Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 126  

post #1876 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshot View Post

I see... T1, SR125, ER4... all rather "treble-heavy" lol.
I'll keep at the mad dogs for now, hopefully I'll warm up to them even more.

Agreed as well. I've owned the SR125 and the ER4P/S. I did not keep them because for me, the treble was just too pronounced. The Mad dogs w/ dog pads suit my preferred sound sig well. You may or may not warm up to them, but give them a chance. They are a really nice headphone.
post #1877 of 6388

How are the Mad Dogs for gaming? Thinking about the soundstage and imaging more specifically.

 

Also about the leather Dog Pads, are they worth the extra cash? Is there a big difference?

post #1878 of 6388
Does anyone own both a Paradox and Mad Dog by chance? Or at least listened to both extensively in a back-to-back situation (preferably over a few hours at least)? I'm interested in hearing other comparisons before I write up some of my own.
post #1879 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post

Does anyone own both a Paradox and Mad Dog by chance? Or at least listened to both extensively in a back-to-back situation (preferably over a few hours at least)? I'm interested in hearing other comparisons before I write up some of my own.

Preproman wrote this up recently, it is the only detailed comparison I have seen.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633956/the-t50rp-paradox-reviews-discussion-mini-tour-impressions/120#post_8862267
post #1880 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post

Does anyone own both a Paradox and Mad Dog by chance? Or at least listened to both extensively in a back-to-back situation (preferably over a few hours at least)? I'm interested in hearing other comparisons before I write up some of my own.

So you have both? Waiting for your write up smily_headphones1.gif
post #1881 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Preproman wrote this up recently, it is the only detailed comparison I have seen.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633956/the-t50rp-paradox-reviews-discussion-mini-tour-impressions/120#post_8862267

Ah, yes. I'd seen that before. Thanks for bringing that back to my attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

So you have both? Waiting for your write up smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, I've had my Paradox since the spring and have wanted to compare it with the Mad Dogs for a long while. I finally purchased a pair when I could get a good deal on them.

I've already made some interesting observations that I think will surprise people a bit.
post #1882 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post

Yup, I've had my Paradox since the spring and have wanted to compare it with the Mad Dogs for a long while. I finally purchased a pair when I could get a good deal on them.
I've already made some interesting observations that I think will surprise people a bit.

 

Any idea when you are going to write your impressions?

I'm very interested on them too.

post #1883 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelsas View Post

Any idea when you are going to write your impressions?
I'm very interested on them too.

Probably in a few days or so.
post #1884 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post

Probably in a few days or so.


I'm waiting smily_headphones1.gif
post #1885 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post


I'm waiting smily_headphones1.gif

 

Just go ahead and make the purchase.  All that matters is how the headphones sound to you with your ears, and your music.  If there's a reason that the headphones don't work out for you, you can talk to Dan regarding his policies.  Or, you could easily sell them on the forum here quite quickly.

post #1886 of 6388

sorry for asking this because i'm sure its covered (probably numerous times) in this thread but...

 

how do the mad dogs performing without amp'ing? say off an iphone?

post #1887 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpking View Post

sorry for asking this because i'm sure its covered (probably numerous times) in this thread but...
 
how do the mad dogs performing without amp'ing? say off an iphone?

You don't have to go too far back to read about unamped.
post #1888 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

Just go ahead and make the purchase.  All that matters is how the headphones sound to you with your ears, and your music.  If there's a reason that the headphones don't work out for you, you can talk to Dan regarding his policies.  Or, you could easily sell them on the forum here quite quickly.

 

 

i would like to but im trying to save up for the ibasso dx100 and should be able to buy the dx100 by january. im also looking at the hifiman hm901, that one should even be more expensive... i really hope the dx100 can drop back down to 700 bucks and be a little more affordable. the sooner i get done with my dap option, the sooner i can save up for something else like the mad dogs. for now, i cant do anything but sit here and wait and read people's reviews frown.gif

post #1889 of 6388
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

I'm waiting smily_headphones1.gif

You'll have to wait a bit longer. wink.gif I've been talking with Dan, and I think we both feel he needs to double check something on my Mad Dogs. Long story short, the pair I received are somewhat dry sounding compared to my Paradox. I think most people would expect that to be the OPPOSITE of what's expected. And, yes, I've made sure I'm getting a proper seal on my head before anyone asks. :P Dan's been very helpful, and I appreciate his assistance! Here's to hoping I'm not just a crazy person.
post #1890 of 6388

How long have you had your pair?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review