Same here, I just got mine back from BTG Audio after I had the split done. I'll send to to Dan soon, prob Friday if I don't sleep the whole day as it's my only day off.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp and DAC recommendations for ATH-AD2000X / ATH-AD900 Last post on 11/2/13 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Technica AD900 - almost brand new Last post on 2/14/14 at 5:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 93
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm waiting until after RMAF. This might help out Dan, as I'm sure he's busy as it is.
Want to hear more impressions about the DP's though! So c'mon!
I might have to get my MD's re cabled yet again. This damn cable is to stiff not flexible at all. I know Dan doesn't want me to but its getting unbearable. This cable is from Bryan at Zynsonix Cables.. Not Brian at BTG. I'm going with a Q or a Skuld.
That is a bummer. I have to wonder just how stiff. I'd say either Q or Norse. Of course, Steve is my vote.
I would note that you had one of the units I wanted returned for modification, and is not representative of the target sound. The mids and highs were off, so you have not heard a correctly tuned unit. Not that this is intended to sound like a HE 400 or D5000... I'll let others comment on that.
Interesting. Just curious, why was the headphone shipped out to a customer knowing it was a bad measuring unit?
That isn't what happened. New products can have issues. In this case, I had tuned the final production slightly off in response to a last minute part delivery not meeting spec. I was already late and trying to balance the adjustment with missing my ship commitments, which I take seriously. It was the spec I set that ended up being the problem.
I fixed the issue as soon as I realized I had it and recalled the affected units at my expense. Some of those who have gotten the fixed units have shared their opinion of the experience and the product. I'll never claim to be perfect, but if I mess up I can say that I'll fix it.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Damping Factor 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audioengine P4 or Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 to pair with Audio GD... 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 4 minutes ago
- › Absolutely floored by my new amp - RSA Raptor w/ Tube Rolling... 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-SA5000 (Complete w. Box/Stand, Recabled, New Earpads) 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by C.C.S.
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by UnnownPlan
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by conquerator2
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by conquerator2
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)