- 996 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Los Angeles/London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- cable and wire suggestions Last post on 6/27/12 at 12:03am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Any affordable, musical USB cables out there? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:58am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- USB vs Optical vs Coaxial (w/ converter) for Mac w/ Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:11pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC with headphone amp recommendation Last post on 7/13/10 at 3:08pm in Dedicated Source Components
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I'm giving these a 4 based on sound quality alone. I'm a cheap headphone user; I've gone from cheap headphone to cheap headphone over the past decade or so. I started with the Skullcandy Ink'd...
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
- Hi End Cables
monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables - Page 3
Poll Results: monoprice usb cable v audioquest usb cable
71% (23)monoprice usb
28% (9)audioquest usb
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
As a matter of fact I didnt hear a difference in everything I sampled. So I think the source quality really matters.
I used a connection from my HP Notebook to a Teac UD-H01 DAC.
The 2 main albums I sampled were
Light As A Feather by Return to Forever a 24-bit Japanese mastering from 2011 on SHM-CD.
Ripped to FLAC 44.1 /16
The other is
Heavy Weather by Weather Report from HDTracks in Flac 88.2 kHz.
With Return to Forever the printer cable sounded really good, But the Kimber Kable AG did better define the sound stage. The benifits are found in Flora Purims vocals which sounded more forward and smoother. Also Joe Farrells saxophone is more present and detailee from the mix.
However I didnt hear any differences with the Weathet Report album. None.
I went back and forth with the cables numerous times. And the results were the same.
Monoprice cables really should not be used for the audiophiles. Monoprice cables are for the general public average Joe such as mom, dad, sons and daughter, grandchildren, grandpa, grandma and such. It's not for audiophiles. I am not trolling. I am being serious here.
I have used it before, many years ago. And it sounded lame. Stick with something better than monoprice, seriously.
please follow this link and read the associated articles.
you will get the general consensus of many reliable sources.
Actually, no, it's in the form of a square wave. All digital signals are.
And the USB interface does not care what kind of data you're sending. Does your internet change speeds depending on if you're downloading a movie vs downloading a program? Didn't think so.
As long as the USB cable is not damaged and it meets the minimum specs the error rate of the data transmission will be statistically inisgnificant (in other words, the differences between tests/cables will be so small that you won't be able to determine mathematically if one is better or not). FURTHERMORE....all data transmission over USB is buffered at both ends. The audio you hear out of a USB DAC is actually being played not directly from the computer, but from the DAC's own internal memory. It buffers several milliseconds in advance, this way IF there are any errors in the transmission the packets can be resent before the DAC actually plays it. So any jitter caused by the cable (which there won't be any of anyway) doesn't actually get passed through to the audio.
In conclusion - any undamaged cable will sound the same. If you want to pay extra for nicer jacks, a cloth sleeve, thicker insulation, and so on, then that's your prerogative. But it does not change the sound.
Stop with all your sciencey stuff. The only thing that matters is if I think it sounds better despite the measurements and facts telling me it can't. These are my ears, you don't know my ears. <<<< Heavy on the sarcasm for the objectivity impaired.
- monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 19 seconds ago
- › Dasetn M760/M1/M3/AP8 earbuds Review/Impressions/Appreciation 35 seconds ago
- › Vintage HOK 80 Orthodynamics 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › LCD3 or LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › I have a good soundbar at home, does this mean open headphones are... 4 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Lachlan's 'Some Headphones Are More Equal Than Others' Sale!!! 5 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude