Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T40rp/T50rp ZMF and Mad Dog mods vs DT770 for gaming? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the Fostex HP-A3. I think the pairing is ideal, no more, no less.
So far, with a bit of EQ-ing (to match my preference), the Mad Dogs are the most balanced headphones I ever owned (or listened to). The list include the HE-400, HE-4 & HE-500 (in order of preference).
Excellent headphones, for sure!
Hey guys, running the mad dogs through my magni/e10, I've tried EQing the bass (just 0.5 db in 50-200hz) up a bit, but it results in some very jarring distortion; what might this result from?
This is the track I used. Very obvious staticky/clicky noises when I EQ.
Could just be clipping; always EQ down. So if you just want a slightly elevated midbass, instead of adding a hump, you pull down everything except 50-200Hz by 0.5dB.
Sorry if this has been asked. Is this headphone as heavy as the HE400? I just returned my HE400 because of the weight on the very top of my head.
I am about to press order on these if the weight is an issue then I will be back looking at the A900x. After hearing the HE400 though I really want an Ortho again.
Thanks so much guys! Ok ordered!
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vape-Fi 1 second ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › vacuum tube science 24 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 26 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › Introduction to HiFi world and still have to learn somethings :). I... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)