Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the Fostex HP-A3. I think the pairing is ideal, no more, no less.
So far, with a bit of EQ-ing (to match my preference), the Mad Dogs are the most balanced headphones I ever owned (or listened to). The list include the HE-400, HE-4 & HE-500 (in order of preference).
Excellent headphones, for sure!
Hey guys, running the mad dogs through my magni/e10, I've tried EQing the bass (just 0.5 db in 50-200hz) up a bit, but it results in some very jarring distortion; what might this result from?
This is the track I used. Very obvious staticky/clicky noises when I EQ.
Could just be clipping; always EQ down. So if you just want a slightly elevated midbass, instead of adding a hump, you pull down everything except 50-200Hz by 0.5dB.
Sorry if this has been asked. Is this headphone as heavy as the HE400? I just returned my HE400 because of the weight on the very top of my head.
I am about to press order on these if the weight is an issue then I will be back looking at the A900x. After hearing the HE400 though I really want an Ortho again.
Thanks so much guys! Ok ordered!
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 42 seconds ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 12 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 14 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)