Dan has done a very nice job with the dogs pads. They are very comfortable and the result of the bass is impressive.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T40rp/T50rp ZMF and Mad Dog mods vs DT770 for gaming? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 130
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do you think the mad dog stands with the lcd2?
^^this is pretty much it. The dazzle for the dollar is just off the charts with the MD's. (hey, that phrase is mine...just coined it). The real kicker is the comfort though. I don't think that the MD gets enough credit in this department once you've added the comfort strap. It just floats on your head. There are no pressure points. I can wear them for hours and still be enjoying the music. And while the lcd2 has an impressive sound signature, it's doesn't have the comfort factor I'm looking for.
... I don't think that the MD gets enough credit in this department once you've added the comfort strap. It just floats on your head. There are no pressure points. I can wear them for hours and still be enjoying the music. And while the lcd2 has an impressive sound signature, it's doesn't have the comfort factor I'm looking for.
To be honest, I wouldn't be interested in the Mad Dog if not for the comfort. Yes, to me the sound impression came afterwards.
The only issue I'm running into is that the amp starts to lightly clip before things get really loud. Granted, this is only with very strong, bass heavy music. This is probably a good thing as it keeps me from really cranking the tunes and saving my ears. But the sound of this amp with the Mad Dogs is simply amazing. I used this amp when I was still running the HD600/650's, SR325is and K701's, and none of them sounded as good as these cans.
Put on some Rebecca Pidgeon, Diana Krall, Ana Caram, and it's like they "krall" right up into your head and start singing. Even male vocals like Harry Connick Jr, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn all do the same. Quite stunning performance!
So Mad dogs are comfortable, but somewhat weak by portable standards? How well does it drive with portable amps (namely PA2v2 and digizoid zo2)? Sorry if this has been addressed I just can't scroll through the 100+ posts tonight.
edit* found the post on portable amps.
Edited by kwonberry - 11/27/12 at 8:57pm
The Mad Dig is not a portable headphone since the T50RP was designed for studio use. Portable amps can drive the MD. Even my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip can. Yet amping is highly suggested.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 35 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 54 seconds ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › QC25 without NC engaged + Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Qobuz lowers streaming prices 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)