Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 205  

post #3061 of 6388

Does anyone know exactly what it takes to order the alpha pads and replace the dog pads?  Do the dogpads pull off or are they glued?

post #3062 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

Does anyone know exactly what it takes to order the alpha pads and replace the dog pads?  Do the dogpads pull off or are they glued?

 

The Dog Pads pull off, you remove a piece of white foam tape (very simple and obvious once you have the Dog Pad removed).  Then you install the new pads.  Here's the instructions from Dan:

 

"Remove the Dog Pads.


Remove the white foam (5s)

 

Gently pull 1" segments of the mounting flap on the pad to loosen it a little, and attach with the fat-side of the pad to the back of the cup."

 

It's a fairly painless process and took me somewhere between 5-10 minutes.

post #3063 of 6388

Also part of the tester group. Very thankful to Dan. 

 

Better seal results in tighter bass, mids are fuller with more energy, highs are detailed but never harsh.

 

Overall the Alpha Pads open things up a good bit. They compete with some very good open headphones,

and once again at a fraction of the price.

 

Thanks to Matt, Dave, Aaron, Mike, Erik, Hans, and of course, Dan. It was fun sharing impressions and bouncing

feedback around, talking off topic and teasing one another.

 

I hope everyone who has the MD upgrade to the Alpha Pads, the comfort is worth it alone, which is mightily 

improved with the bigger, thicker pads.

post #3064 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

If I were in your position, knowing how the new MD, I would feel just the opposite. IMO it's a perfect time to take the plunge. These are now an even more compelling and addictive listen than they were before. 

Why do you hate my wallet?

post #3065 of 6388
Hi folks,

Actually, all people who ordered on or after January 10, 2013 get a free pad upgrade. Units that shipped this week already have them. The pads will go out by Monday.

When I have an update, I make all efforts to allow it to be backwards compatible, and if I can, I give the update to people who have purchased within four weeks.
post #3066 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Why do you hate my wallet?

 

Your wallet will hate me, your ears will love me!! tongue.gif

post #3067 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Hi folks,

Actually, all people who ordered on or after January 10, 2013 get a free pad upgrade. Units that shipped this week already have them. The pads will go out by Monday.

When I have an update, I make all efforts to allow it to be backwards compatible, and if I can, I give the update to people who have purchased within four weeks.

Need to circulate a demo pair around like Justin at HeadAmp is doing :]

post #3068 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailin View Post

Damn and I just ordered last week. /sigh Oh well better start saving for them.

 

Edit: Oh they are only 45.00 ok payday I will order them.

 


Thanks for the heads up.

 

Actually, I delayed shipping yours a few days so they could go out with the new pads.  They shipped yesterday.

 

beerchug.gif

post #3069 of 6388

What? I just received my Mad Dog with dog pads about a week ago and now there's an even better Alpha Pad? Damn, why didn't Dan inform me about this when we were exchanging PMs! angry_face.gif

post #3070 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

 

Actually, I delayed shipping yours a few days so they could go out with the new pads.  They shipped yesterday.

 

beerchug.gif


Dan your the best. TY !!!!!

post #3071 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Need to circulate a demo pair around like Justin at HeadAmp is doing :]

 

I think it's much better to have a 15 day return policy.  People don't have to "line up" for the demo unit(s), and there's no administration needed.  Not many come back.  

 

This allows people who are considering them seriously to purchase with confidence that should they not be a good match, for whatever reason, they can be easily returned for a refund, and there's no wait...

post #3072 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

 

I think it's much better to have a 15 day return policy.  People don't have to "line up" for the demo unit(s), and there's no administration needed.  Not many come back.  

 

This allows people who are considering them seriously to purchase with confidence that should they not be a good match, for whatever reason, they can be easily returned for a refund, and there's no wait...

Yeah I understand. Looks like I'm a few months away from trying these out!

post #3073 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryujen View Post

What? I just received my Mad Dog with dog pads about a week ago and now there's an even better Alpha Pad? Damn, why didn't Dan inform me about this when we were exchanging PMs! angry_face.gif

 

You and anyone who ordered on or after January 10 will be getting free pads.  Per my other note, it's how I roll.  They'll ship by Monday.  You might want to subscribe to my newsletter, as that is where I post information on new products, specials, upgrade policies, etc.  

 

Everyone needs to understand that companies are ALWAYS working on new products.  If I hint about it, people stop buying, and revenue goes away.  Worst case, no more company.  Further, until my testers confirmed that a) the upgrade was really easy and b) it made a real improvement, I wasn't even sure I would be releasing the product.  

 

For this reason, I do two things (that frankly I don't think many companies do);  I give complementary upgrades to anyone who has purchased within a month (a totally new phone would not qualify, but an upgrade usually will), and I also try to make the upgrades backwards-comatible so users can upgrade, not replace their phones.

 

I hope you enjoy them when you get them...  

 

beerchug.gif

 

That said, I do do two things that 

post #3074 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

 

You and anyone who ordered on or after January 10 will be getting free pads.  Per my other note, it's how I roll.  They'll ship by Monday.  You might want to subscribe to my newsletter, as that is where I post information on new products, specials, upgrade policies, etc.  

 

Everyone needs to understand that companies are ALWAYS working on new products.  If I hint about it, people stop buying, and revenue goes away.  Worst case, no more company.  Further, until my testers confirmed that a) the upgrade was really easy and b) it made a real improvement, I wasn't even sure I would be releasing the product.  

 

For this reason, I do two things (that frankly I don't think many companies do);  I give complementary upgrades to anyone who has purchased within a month (a totally new phone would not qualify, but an upgrade usually will), and I also try to make the upgrades backwards-comatible so users can upgrade, not replace their phones.

 

I hope you enjoy them when you get them...  

 

beerchug.gif

 

That said, I do do two things that 

 

Thanks for clarifying and it is indeed a huge relief and very kind of you Dan. By the way, I just logged into my Mrspeakers account and my newsletter status is "Subscribed" so if there was any news about the Alpha Pads, it must have missed my inbox.

 

Your business practices are certainly first class and so are your products. Your Mad Dog with Dog Pads already sound excellent and compliment my HD800 very well. I look forward to trying out your new Alpha Pads soon. Keep up the excellent work! atsmile.gif

post #3075 of 6388

Argh.  Did anyone get the newsletter, or is my mail server acting up?  

 

Ever since I upgraded my security on the site, I've been finding little glitches.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review