- 1,017 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Los Angeles/London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- cable and wire suggestions Last post on 6/27/12 at 12:03am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Any affordable, musical USB cables out there? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:58am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- USB vs Optical vs Coaxial (w/ converter) for Mac w/ Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:11pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC with headphone amp recommendation Last post on 7/13/10 at 3:08pm in Dedicated Source Components
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Intro:- This is my first earphone from DUNU-topsound, one of the most talked about Chinese earphone brand with some high performing earphones like DN-1000 and Dn-2000 decided to up the...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
- Hi End Cables
monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables - Page 3
Poll Results: monoprice usb cable v audioquest usb cable
71% (23)monoprice usb
28% (9)audioquest usb
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
As a matter of fact I didnt hear a difference in everything I sampled. So I think the source quality really matters.
I used a connection from my HP Notebook to a Teac UD-H01 DAC.
The 2 main albums I sampled were
Light As A Feather by Return to Forever a 24-bit Japanese mastering from 2011 on SHM-CD.
Ripped to FLAC 44.1 /16
The other is
Heavy Weather by Weather Report from HDTracks in Flac 88.2 kHz.
With Return to Forever the printer cable sounded really good, But the Kimber Kable AG did better define the sound stage. The benifits are found in Flora Purims vocals which sounded more forward and smoother. Also Joe Farrells saxophone is more present and detailee from the mix.
However I didnt hear any differences with the Weathet Report album. None.
I went back and forth with the cables numerous times. And the results were the same.
Monoprice cables really should not be used for the audiophiles. Monoprice cables are for the general public average Joe such as mom, dad, sons and daughter, grandchildren, grandpa, grandma and such. It's not for audiophiles. I am not trolling. I am being serious here.
I have used it before, many years ago. And it sounded lame. Stick with something better than monoprice, seriously.
please follow this link and read the associated articles.
you will get the general consensus of many reliable sources.
Actually, no, it's in the form of a square wave. All digital signals are.
And the USB interface does not care what kind of data you're sending. Does your internet change speeds depending on if you're downloading a movie vs downloading a program? Didn't think so.
As long as the USB cable is not damaged and it meets the minimum specs the error rate of the data transmission will be statistically inisgnificant (in other words, the differences between tests/cables will be so small that you won't be able to determine mathematically if one is better or not). FURTHERMORE....all data transmission over USB is buffered at both ends. The audio you hear out of a USB DAC is actually being played not directly from the computer, but from the DAC's own internal memory. It buffers several milliseconds in advance, this way IF there are any errors in the transmission the packets can be resent before the DAC actually plays it. So any jitter caused by the cable (which there won't be any of anyway) doesn't actually get passed through to the audio.
In conclusion - any undamaged cable will sound the same. If you want to pay extra for nicer jacks, a cloth sleeve, thicker insulation, and so on, then that's your prerogative. But it does not change the sound.
Stop with all your sciencey stuff. The only thing that matters is if I think it sounds better despite the measurements and facts telling me it can't. These are my ears, you don't know my ears. <<<< Heavy on the sarcasm for the objectivity impaired.
- monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 38 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 39 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2