I used to think I had a big head... but you guys are making me feel better about myself
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T40rp/T50rp ZMF and Mad Dog mods vs DT770 for gaming? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 169
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My Mad Dogs have arrived safe and healthy!
OK, I said I wanted a "step up" from the Audio-Technica ATH-A900 gamer headphones. Instead of an expected 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter, I get an entirely separate cable? Nice. Welcome to the neighborhood.
The modi/magni combo is expected tomorrow, so I'm stuck listening to my Sound Blaster card direct output. My first impressions are that the MDs are much too limited by the Sound Blaster. I'll consider it a break-in period until I get the rest of the equipment up and running. I'll also have to switch to USB audio. (I'll hop into the computer audio forum for that part, I run Win 7 and Linux.)
The sound isolation is excellent. It's audibly better than my gamer headphones, which I thought were pretty good to begin with.
Yes, just PM with the name used on the order or the order number/date if you don't get it today (I can't tell who this is by the screen name). All orders have been shipped. An order placed on the 30th probably went out Wed or Thursday, so I'd expect you will get it today or tomorrow.
Ok I just got them a few hours ago. I rushed to my computer and hooked it up to my amp. I put them on and listened for a few hours. Now, I have this grin stuck on my face. It will not go away. My roommate thinks it's some kind of sickness. Is this a side-effect or is this normal?
my brother's E9 + E17. I have an E10 and a CmoyBB 2.03 with an AD8066, but haven't tested it on my setup though.
All I have to say is that the bass quantity is perfect. It's not exaggerated, and it's not weak. The quality of the bass is superb. Sorry, I'm not too analytical on music. I'm playing some EDM 320kbps
EDIT: I'll keep you guys posted. I'll tell you guys how it sounds on my setup after I hook it up, though as I said I'm not too analytical on music. Apologies again.
Edited by gmoney9438 - 1/4/13 at 4:14pm
The e09k did pretty well for me. I'm now on the lyr and I have to say that the MD scales well with better amps.
Glad that you seem to be enjoying it so much. It's really a superb headphone. Very well balanced with a touch of warmth with the dog pads.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Urbanite XL Impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DAC Amp HA200 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 9 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 9 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3