Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 200post #2986 of 63881/30/13 at 6:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 63881/30/13 at 8:08pmpost #2988 of 63881/31/13 at 2:13pmpost #2989 of 63881/31/13 at 10:41pmpost #2990 of 63882/1/13 at 4:39ampost #2991 of 63882/1/13 at 7:00pmpost #2992 of 63882/1/13 at 7:04pm
I have the Fostex HP-A3. I think the pairing is ideal, no more, no less.
So far, with a bit of EQ-ing (to match my preference), the Mad Dogs are the most balanced headphones I ever owned (or listened to). The list include the HE-400, HE-4 & HE-500 (in order of preference).
Excellent headphones, for sure!post #2993 of 63882/2/13 at 11:59pm
Hey guys, running the mad dogs through my magni/e10, I've tried EQing the bass (just 0.5 db in 50-200hz) up a bit, but it results in some very jarring distortion; what might this result from?
This is the track I used. Very obvious staticky/clicky noises when I EQ.post #2994 of 63882/3/13 at 12:02amQuote:
Could just be clipping; always EQ down. So if you just want a slightly elevated midbass, instead of adding a hump, you pull down everything except 50-200Hz by 0.5dB.post #2995 of 63882/3/13 at 12:43pm
Sorry if this has been asked. Is this headphone as heavy as the HE400? I just returned my HE400 because of the weight on the very top of my head.
I am about to press order on these if the weight is an issue then I will be back looking at the A900x. After hearing the HE400 though I really want an Ortho again.
Thanks.post #2996 of 63882/3/13 at 12:51pmpost #2997 of 63882/3/13 at 12:59pmIt's slightly lighter, but the comfort strap does just what it's intended to. There is basically no pressure on the top of the head to me. These are very comfortable headphones.post #2998 of 63882/3/13 at 1:03pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks so much guys! Ok ordered!post #2999 of 63882/3/13 at 1:16pmpost #3000 of 63882/3/13 at 1:34pm
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Best settings for perfect audio quality 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Cardas Clear upgrade cable for HD800 with Golden dual 3-pin XLR... 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ? 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude