- 1,017 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Los Angeles/London
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Connect Computer to HiFi system Last post on 7/23/12 at 5:25pm in Computer Audio
- cable and wire suggestions Last post on 6/27/12 at 12:03am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Any affordable, musical USB cables out there? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:58am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- USB vs Optical vs Coaxial (w/ converter) for Mac w/ Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 Last post on 6/6/12 at 11:11pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC with headphone amp recommendation Last post on 7/13/10 at 3:08pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables - Page 3
Poll Results: monoprice usb cable v audioquest usb cable
32 Total Votespost #31 of 412/17/13 at 9:51amLet's try to get back on topic and help the poor OP from months past. Some of you say it is nonsense not to shell out "only $2" on a USB cable, while others state that there is no scientific difference. What if I told you that you are both right? Though it might not make a sonic difference, better built cables, if you switch cables often, will aid in the longevity of the system. And so to the OP, I say go for the Audioquest Forest line. You get great build quality and the cable looks sexy. At <$20, you aren't ripping off your system, or ripping off yourself.
71% (23)monoprice usb
28% (9)audioquest usb
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 412/17/13 at 12:22pmI do hear a difference from switching from a 6" oem usb cable for a printer to Kimber Kable AG USB. But the difference is so subtle that it doesnt justify the cost fot the casual audience.
As a matter of fact I didnt hear a difference in everything I sampled. So I think the source quality really matters.
I used a connection from my HP Notebook to a Teac UD-H01 DAC.
The 2 main albums I sampled were
Light As A Feather by Return to Forever a 24-bit Japanese mastering from 2011 on SHM-CD.
Ripped to FLAC 44.1 /16
The other is
Heavy Weather by Weather Report from HDTracks in Flac 88.2 kHz.
With Return to Forever the printer cable sounded really good, But the Kimber Kable AG did better define the sound stage. The benifits are found in Flora Purims vocals which sounded more forward and smoother. Also Joe Farrells saxophone is more present and detailee from the mix.
However I didnt hear any differences with the Weathet Report album. None.
I went back and forth with the cables numerous times. And the results were the same.post #33 of 412/18/13 at 11:08am
Monoprice cables really should not be used for the audiophiles. Monoprice cables are for the general public average Joe such as mom, dad, sons and daughter, grandchildren, grandpa, grandma and such. It's not for audiophiles. I am not trolling. I am being serious here.
I have used it before, many years ago. And it sounded lame. Stick with something better than monoprice, seriously.post #34 of 412/18/13 at 3:17pmpost #35 of 412/18/13 at 4:12pm
please follow this link and read the associated articles.
you will get the general consensus of many reliable sources.post #36 of 412/18/13 at 4:47pmpost #37 of 412/18/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Manyak
Actually, no, it's in the form of a square wave. All digital signals are.
And the USB interface does not care what kind of data you're sending. Does your internet change speeds depending on if you're downloading a movie vs downloading a program? Didn't think so.
As long as the USB cable is not damaged and it meets the minimum specs the error rate of the data transmission will be statistically inisgnificant (in other words, the differences between tests/cables will be so small that you won't be able to determine mathematically if one is better or not). FURTHERMORE....all data transmission over USB is buffered at both ends. The audio you hear out of a USB DAC is actually being played not directly from the computer, but from the DAC's own internal memory. It buffers several milliseconds in advance, this way IF there are any errors in the transmission the packets can be resent before the DAC actually plays it. So any jitter caused by the cable (which there won't be any of anyway) doesn't actually get passed through to the audio.
In conclusion - any undamaged cable will sound the same. If you want to pay extra for nicer jacks, a cloth sleeve, thicker insulation, and so on, then that's your prerogative. But it does not change the sound.
Stop with all your sciencey stuff. The only thing that matters is if I think it sounds better despite the measurements and facts telling me it can't. These are my ears, you don't know my ears. <<<< Heavy on the sarcasm for the objectivity impaired.post #38 of 412/18/13 at 6:28pmpost #39 of 412/18/13 at 6:29pmpost #40 of 412/18/13 at 7:08pmpost #41 of 415/3/13 at 10:14amReturn Home
This thread is locked
- monoprice v augioquest and other "audiophile usb cables
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFi-M8 XL4 - Apple compatible 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 3 minutes ago
- › The Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Tom's Mini-Meet - NC, 6/18/16 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear