I just hope that Fiio makes new LOD's for the new iPhone model, since it's rumored that it won't retain the 30-Pin Dock Connector.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/7/12
- productFiio E02i Rockytagged by System, 3/2/13
- productFiiO E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with Y-Cable (Black)tagged by System, 6/7/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/7/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/7/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) Last post on Yesterday at 4:32 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth getting the FiiO E7 over E1 and or E5? Last post on 3/14/11 at 9:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Klipsch S4 Last post on 7/23/10 at 5:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amplifiers with portable headphones Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
[Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12 - Page 2post #16 of 1166/23/12 at 1:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1166/23/12 at 1:39ampost #18 of 1166/23/12 at 9:18am
Yea that would be a huge bonus. Even though I have an extra battery for my E11, it would be even better if I could just plug it into my laptop while traveling.post #19 of 1166/24/12 at 5:14pmpost #20 of 1166/25/12 at 8:18am
The biggest challenge for us (FiiO) is to choose what kind of power for E12, below are some kinds of power:
1, 2 X 9V battery, it is used in most high end portable headphone amp, simple and the power voltage is high enough, and you can also buy rechargeable 9V battery to keep the cost,
but the problem is that you can not control the thickness, also, we don't want to make a FiiO SR71A, lol, should be something new.
2, one Li-on battery, the problem is the power supply will become very complex , you need to boost the voltage from 3.7V to 12- 20 V or even higher, and separate the single power to +/- power,
the whole power circuit will be very complex, and hard to control the hiss because you have to use DC/DC to boost the voltage or convert to negative,
There are one word, the simple the better in SQ, lol. maybe we should just a resistor inside the amp.
3, 3 or 4 li-on battery, the power voltage will be high enough ( but not as high as 2 9V batteries), and convert the single power to +/- power, this is used in some portable amp, but the problem is
that hard to control the charging circuit and make sure that each batteries is fully charged. of course, it is big challenge to FiiO but maybe other company can solve it, who know?
Consider we will sell to so many customers, it is not safe for us to use this power although it can control the size at the same time and make the power simple.
So, This time we decide to be the first company ( please share with us if you found any similar headphone amp use the same design ) who use 6 X AAA li-on battery , the only problem is you have
to charge the battery with a extra charger, but the good news is , we can control the thickness to 15mm, and make the power circuit very simple, not need any DC-DC , and will have very high
power supply , means +/- 10V(min) to +/- 12.6V( max), it will good for the SQ. I don't find any portable amp use such high power supply voltage.post #21 of 1166/25/12 at 8:46amThread StarterYou get something and you lose something. such is life.
If it is going to be 6 Li-ion AAA, I'll really like to have the amp also come with a 6 AAA charger, so we can charge them all at once. Possibly also have another 6 spare AAA included in the package as well? That will be superpost #22 of 1166/25/12 at 8:56am
Can you please tell us what amp are you trying to compete again by designing the E12 so we can get an idea how high class it is? I saw you saying SR71A. I think it is important to at least give us an idea on the target performance set for designing this amp.
I for one love to see Fiio take on the big guys for one and show us what it can do in the high end portable market.post #23 of 1166/25/12 at 11:10ampost #24 of 1166/26/12 at 10:23am
I just hopes it last longer than my E11s, seeing how I went through 3 bad ones within 4 months. In comparison my E5 and O2 has been holding out for a much longer time. I believe you can do it Fiio!post #25 of 1166/28/12 at 7:16ampost #26 of 1166/28/12 at 8:54ampost #27 of 1166/28/12 at 5:24pmpost #28 of 1167/2/12 at 4:48ampost #29 of 1167/2/12 at 6:09ampost #30 of 1167/2/12 at 6:21amThread Starter
They haven't finished designing it yet, so I doubt they can tell you when it will be released.
- [Upcoming] FiiO E02i "Rocky" and E12
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 7 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 14 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 14 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 42 seconds ago
- › Shouldn't An Analytical Sound Be Superior? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new portable that works well in a car 1 minute ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Best USB DAC under $100? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital