I had the 840 pads on mine and they were still heavy and sat loosely on my noggin, great sound though!
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs AKG K518DJ vs Sennheiser HD-428 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- anyone tried the Senheiser HD 202s? Last post on 8/2/12 at 6:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset for a Budget ~US$70? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/8/12 at 11:58am
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.post #18 of 206/8/12 at 4:09pmQuote:
True enough--it's the Shure SRH 840 that is comparable to the M50 in price--has a detachable cord, extra ear pads and more neutral sound. The M50 has a sturdier build.post #19 of 206/12/12 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.
There is a very good thread how to mod these yourself:post #20 of 206/4/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
I owned a pair of 840's, the sound is nice, but they are really uncomfortable after 15-30 minutes my head would hurt where the headband had been.
- Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 second ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 41 seconds ago
- › measurements are models 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › HUGE TUBE SALE - 5AR4/5R4/5U4/274 Rectifiers, 6AS7G/6080 Power... 2 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 3 minutes ago
- › Unique melody upcoming flagship 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-C300 and Denon AH-C301 any difference? 5 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital