws comfort strap to the headband.

 

Silver philips head screw at the ends of the leather...

post #3733 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by teofilrocks View Post

Ok, honest question but with no offense to Mr Speakers: can the Mad Dogs be purchased without the new logos being applied to the cups? 

 

You can always remove the decals.  :-)

post #3734 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

You can always remove the decals.  :-)

 

Brilliant! Wasn't sure if they were simply vinyl film decals or something more permanent. Thanks!

post #3735 of 6388

Dan

 

Checked all the info I can for your latest Alpha headphones.....and the only item of concern seems to be for the quality of the original cable (although from your recent video I see you supply short 3.5 and long 6.3). Being in the non returnable UK, just wanted to know if you are able to upgrade the original Fostex cabling if requested? I'm not very techie, to would struggle to fix or replace myself. I'd pay of course....

 

Thanks...Phil UK

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review