- 1,009 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Los Angeles/London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- cable and wire suggestions Last post on 6/27/12 at 12:03am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Any affordable, musical USB cables out there? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:58am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- USB vs Optical vs Coaxial (w/ converter) for Mac w/ Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:11pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC with headphone amp recommendation Last post on 7/13/10 at 3:08pm in Dedicated Source Components
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
- Hi End Cables
monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables - Page 3
Poll Results: monoprice usb cable v audioquest usb cable
71% (23)monoprice usb
28% (9)audioquest usb
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
As a matter of fact I didnt hear a difference in everything I sampled. So I think the source quality really matters.
I used a connection from my HP Notebook to a Teac UD-H01 DAC.
The 2 main albums I sampled were
Light As A Feather by Return to Forever a 24-bit Japanese mastering from 2011 on SHM-CD.
Ripped to FLAC 44.1 /16
The other is
Heavy Weather by Weather Report from HDTracks in Flac 88.2 kHz.
With Return to Forever the printer cable sounded really good, But the Kimber Kable AG did better define the sound stage. The benifits are found in Flora Purims vocals which sounded more forward and smoother. Also Joe Farrells saxophone is more present and detailee from the mix.
However I didnt hear any differences with the Weathet Report album. None.
I went back and forth with the cables numerous times. And the results were the same.
Monoprice cables really should not be used for the audiophiles. Monoprice cables are for the general public average Joe such as mom, dad, sons and daughter, grandchildren, grandpa, grandma and such. It's not for audiophiles. I am not trolling. I am being serious here.
I have used it before, many years ago. And it sounded lame. Stick with something better than monoprice, seriously.
please follow this link and read the associated articles.
you will get the general consensus of many reliable sources.
Actually, no, it's in the form of a square wave. All digital signals are.
And the USB interface does not care what kind of data you're sending. Does your internet change speeds depending on if you're downloading a movie vs downloading a program? Didn't think so.
As long as the USB cable is not damaged and it meets the minimum specs the error rate of the data transmission will be statistically inisgnificant (in other words, the differences between tests/cables will be so small that you won't be able to determine mathematically if one is better or not). FURTHERMORE....all data transmission over USB is buffered at both ends. The audio you hear out of a USB DAC is actually being played not directly from the computer, but from the DAC's own internal memory. It buffers several milliseconds in advance, this way IF there are any errors in the transmission the packets can be resent before the DAC actually plays it. So any jitter caused by the cable (which there won't be any of anyway) doesn't actually get passed through to the audio.
In conclusion - any undamaged cable will sound the same. If you want to pay extra for nicer jacks, a cloth sleeve, thicker insulation, and so on, then that's your prerogative. But it does not change the sound.
Stop with all your sciencey stuff. The only thing that matters is if I think it sounds better despite the measurements and facts telling me it can't. These are my ears, you don't know my ears. <<<< Heavy on the sarcasm for the objectivity impaired.
- monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Why are there so many high priced items for sale from Head Fi'ers... 10 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)