I had the 840 pads on mine and they were still heavy and sat loosely on my noggin, great sound though!
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/6/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 202 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs AKG K518DJ vs Sennheiser HD-428 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones are better for gaming and music? Last post on 10/14/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone? Last post on 11/13/14 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headset for a Budget ~US$70? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones for a school bus Last post on 8/25/12 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable - Page 2post #16 of 206/8/12 at 11:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/8/12 at 11:58am
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.post #18 of 206/8/12 at 4:09pmQuote:
True enough--it's the Shure SRH 840 that is comparable to the M50 in price--has a detachable cord, extra ear pads and more neutral sound. The M50 has a sturdier build.post #19 of 206/12/12 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
Checkout the detachable-cable version of the ATH-M50, it seems to fit your needs quite well. I'm thinking about getting a pair myself.
There is a very good thread how to mod these yourself:post #20 of 206/4/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
I owned a pair of 840's, the sound is nice, but they are really uncomfortable after 15-30 minutes my head would hurt where the headband had been.
- Suggestions for Closed headphones, with detachable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 17 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › IS HD650 or T90 an upgrade to Denon D2000 ? worth buying if i... 1 minute ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...