- 1,325 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Portland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 181post #2701 of 64131/14/13 at 10:21amI love the build quality of these, especially coming from plasticy HD-580s. They feel so substantial, like tanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2702 of 64131/14/13 at 10:51amQuote:
Yea that's another great thing about these. I don't wanna say you can just throw them around but you don't have to take such caution with putting them down ya know what I meanpost #2703 of 64131/14/13 at 11:25ampost #2704 of 64131/14/13 at 12:54pmpost #2705 of 64131/14/13 at 5:58pmpost #2706 of 64131/14/13 at 6:02pmpost #2707 of 64131/14/13 at 6:14pmpost #2708 of 64131/14/13 at 6:14pmpost #2709 of 64131/14/13 at 8:00pm
A bit of my background. I have been listening to music for many years however I don’t have much experience with headphones. I got the Mad Dog about 10 days ago and I have been listening nonstop. :-) I have a chance to compare to Denon AH-D600.
My home stereo does not have any headphone output and I do not have a headphone amp. I am planning to use the headphones at work and while travelling so I bought Dragonfly.
Mad Dog pros: I really like the bass, the treble, and the balance overall. The vocals are fuller and more intimate.
Denon pros: Much more detailed and clear sound – I can clearly hear guitar body reverberations and not just the string sound, the same with violin music, I can hear the concert hall acoustic and presence. The dynamic range is a bit wider than Mad Dog’s – especially with symphony music. The Mad Dog seems a bit congested with symphony music – Denon makes every instrument to sound separate. The Denon definitely has a wider and cleaner soundstage.
I am not sure if the cons I have with Mad Dog are due to the Dragonfly. It’s clear that it is way easier to drive the Denon than the Mad Dog. I don’t mind buying a desktop amp for my office if this is an issue, however my 15 days of return period will expire in a couple days. I would appreciate your opinion.post #2710 of 64131/14/13 at 8:06pmpost #2711 of 64131/15/13 at 4:04ampost #2714 of 64131/16/13 at 9:47ampost #2715 of 64131/16/13 at 9:53am
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Centrance Dacport LX - Mint! 6 seconds ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 22 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013) 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me Decide On An Entry-Level Pair of Cans, Currently choosing... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers &... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe