Dan has done a very nice job with the dogs pads. They are very comfortable and the result of the bass is impressive.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 130
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do you think the mad dog stands with the lcd2?
^^this is pretty much it. The dazzle for the dollar is just off the charts with the MD's. (hey, that phrase is mine...just coined it). The real kicker is the comfort though. I don't think that the MD gets enough credit in this department once you've added the comfort strap. It just floats on your head. There are no pressure points. I can wear them for hours and still be enjoying the music. And while the lcd2 has an impressive sound signature, it's doesn't have the comfort factor I'm looking for.
... I don't think that the MD gets enough credit in this department once you've added the comfort strap. It just floats on your head. There are no pressure points. I can wear them for hours and still be enjoying the music. And while the lcd2 has an impressive sound signature, it's doesn't have the comfort factor I'm looking for.
To be honest, I wouldn't be interested in the Mad Dog if not for the comfort. Yes, to me the sound impression came afterwards.
The only issue I'm running into is that the amp starts to lightly clip before things get really loud. Granted, this is only with very strong, bass heavy music. This is probably a good thing as it keeps me from really cranking the tunes and saving my ears. But the sound of this amp with the Mad Dogs is simply amazing. I used this amp when I was still running the HD600/650's, SR325is and K701's, and none of them sounded as good as these cans.
Put on some Rebecca Pidgeon, Diana Krall, Ana Caram, and it's like they "krall" right up into your head and start singing. Even male vocals like Harry Connick Jr, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn all do the same. Quite stunning performance!
So Mad dogs are comfortable, but somewhat weak by portable standards? How well does it drive with portable amps (namely PA2v2 and digizoid zo2)? Sorry if this has been addressed I just can't scroll through the 100+ posts tonight.
edit* found the post on portable amps.
Edited by kwonberry - 11/27/12 at 8:57pm
The Mad Dig is not a portable headphone since the T50RP was designed for studio use. Portable amps can drive the MD. Even my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip can. Yet amping is highly suggested.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 8 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3