Same here, I just got mine back from BTG Audio after I had the split done. I'll send to to Dan soon, prob Friday if I don't sleep the whole day as it's my only day off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 93
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm waiting until after RMAF. This might help out Dan, as I'm sure he's busy as it is.
Want to hear more impressions about the DP's though! So c'mon!
I might have to get my MD's re cabled yet again. This damn cable is to stiff not flexible at all. I know Dan doesn't want me to but its getting unbearable. This cable is from Bryan at Zynsonix Cables.. Not Brian at BTG. I'm going with a Q or a Skuld.
That is a bummer. I have to wonder just how stiff. I'd say either Q or Norse. Of course, Steve is my vote.
I would note that you had one of the units I wanted returned for modification, and is not representative of the target sound. The mids and highs were off, so you have not heard a correctly tuned unit. Not that this is intended to sound like a HE 400 or D5000... I'll let others comment on that.
Interesting. Just curious, why was the headphone shipped out to a customer knowing it was a bad measuring unit?
That isn't what happened. New products can have issues. In this case, I had tuned the final production slightly off in response to a last minute part delivery not meeting spec. I was already late and trying to balance the adjustment with missing my ship commitments, which I take seriously. It was the spec I set that ended up being the problem.
I fixed the issue as soon as I realized I had it and recalled the affected units at my expense. Some of those who have gotten the fixed units have shared their opinion of the experience and the product. I'll never claim to be perfect, but if I mess up I can say that I'll fix it.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)