I had the 840 pads on mine and they were still heavy and sat loosely on my noggin, great sound though!
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs AKG K518DJ vs Sennheiser HD-428 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset for a Budget ~US$70? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones for a school bus Last post on 8/25/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/8/12 at 11:58am
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.post #18 of 206/8/12 at 4:09pmQuote:
True enough--it's the Shure SRH 840 that is comparable to the M50 in price--has a detachable cord, extra ear pads and more neutral sound. The M50 has a sturdier build.post #19 of 206/12/12 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.
There is a very good thread how to mod these yourself:post #20 of 206/4/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
I owned a pair of 840's, the sound is nice, but they are really uncomfortable after 15-30 minutes my head would hurt where the headband had been.
- Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 seconds ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 21 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 45 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)