I had the 840 pads on mine and they were still heavy and sat loosely on my noggin, great sound though!
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs AKG K518DJ vs Sennheiser HD-428 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone? Last post on 11/13/14 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset for a Budget ~US$70? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones for a school bus Last post on 8/25/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/8/12 at 11:58am
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.post #18 of 206/8/12 at 4:09pmQuote:
True enough--it's the Shure SRH 840 that is comparable to the M50 in price--has a detachable cord, extra ear pads and more neutral sound. The M50 has a sturdier build.post #19 of 206/12/12 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.
There is a very good thread how to mod these yourself:post #20 of 206/4/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
I owned a pair of 840's, the sound is nice, but they are really uncomfortable after 15-30 minutes my head would hurt where the headband had been.
- Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre 2 minutes ago
- › F/S COWON PLENUE P1 (shipping included) 4 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 346 IEMs compared (Philips Fidelio S1 and S2... 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › EX1 promotional offer for FiiO users--offer has ended. Thanks... 6 minutes ago
- › Budget Quality Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune,... 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2