I just hope that Fiio makes new LOD's for the new iPhone model, since it's rumored that it won't retain the 30-Pin Dock Connector.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/7/12
- productFiio E02i Rockytagged by System, 3/2/13
- productFiiO E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with Y-Cable (Black)tagged by System, 6/7/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/7/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/7/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on 12/8/16 at 11:09am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth getting the FiiO E7 over E1 and or E5? Last post on 3/14/11 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Klipsch S4 Last post on 7/23/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
[Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12 - Page 2post #16 of 1166/23/12 at 1:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1166/23/12 at 1:39ampost #18 of 1166/23/12 at 9:18am
Yea that would be a huge bonus. Even though I have an extra battery for my E11, it would be even better if I could just plug it into my laptop while traveling.post #19 of 1166/24/12 at 5:14pmpost #20 of 1166/25/12 at 8:18am
The biggest challenge for us (FiiO) is to choose what kind of power for E12, below are some kinds of power:
1, 2 X 9V battery, it is used in most high end portable headphone amp, simple and the power voltage is high enough, and you can also buy rechargeable 9V battery to keep the cost,
but the problem is that you can not control the thickness, also, we don't want to make a FiiO SR71A, lol, should be something new.
2, one Li-on battery, the problem is the power supply will become very complex , you need to boost the voltage from 3.7V to 12- 20 V or even higher, and separate the single power to +/- power,
the whole power circuit will be very complex, and hard to control the hiss because you have to use DC/DC to boost the voltage or convert to negative,
There are one word, the simple the better in SQ, lol. maybe we should just a resistor inside the amp.
3, 3 or 4 li-on battery, the power voltage will be high enough ( but not as high as 2 9V batteries), and convert the single power to +/- power, this is used in some portable amp, but the problem is
that hard to control the charging circuit and make sure that each batteries is fully charged. of course, it is big challenge to FiiO but maybe other company can solve it, who know?
Consider we will sell to so many customers, it is not safe for us to use this power although it can control the size at the same time and make the power simple.
So, This time we decide to be the first company ( please share with us if you found any similar headphone amp use the same design ) who use 6 X AAA li-on battery , the only problem is you have
to charge the battery with a extra charger, but the good news is , we can control the thickness to 15mm, and make the power circuit very simple, not need any DC-DC , and will have very high
power supply , means +/- 10V(min) to +/- 12.6V( max), it will good for the SQ. I don't find any portable amp use such high power supply voltage.post #21 of 1166/25/12 at 8:46amThread StarterYou get something and you lose something. such is life.
If it is going to be 6 Li-ion AAA, I'll really like to have the amp also come with a 6 AAA charger, so we can charge them all at once. Possibly also have another 6 spare AAA included in the package as well? That will be superpost #22 of 1166/25/12 at 8:56am
Can you please tell us what amp are you trying to compete again by designing the E12 so we can get an idea how high class it is? I saw you saying SR71A. I think it is important to at least give us an idea on the target performance set for designing this amp.
I for one love to see Fiio take on the big guys for one and show us what it can do in the high end portable market.post #23 of 1166/25/12 at 11:10ampost #24 of 1166/26/12 at 10:23am
I just hopes it last longer than my E11s, seeing how I went through 3 bad ones within 4 months. In comparison my E5 and O2 has been holding out for a much longer time. I believe you can do it Fiio!post #25 of 1166/28/12 at 7:16ampost #26 of 1166/28/12 at 8:54ampost #27 of 1166/28/12 at 5:24pmpost #28 of 1167/2/12 at 4:48ampost #29 of 1167/2/12 at 6:09ampost #30 of 1167/2/12 at 6:21amThread Starter
They haven't finished designing it yet, so I doubt they can tell you when it will be released.
- [Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AirPods 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear