Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 211  

post #3151 of 6388

Alpha pads on the way.  biggrin.gif

post #3152 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

 

 

The upgrade from the Dog Pads to the Alpha pads can be done by the end user.  For now it costs $45 for the pads.  You can't buy the new pads and just simply slap them onto a stock T50RP or the Shure 840 pad version of the Mad Dog.  The Dog Pad version of the Mad Dog has different internal dampening from the 840 pad Mad Dog, and it's wildly different from the stock T50RP.  When I upgrade my second pair, I will have to send them in to Dan for the upgrade, and it won't just cost me $45 for the pads (I had the Dog Pad version and 840 pad version and the DP version was upgraded to the Alpha pads in the beta group).  

 

So to reiterate the correction:  Someone with a stock T50RP or Shure 840 pad Mad Dog most definitely does not pay the same for the new Alpha Dog headphones.  Dog Pad owners pay $45 for the full upgrade to the Alpha Dog and don't even have to send their headphones in to Dan for the conversion.  840 Mad Dog owners pay $79.95 to upgrade to the Alpha Dog, and Stock T50RP owners will pay the $239.95 fee to upgrade a stock T50RP to the Alpha Dog (I'm fairly sure this is correct but the website still says Dog Pad for this option).

My mistake. I misinterpreted owners of Fostex T50RP "modded" headphones looking for a nice leather pad

post #3153 of 6388

From Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs... I wonder what the next name iteration will be. 

post #3154 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Hey Dan, you mentioned something about a month's backwards upgrade allowance for those who just missed the upgrade a few pages back. I got mine with Dog Pads at Christmas from a family member, so does that mean that I'm eligible for a free upgrade (assuming you meant backwards from the date of January 10th)? I believe they were purchased around December 12th.

 

 

The upgrade applies to purchases made for the last four weeks, that's January 10 forward...  But as noted, for the next two weeks I am discounting.  I've also created a SKU to allow for lower priced shipping overseas.

post #3155 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepper View Post

My mistake. I misinterpreted owners of Fostex T50RP "modded" headphones looking for a nice leather pad

 

In the past I didn't allow sales of Dog Pads to non Mad Dog owners.  There's no guarantee how they'll work on other mods.  But that said, my volume in production has gotten to the point where I can make the pads available to anyone who wants them, for whatever purpose.

 

Some users have tried the Dog Pad on HE-400 and reported good results.  I've never done so and never heard it, so I don't warranty fit or result, but as someone noted, pads are an easy way to modify many headphones, and if these pads can be used for other purposes besides my own headphones, that's great  Just be aware I don't take returns, there is no warranty, and there is no performance assurance.  

post #3156 of 6388

Somebody mentioned HM5/FA-003 pads at one point. I couldn't get mine to fit; do they really fit somehow?

post #3157 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

 

In the past I didn't allow sales of Dog Pads to non Mad Dog owners.  There's no guarantee how they'll work on other mods.  But that said, my volume in production has gotten to the point where I can make the pads available to anyone who wants them, for whatever purpose.

 

Some users have tried the Dog Pad on HE-400 and reported good results.  I've never done so and never heard it, so I don't warranty fit or result, but as someone noted, pads are an easy way to modify many headphones, and if these pads can be used for other purposes besides my own headphones, that's great  Just be aware I don't take returns, there is no warranty, and there is no performance assurance.  

Thanks for clearing that up!

post #3158 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

From Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs... I wonder what the next name iteration will be. 

Wolf pups? Lol.

post #3159 of 6388

^^ Don't laugh. My wolf moniker was shot down. frown.gif

post #3160 of 6388

Hello Dan,

 

I placed an order for Mad Dog w/ Dog Pads on January 25th. How can I go about to receive the free upgrade?

 

Thanks!

post #3161 of 6388

So after some payment fiascoes, my Alpha Pads are on the way! It's been iterated over and over, but still: it's been great working with Dan. He was a champ all through my account logistical problems.

post #3162 of 6388

All UPGRADES will be shipped automagically, nobody has to do anything.  And PLEASE don't ask where they are for 12 days or so, I'll bog down answering queries.  Everyone will have them within 12 days....  

 

L3000.gif

 

Most for the US ship tomorrow by First Class and 100% of International will go out tomorrow by Priority.  People will begin receiving them next week, and overseas (via Priority Mail) late next week.

post #3163 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post

So after some payment fiascoes, my Alpha Pads are on the way! It's been iterated over and over, but still: it's been great working with Dan. He was a champ all through my account logistical problems.

Did you get any tracking yet?

Edit: Looks like Dan answered my question 16 seconds before I posted it...

post #3164 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Wolf pups? Lol.

 

If he ever makes a smaller portable... 

post #3165 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

If he ever makes a smaller portable... 


I almost said IEM, but that seems overzealous.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review