Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Technica AD900 - almost brand new Last post on 2/14/14 at 5:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the Fostex HP-A3. I think the pairing is ideal, no more, no less.
So far, with a bit of EQ-ing (to match my preference), the Mad Dogs are the most balanced headphones I ever owned (or listened to). The list include the HE-400, HE-4 & HE-500 (in order of preference).
Excellent headphones, for sure!
Hey guys, running the mad dogs through my magni/e10, I've tried EQing the bass (just 0.5 db in 50-200hz) up a bit, but it results in some very jarring distortion; what might this result from?
This is the track I used. Very obvious staticky/clicky noises when I EQ.
Could just be clipping; always EQ down. So if you just want a slightly elevated midbass, instead of adding a hump, you pull down everything except 50-200Hz by 0.5dB.
Sorry if this has been asked. Is this headphone as heavy as the HE400? I just returned my HE400 because of the weight on the very top of my head.
I am about to press order on these if the weight is an issue then I will be back looking at the A900x. After hearing the HE400 though I really want an Ortho again.
Thanks so much guys! Ok ordered!
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 44 seconds ago
- › based on the specs, which one of these computer speakers is better 1 minute ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Survey - What’s your personality profile? Take our quiz! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 - Recabling Questions 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 7 minutes ago
- › Possible alternative choice to Audeze LCD 2 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 8 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)