I used to think I had a big head... but you guys are making me feel better about myself
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 169post #2521 of 61971/3/13 at 10:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 61971/4/13 at 9:16ampost #2523 of 61971/4/13 at 10:06amQuote:
I'm pretty sure you have a big head... Bigger is better though, right?post #2524 of 61971/4/13 at 10:44amQuote:
It's not the size of the head that counts, it's what you do with it.
Sorry had to lol.post #2525 of 61971/4/13 at 11:30ampost #2526 of 61971/4/13 at 11:57am
My Mad Dogs have arrived safe and healthy!
OK, I said I wanted a "step up" from the Audio-Technica ATH-A900 gamer headphones. Instead of an expected 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter, I get an entirely separate cable? Nice. Welcome to the neighborhood.
The modi/magni combo is expected tomorrow, so I'm stuck listening to my Sound Blaster card direct output. My first impressions are that the MDs are much too limited by the Sound Blaster. I'll consider it a break-in period until I get the rest of the equipment up and running. I'll also have to switch to USB audio. (I'll hop into the computer audio forum for that part, I run Win 7 and Linux.)
The sound isolation is excellent. It's audibly better than my gamer headphones, which I thought were pretty good to begin with.post #2527 of 61971/4/13 at 12:29pmpost #2528 of 61971/4/13 at 12:37pmpost #2529 of 61971/4/13 at 12:41pmQuote:
Yes, just PM with the name used on the order or the order number/date if you don't get it today (I can't tell who this is by the screen name). All orders have been shipped. An order placed on the 30th probably went out Wed or Thursday, so I'd expect you will get it today or tomorrow.post #2530 of 61971/4/13 at 3:31pm
Ok I just got them a few hours ago. I rushed to my computer and hooked it up to my amp. I put them on and listened for a few hours. Now, I have this grin stuck on my face. It will not go away. My roommate thinks it's some kind of sickness. Is this a side-effect or is this normal?post #2531 of 61971/4/13 at 4:01pmpost #2532 of 61971/4/13 at 4:10pm
my brother's E9 + E17. I have an E10 and a CmoyBB 2.03 with an AD8066, but haven't tested it on my setup though.
All I have to say is that the bass quantity is perfect. It's not exaggerated, and it's not weak. The quality of the bass is superb. Sorry, I'm not too analytical on music. I'm playing some EDM 320kbps
EDIT: I'll keep you guys posted. I'll tell you guys how it sounds on my setup after I hook it up, though as I said I'm not too analytical on music. Apologies again.
Edited by gmoney9438 - 1/4/13 at 4:14pmpost #2533 of 61971/4/13 at 4:19pm
The e09k did pretty well for me. I'm now on the lyr and I have to say that the MD scales well with better amps.
Glad that you seem to be enjoying it so much. It's really a superb headphone. Very well balanced with a touch of warmth with the dog pads.post #2534 of 61971/4/13 at 4:24pmpost #2535 of 61971/4/13 at 4:27pm
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Htc One 20 seconds ago
- › VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i (2 months old) 40 seconds ago
- › Best Headphones under $400 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Any Meets coming up in SAN Diego? 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Dogs vs Soundmagic HP100 3 minutes ago
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 3 minutes ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe