- 1,332 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Portland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 181
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yea that's another great thing about these. I don't wanna say you can just throw them around but you don't have to take such caution with putting them down ya know what I mean
A bit of my background. I have been listening to music for many years however I don’t have much experience with headphones. I got the Mad Dog about 10 days ago and I have been listening nonstop. :-) I have a chance to compare to Denon AH-D600.
My home stereo does not have any headphone output and I do not have a headphone amp. I am planning to use the headphones at work and while travelling so I bought Dragonfly.
Mad Dog pros: I really like the bass, the treble, and the balance overall. The vocals are fuller and more intimate.
Denon pros: Much more detailed and clear sound – I can clearly hear guitar body reverberations and not just the string sound, the same with violin music, I can hear the concert hall acoustic and presence. The dynamic range is a bit wider than Mad Dog’s – especially with symphony music. The Mad Dog seems a bit congested with symphony music – Denon makes every instrument to sound separate. The Denon definitely has a wider and cleaner soundstage.
I am not sure if the cons I have with Mad Dog are due to the Dragonfly. It’s clear that it is way easier to drive the Denon than the Mad Dog. I don’t mind buying a desktop amp for my office if this is an issue, however my 15 days of return period will expire in a couple days. I would appreciate your opinion.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Torn on whether to get an AMP, DAC or soundcard 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2