Dan has done a very nice job with the dogs pads. They are very comfortable and the result of the bass is impressive.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 130post #1936 of 638811/27/12 at 2:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 638811/27/12 at 3:32pmpost #1938 of 638811/27/12 at 3:42pmpost #1939 of 638811/27/12 at 4:26pmpost #1940 of 638811/27/12 at 6:07pmpost #1941 of 638811/27/12 at 6:09pmpost #1942 of 638811/27/12 at 6:30pmpost #1943 of 638811/27/12 at 6:37pmQuote:
How do you think the mad dog stands with the lcd2?post #1944 of 638811/27/12 at 6:46pmpost #1945 of 638811/27/12 at 7:20pm
^^this is pretty much it. The dazzle for the dollar is just off the charts with the MD's. (hey, that phrase is mine...just coined it). The real kicker is the comfort though. I don't think that the MD gets enough credit in this department once you've added the comfort strap. It just floats on your head. There are no pressure points. I can wear them for hours and still be enjoying the music. And while the lcd2 has an impressive sound signature, it's doesn't have the comfort factor I'm looking for.post #1946 of 638811/27/12 at 7:56pmpost #1947 of 638811/27/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
... I don't think that the MD gets enough credit in this department once you've added the comfort strap. It just floats on your head. There are no pressure points. I can wear them for hours and still be enjoying the music. And while the lcd2 has an impressive sound signature, it's doesn't have the comfort factor I'm looking for.
To be honest, I wouldn't be interested in the Mad Dog if not for the comfort. Yes, to me the sound impression came afterwards.post #1948 of 638811/27/12 at 8:42pmI've been running my MD's off of my modded tube amp for the past few days now and holy cow do these things sound excellent! And the only way I can connect the iPad to the amp is via the iPad's headphone output. Even though, the background is dead silent, bass is even deeper and more controlled, the midrange and vocals are scarie real sounding, the treble is silky smooth and extended, sound stage is huge (considering the closed design), and these cans are just an absolute blast to listen to for hours on end.
The only issue I'm running into is that the amp starts to lightly clip before things get really loud. Granted, this is only with very strong, bass heavy music. This is probably a good thing as it keeps me from really cranking the tunes and saving my ears. But the sound of this amp with the Mad Dogs is simply amazing. I used this amp when I was still running the HD600/650's, SR325is and K701's, and none of them sounded as good as these cans.
Put on some Rebecca Pidgeon, Diana Krall, Ana Caram, and it's like they "krall" right up into your head and start singing. Even male vocals like Harry Connick Jr, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn all do the same. Quite stunning performance!post #1949 of 638811/27/12 at 8:51pm
So Mad dogs are comfortable, but somewhat weak by portable standards? How well does it drive with portable amps (namely PA2v2 and digizoid zo2)? Sorry if this has been addressed I just can't scroll through the 100+ posts tonight.
edit* found the post on portable amps.
Edited by kwonberry - 11/27/12 at 8:57pmpost #1950 of 638811/27/12 at 9:01pmQuote:
The Mad Dig is not a portable headphone since the T50RP was designed for studio use. Portable amps can drive the MD. Even my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip can. Yet amping is highly suggested.
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 32 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 38 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 41 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 43 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › Any alternative for the Sony xb500\700? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FS: (PRICE DROP) Schiit Lyr w/ stock tubes and 1960's Tesla ECC88... 3 minutes ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob