Same here, I just got mine back from BTG Audio after I had the split done. I'll send to to Dan soon, prob Friday if I don't sleep the whole day as it's my only day off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T40rp/T50rp ZMF and Mad Dog mods vs DT770 for gaming? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 93
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm waiting until after RMAF. This might help out Dan, as I'm sure he's busy as it is.
Want to hear more impressions about the DP's though! So c'mon!
I might have to get my MD's re cabled yet again. This damn cable is to stiff not flexible at all. I know Dan doesn't want me to but its getting unbearable. This cable is from Bryan at Zynsonix Cables.. Not Brian at BTG. I'm going with a Q or a Skuld.
That is a bummer. I have to wonder just how stiff. I'd say either Q or Norse. Of course, Steve is my vote.
I would note that you had one of the units I wanted returned for modification, and is not representative of the target sound. The mids and highs were off, so you have not heard a correctly tuned unit. Not that this is intended to sound like a HE 400 or D5000... I'll let others comment on that.
Interesting. Just curious, why was the headphone shipped out to a customer knowing it was a bad measuring unit?
That isn't what happened. New products can have issues. In this case, I had tuned the final production slightly off in response to a last minute part delivery not meeting spec. I was already late and trying to balance the adjustment with missing my ship commitments, which I take seriously. It was the spec I set that ended up being the problem.
I fixed the issue as soon as I realized I had it and recalled the affected units at my expense. Some of those who have gotten the fixed units have shared their opinion of the experience and the product. I'll never claim to be perfect, but if I mess up I can say that I'll fix it.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 42 seconds ago
- › ODAC 1 minute ago
- › need help smoothing a rough spot on custom IEM shell 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)