I had the 840 pads on mine and they were still heavy and sat loosely on my noggin, great sound though!
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs AKG K518DJ vs Sennheiser HD-428 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset for a Budget ~US$70? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones for a school bus Last post on 8/25/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/8/12 at 11:58am
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.post #18 of 206/8/12 at 4:09pmQuote:
True enough--it's the Shure SRH 840 that is comparable to the M50 in price--has a detachable cord, extra ear pads and more neutral sound. The M50 has a sturdier build.post #19 of 206/12/12 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.
There is a very good thread how to mod these yourself:post #20 of 206/4/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
I owned a pair of 840's, the sound is nice, but they are really uncomfortable after 15-30 minutes my head would hurt where the headband had been.
- Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 seconds ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 2 minutes ago
- › Keep Aune MK2 or buy iFi Micro-iCan ? 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Soloist 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)