I used to think I had a big head... but you guys are making me feel better about myself
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Everything sounds great, extremely clean and extremely detailed on the HD 650. Fantastic clean sound, fantastic resolution, fantastic tone, warm, extremely well balanced, great bass (not...
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 169
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My Mad Dogs have arrived safe and healthy!
OK, I said I wanted a "step up" from the Audio-Technica ATH-A900 gamer headphones. Instead of an expected 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter, I get an entirely separate cable? Nice. Welcome to the neighborhood.
The modi/magni combo is expected tomorrow, so I'm stuck listening to my Sound Blaster card direct output. My first impressions are that the MDs are much too limited by the Sound Blaster. I'll consider it a break-in period until I get the rest of the equipment up and running. I'll also have to switch to USB audio. (I'll hop into the computer audio forum for that part, I run Win 7 and Linux.)
The sound isolation is excellent. It's audibly better than my gamer headphones, which I thought were pretty good to begin with.
Yes, just PM with the name used on the order or the order number/date if you don't get it today (I can't tell who this is by the screen name). All orders have been shipped. An order placed on the 30th probably went out Wed or Thursday, so I'd expect you will get it today or tomorrow.
Ok I just got them a few hours ago. I rushed to my computer and hooked it up to my amp. I put them on and listened for a few hours. Now, I have this grin stuck on my face. It will not go away. My roommate thinks it's some kind of sickness. Is this a side-effect or is this normal?
my brother's E9 + E17. I have an E10 and a CmoyBB 2.03 with an AD8066, but haven't tested it on my setup though.
All I have to say is that the bass quantity is perfect. It's not exaggerated, and it's not weak. The quality of the bass is superb. Sorry, I'm not too analytical on music. I'm playing some EDM 320kbps
EDIT: I'll keep you guys posted. I'll tell you guys how it sounds on my setup after I hook it up, though as I said I'm not too analytical on music. Apologies again.
Edited by gmoney9438 - 1/4/13 at 4:14pm
The e09k did pretty well for me. I'm now on the lyr and I have to say that the MD scales well with better amps.
Glad that you seem to be enjoying it so much. It's really a superb headphone. Very well balanced with a touch of warmth with the dog pads.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Petrosmalk
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2