How does this compare to your Denon D5000 and D7000? I've been really looking at the Denon line, but if this has great soundstage and great bass, this might be just the headphone to get.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/12
- productSony MDR-V900HD Studio Monitor Type Headphones HD Drivertagged by System, 6/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 unboxing video & impressions Last post on 6/6/12 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on Today at 5:56 am in Video Games Discussion
- Headphones for large heads Last post on 6/15/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. My Impressions video - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 216/9/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
If that is directed at me, I have not heard this Sony. I have the 7510.post #18 of 216/10/12 at 2:23amQuote:
From his comments, I'm thinking that the treble response is less harsh than at least the D5000, which I've used before. They both also have strong bass. The biggest thing to consider is open vs closed.post #19 of 216/10/12 at 7:31amThread StarterQuote:
I think MA900 is better than the 7510 & even the Z1000. The tonal quality is more balanced. BUT those have a different place than the MA900 because they isolate outside noise very well. I think the star of MA900's sound signature is the bass. It's quick and goes deep for being Open design.
The sound quality is not at the level of the D7000's refinement, but certainly at or better than the D5000.post #20 of 216/11/12 at 2:21pm
- NEW! Sony MDR-MA900 headphones. My Impressions video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 seconds ago
- › Mapletree Audio Ear + Purist HD with Raytheon Windmill Getter,... 9 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 52 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 Dual symphonic-driver In-ear Monitor... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2