Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 186  

post #2776 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I have the 650's and don't find them that similar to MD's. Very different but very complementary IMO. 
Really? Hmm. Which do you prefer?
post #2777 of 6388

I prefer both. Just depends on my mood and what I want to listen to. I own them both for a reason. wink.gif

 

They are both wonderful hp's. All depends on what you're after. 

post #2778 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I prefer both. Just depends on my mood and what I want to listen to. I own them both for a reason. wink.gif


They are both wonderful hp's. All depends on what you're after. 
Could you explain The differences to me? Im contemplating selling my 600s because I don't really see how they are in any way better than the MDs.
post #2779 of 6388

hd650=has a slightly darker signature similar to the MD. Bass goes about as low as the MD but doesn't quite have the same visceral impact. Great treble and wonderful mids.

 

 

MD=wonderfully balanced, stellar near lcd2 mids, warmth on the bottom with dog pads, very natural sound and addictive, great isolation BUT...not as easy to amp

 

Hope this helps...

post #2780 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Well once the demo he-400 ships my way I'll be able to offer some opinions...

 

Please do, the more [opinions] the merrier

post #2781 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatter View Post

I listen to that music. I dj d&b. Mad dogs with stride is the last headphone combo you will ever purchase except mayb Pro 900 or 750's and those need to b moded.

Do you use EQ at all with the mad dogs?

post #2782 of 6388

Well I guess technically speaking my pioneer djm-600 mixer is EQing them, but that's really used more for mixing than EQing my headphones. Other than that no I'm not using an EQ.

post #2783 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

hd650=has a slightly darker signature similar to the MD. Bass goes about as low as the MD but doesn't quite have the same visceral impact. Great treble and wonderful mids.



 



 



MD=wonderfully balanced, stellar near lcd2 mids, warmth on the bottom with dog pads, very natural sound and addictive, great isolation BUT...not as easy to amp



 



Hope this helps...


Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
post #2784 of 6388

Anyone have experience with the Mad Dog's out of a Little Dot 1+ hybrid amp? and the O2 amp?

 

Please share...

post #2785 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

hd650=has a slightly darker signature similar to the MD. Bass goes about as low as the MD but doesn't quite have the same visceral impact. Great treble and wonderful mids.

 

 

MD=wonderfully balanced, stellar near lcd2 mids, warmth on the bottom with dog pads, very natural sound and addictive, great isolation BUT...not as easy to amp

 

Hope this helps...

Matt,

What amp are you using with the md's?

post #2786 of 6388

^^ For the desktop I'm using the lyr with some nice tubes and it's an incredible pairing. The MD seems to just love the tubes on the lyr. For the bedroom it's an e07k/ipod/lod. This is really the minimum that I found can run the MD and still get enjoyable dynamics and volume. The hardware EQ is helpful here also. 

post #2787 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

^^ For the desktop I'm using the lyr with some nice tubes and it's an incredible pairing. The MD seems to just love the tubes on the lyr. For the bedroom it's an e07k/ipod/lod. This is really the minimum that I found can run the MD and still get enjoyable dynamics and volume. The hardware EQ is helpful here also. 

Matt, do you think MD or LCD-2 or 650's sound good with the Lyr. tongue.gif

 

 

beerchug.gif

post #2788 of 6388

LYR with:

 

Maddogs 9.5/10...I have not heard better

 

hd 650......................

 

Oh wait a minute. I get it now. You're poking fun at me because I like the lyr with these hp's. I suppose that I deserve it. redface.gif

post #2789 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

LYR with:

 

Maddogs 9.5/10...I have not heard better

 

hd 650......................

 

Oh wait a minute. I get it now. You're poking fun at me because I like the lyr with these hp's. I suppose that I deserve it. redface.gif

Poke, poke. wink_face.gif Iamnothim and yourself are always touting the enjoyment you get with Lyr. Can't say I disagree, it's a fantasticly fun amp. ksc75smile.gif

post #2790 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee inthe Attic View Post

Anyone have experience with the Mad Dog's out of a Little Dot 1+ hybrid amp? and the O2 amp?

 

Please share...

 

I use mine with the ODAC+O2 from JDS Labs. No complaints...it works about as well as you'd expect it to.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review