I'll give you mine vs my D5000's and 650's here soon since Dan shipped mine today, shocked reallly, that was fast.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarity: ATH-AD900 vs. LCD-2 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-AD900 + FIIO E7+E9 COMBO opinions? Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [The Best Headphone] ATH-AD900 VS DT880 32 Ohms Last post on 3/12/13 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mod to virtually angle the drivers of the ATH-AD900 Last post on 8/22/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review - Page 75post #1111 of 61789/18/12 at 9:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 61789/18/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
Have you received the vmoda case yet? If you have, does it fit?post #1113 of 61789/18/12 at 11:12pm
I'm pleased to say tomorrow we will have shipped orders placed through September 8. Existing orders should ship next week at the latest.
Thanks again everyone for your patience in waiting for the the Mad Dog with Dog Pads.post #1114 of 61789/18/12 at 11:13pm
What I can tell you is that it doesn't fit the Z1000. I don't have my Mad Dogs yet, but now I'm guessing no. Might have to go with the Beyer case.post #1115 of 61789/19/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Can't wait to try these!post #1116 of 61789/19/12 at 7:46ampost #1117 of 61789/19/12 at 9:18ampost #1118 of 61789/19/12 at 9:32amQuote:
I could not agree more. Dan was great. Can't wait to say hi at CanJam.post #1119 of 61789/19/12 at 12:36pmpost #1120 of 61789/19/12 at 2:32pm
+1 on Dan the Man.
Got me taken care of as soon as he got back of vacation.post #1121 of 61789/19/12 at 3:25pmpost #1122 of 61789/19/12 at 5:42pmpost #1123 of 61789/20/12 at 2:59pmpost #1124 of 61789/20/12 at 4:08pm
I gave a more in depth first impression between these two headphones a few weeks ago, in this thread. I had D2000's for over a year and just recently picked up the Mad Dogs, it took a little while to get used to a less exaggerated sound, but I absolutely love my Mad Dogs now. They're far superior in many ways, only genre that I listen to that I might take that back with was some Electronic songs. The head-rattling, boomy sub-bass on the Denons could be really fun depending on what you listen to, Mad Dogs however, are much more consistently enjoyable. It did take some work to get there though, Denons were really easy to drive and more forgiving, I had to push my little amp to it's limits and pick up a DAC before I could really hear what the Mad Dogs were capable of, so possibly not a good "starter on a budget" headphone.
If you do decide to go with the D2000's however, I have a pair up for sale in the trader forum.post #1125 of 61789/20/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
Not yet... It will not be too long before I have an update. I'm a bit behind on that project, sorry. Thanks for everyone's patience, though, I will be getting to this next.
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 12 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 53 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 59 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MH1C with apple earphone cable ? 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 2 minutes ago
- › Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe