Same here, I just got mine back from BTG Audio after I had the split done. I'll send to to Dan soon, prob Friday if I don't sleep the whole day as it's my only day off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 93post #1381 of 641310/10/12 at 3:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1382 of 641310/10/12 at 3:32pmQuote:
I'm waiting until after RMAF. This might help out Dan, as I'm sure he's busy as it is.
Want to hear more impressions about the DP's though! So c'mon!post #1383 of 641310/10/12 at 3:32pmpost #1384 of 641310/10/12 at 3:32pmpost #1385 of 641310/10/12 at 3:32pm
I might have to get my MD's re cabled yet again. This damn cable is to stiff not flexible at all. I know Dan doesn't want me to but its getting unbearable. This cable is from Bryan at Zynsonix Cables.. Not Brian at BTG. I'm going with a Q or a Skuld.post #1386 of 641310/10/12 at 3:34pmQuote:
That is a bummer. I have to wonder just how stiff. I'd say either Q or Norse. Of course, Steve is my vote.post #1387 of 641310/10/12 at 3:59pmpost #1388 of 641310/10/12 at 4:05pmpost #1389 of 641310/10/12 at 5:56pmpost #1390 of 641310/10/12 at 6:20pmpost #1391 of 641310/10/12 at 6:22pmpost #1392 of 641310/10/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
I would note that you had one of the units I wanted returned for modification, and is not representative of the target sound. The mids and highs were off, so you have not heard a correctly tuned unit. Not that this is intended to sound like a HE 400 or D5000... I'll let others comment on that.
Interesting. Just curious, why was the headphone shipped out to a customer knowing it was a bad measuring unit?post #1393 of 641310/10/12 at 6:57pmpost #1394 of 641310/10/12 at 8:09pmpost #1395 of 641310/10/12 at 8:21pmQuote:
That isn't what happened. New products can have issues. In this case, I had tuned the final production slightly off in response to a last minute part delivery not meeting spec. I was already late and trying to balance the adjustment with missing my ship commitments, which I take seriously. It was the spec I set that ended up being the problem.
I fixed the issue as soon as I realized I had it and recalled the affected units at my expense. Some of those who have gotten the fixed units have shared their opinion of the experience and the product. I'll never claim to be perfect, but if I mess up I can say that I'll fix it.
This thread is locked
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › For sale Decware Mini Torii 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 39 seconds ago
- › A sad day for me. I need some assistance in making a choice. 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing between Denon d2000 and Mad Dogs / HE-400 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 or HD 598 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe