I just hope that Fiio makes new LOD's for the new iPhone model, since it's rumored that it won't retain the 30-Pin Dock Connector.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/7/12
- productFiio E02i Rockytagged by System, 3/2/13
- productFiiO E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with Y-Cable (Black)tagged by System, 6/7/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/7/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/7/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on 3/25/15 at 9:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth getting the FiiO E7 over E1 and or E5? Last post on 3/14/11 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Klipsch S4 Last post on 7/23/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
[Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yea that would be a huge bonus. Even though I have an extra battery for my E11, it would be even better if I could just plug it into my laptop while traveling.
The biggest challenge for us (FiiO) is to choose what kind of power for E12, below are some kinds of power:
1, 2 X 9V battery, it is used in most high end portable headphone amp, simple and the power voltage is high enough, and you can also buy rechargeable 9V battery to keep the cost,
but the problem is that you can not control the thickness, also, we don't want to make a FiiO SR71A, lol, should be something new.
2, one Li-on battery, the problem is the power supply will become very complex , you need to boost the voltage from 3.7V to 12- 20 V or even higher, and separate the single power to +/- power,
the whole power circuit will be very complex, and hard to control the hiss because you have to use DC/DC to boost the voltage or convert to negative,
There are one word, the simple the better in SQ, lol. maybe we should just a resistor inside the amp.
3, 3 or 4 li-on battery, the power voltage will be high enough ( but not as high as 2 9V batteries), and convert the single power to +/- power, this is used in some portable amp, but the problem is
that hard to control the charging circuit and make sure that each batteries is fully charged. of course, it is big challenge to FiiO but maybe other company can solve it, who know?
Consider we will sell to so many customers, it is not safe for us to use this power although it can control the size at the same time and make the power simple.
So, This time we decide to be the first company ( please share with us if you found any similar headphone amp use the same design ) who use 6 X AAA li-on battery , the only problem is you have
to charge the battery with a extra charger, but the good news is , we can control the thickness to 15mm, and make the power circuit very simple, not need any DC-DC , and will have very high
power supply , means +/- 10V(min) to +/- 12.6V( max), it will good for the SQ. I don't find any portable amp use such high power supply voltage.
If it is going to be 6 Li-ion AAA, I'll really like to have the amp also come with a 6 AAA charger, so we can charge them all at once. Possibly also have another 6 spare AAA included in the package as well? That will be super
Can you please tell us what amp are you trying to compete again by designing the E12 so we can get an idea how high class it is? I saw you saying SR71A. I think it is important to at least give us an idea on the target performance set for designing this amp.
I for one love to see Fiio take on the big guys for one and show us what it can do in the high end portable market.
I just hopes it last longer than my E11s, seeing how I went through 3 bad ones within 4 months. In comparison my E5 and O2 has been holding out for a much longer time. I believe you can do it Fiio!
They haven't finished designing it yet, so I doubt they can tell you when it will be released.
- [Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 seconds ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 42 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 57 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2