- 1,326 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Portland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 181post #2701 of 63881/14/13 at 10:21amI love the build quality of these, especially coming from plasticy HD-580s. They feel so substantial, like tanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 63881/14/13 at 10:51amQuote:
Yea that's another great thing about these. I don't wanna say you can just throw them around but you don't have to take such caution with putting them down ya know what I meanpost #2703 of 63881/14/13 at 11:25ampost #2704 of 63881/14/13 at 12:54pmpost #2705 of 63881/14/13 at 5:58pmpost #2706 of 63881/14/13 at 6:02pmpost #2707 of 63881/14/13 at 6:14pmpost #2708 of 63881/14/13 at 6:14pmpost #2709 of 63881/14/13 at 8:00pm
A bit of my background. I have been listening to music for many years however I don’t have much experience with headphones. I got the Mad Dog about 10 days ago and I have been listening nonstop. :-) I have a chance to compare to Denon AH-D600.
My home stereo does not have any headphone output and I do not have a headphone amp. I am planning to use the headphones at work and while travelling so I bought Dragonfly.
Mad Dog pros: I really like the bass, the treble, and the balance overall. The vocals are fuller and more intimate.
Denon pros: Much more detailed and clear sound – I can clearly hear guitar body reverberations and not just the string sound, the same with violin music, I can hear the concert hall acoustic and presence. The dynamic range is a bit wider than Mad Dog’s – especially with symphony music. The Mad Dog seems a bit congested with symphony music – Denon makes every instrument to sound separate. The Denon definitely has a wider and cleaner soundstage.
I am not sure if the cons I have with Mad Dog are due to the Dragonfly. It’s clear that it is way easier to drive the Denon than the Mad Dog. I don’t mind buying a desktop amp for my office if this is an issue, however my 15 days of return period will expire in a couple days. I would appreciate your opinion.post #2710 of 63881/14/13 at 8:06pmpost #2711 of 63881/15/13 at 4:04ampost #2714 of 63881/16/13 at 9:47ampost #2715 of 63881/16/13 at 9:53am
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 59 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QC20 or Shure SE425 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Simple elecret mic pre-amp: What's causing my hum? 8 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob