- 1,017 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Los Angeles/London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- cable and wire suggestions Last post on 6/27/12 at 12:03am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Any affordable, musical USB cables out there? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:58am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- USB vs Optical vs Coaxial (w/ converter) for Mac w/ Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:11pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC with headphone amp recommendation Last post on 7/13/10 at 3:08pm in Dedicated Source Components
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
- Hi End Cables
monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables - Page 3
Poll Results: monoprice usb cable v audioquest usb cable
71% (23)monoprice usb
28% (9)audioquest usb
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
As a matter of fact I didnt hear a difference in everything I sampled. So I think the source quality really matters.
I used a connection from my HP Notebook to a Teac UD-H01 DAC.
The 2 main albums I sampled were
Light As A Feather by Return to Forever a 24-bit Japanese mastering from 2011 on SHM-CD.
Ripped to FLAC 44.1 /16
The other is
Heavy Weather by Weather Report from HDTracks in Flac 88.2 kHz.
With Return to Forever the printer cable sounded really good, But the Kimber Kable AG did better define the sound stage. The benifits are found in Flora Purims vocals which sounded more forward and smoother. Also Joe Farrells saxophone is more present and detailee from the mix.
However I didnt hear any differences with the Weathet Report album. None.
I went back and forth with the cables numerous times. And the results were the same.
Monoprice cables really should not be used for the audiophiles. Monoprice cables are for the general public average Joe such as mom, dad, sons and daughter, grandchildren, grandpa, grandma and such. It's not for audiophiles. I am not trolling. I am being serious here.
I have used it before, many years ago. And it sounded lame. Stick with something better than monoprice, seriously.
please follow this link and read the associated articles.
you will get the general consensus of many reliable sources.
Actually, no, it's in the form of a square wave. All digital signals are.
And the USB interface does not care what kind of data you're sending. Does your internet change speeds depending on if you're downloading a movie vs downloading a program? Didn't think so.
As long as the USB cable is not damaged and it meets the minimum specs the error rate of the data transmission will be statistically inisgnificant (in other words, the differences between tests/cables will be so small that you won't be able to determine mathematically if one is better or not). FURTHERMORE....all data transmission over USB is buffered at both ends. The audio you hear out of a USB DAC is actually being played not directly from the computer, but from the DAC's own internal memory. It buffers several milliseconds in advance, this way IF there are any errors in the transmission the packets can be resent before the DAC actually plays it. So any jitter caused by the cable (which there won't be any of anyway) doesn't actually get passed through to the audio.
In conclusion - any undamaged cable will sound the same. If you want to pay extra for nicer jacks, a cloth sleeve, thicker insulation, and so on, then that's your prerogative. But it does not change the sound.
Stop with all your sciencey stuff. The only thing that matters is if I think it sounds better despite the measurements and facts telling me it can't. These are my ears, you don't know my ears. <<<< Heavy on the sarcasm for the objectivity impaired.
- monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The ultra portable review thread just now
- › Lazy Shoot Out: Shure SRH 440, Philips SHL 3200, SMS Street by 50... 8 seconds ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 14 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 24 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 42 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Hibino upgrade version coming July 18. . . 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)