I'll give you mine vs my D5000's and 650's here soon since Dan shipped mine today, shocked reallly, that was fast.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 75
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm pleased to say tomorrow we will have shipped orders placed through September 8. Existing orders should ship next week at the latest.
Thanks again everyone for your patience in waiting for the the Mad Dog with Dog Pads.
I gave a more in depth first impression between these two headphones a few weeks ago, in this thread. I had D2000's for over a year and just recently picked up the Mad Dogs, it took a little while to get used to a less exaggerated sound, but I absolutely love my Mad Dogs now. They're far superior in many ways, only genre that I listen to that I might take that back with was some Electronic songs. The head-rattling, boomy sub-bass on the Denons could be really fun depending on what you listen to, Mad Dogs however, are much more consistently enjoyable. It did take some work to get there though, Denons were really easy to drive and more forgiving, I had to push my little amp to it's limits and pick up a DAC before I could really hear what the Mad Dogs were capable of, so possibly not a good "starter on a budget" headphone.
If you do decide to go with the D2000's however, I have a pair up for sale in the trader forum.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Creative Aurvana Live, Sennheiser HD 205 or other cheap headphones... 12 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Help with my first desktop listening rig 10 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 11 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 12 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2