I know one really can't compare nc headphones to high grade closed cans, and even less to open ones. But could headphones with really advanced driver designs present better clarity and quality than high performance closed cans? Take for instance, the Sennheiser PXC 450s are NC, but have really incredible duofol diaphragm technology and clarity. Also headphones like the dual-driver Klipsch Modes. How would these compare to high performance cans like the AKG K550 and the Denons d2000 sound quality (detail, soundstage) wise?? How would they compare to not-so-high-performance (but still great) headphones like the AT M50 or Klipsch Image One?? I think that definitely NC cans are more bass oriented (Senns maybe not), but in midrange and bass quality how would they fare? I hear both AKG and Denons are incredible for the price, and similar between them (I will personally always prefer German=Austrian over Japanese). Do these have better overall quality than NC headphones??
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I am on my last straw... Last post on 7/20/12 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser pxc 450 vs Audio technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing between Klipsch Mode M40, B&W P5, AKG K490NC & K495NC, and Sennheiser... Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
Poll Results: High End Noise Cancelling vs Low End Reference Closed-Back Headphones
2 Total Votespost #1 of 66/5/12 at 9:00pmThread Starter
50% (1)Closed Back Reference
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/5/12 at 10:36pm
Noise cancelers are gimmicky. Hardly any of them do any good (in fact, Bose pretty much is the only one that does it properly but their headphones are just overpriced as hell). Your average pair of isolating iems would probably do a better job than noise cancelling headphones. And a good isolating closed back headphone won't be too far behind either.post #3 of 66/5/12 at 11:39pmpost #4 of 66/6/12 at 2:24am
personally they are piece of technology, definitely it will mark up the selling price for the product, however for the price you paid, purely compare on the sounding, it's not worth itpost #5 of 66/6/12 at 2:58pmThread Starter
Very Interesting... I thought so too. But I wonder what owners of high quality headphones in the $100-$400 range, that have used any of these NC headphones would think about them. For example, take cheaper headphones like the M50s or Image Ones. How would these compare to any of these high end NCs?? How would HD 598s compare? K550s? B&W P5? D2000?? How would these compare in between them? Which closed one would be the best for the price (that's about the same)?post #6 of 66/8/12 at 9:14pm
ermm, i tried Sennheiser PXC450 before, splendid sound presentation, but i still admit they are overprice, as the same price range compare with HD650 and HD600, the later excel so much better.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS: Heir Audio 4.a 42 seconds ago
- › Volume problem with my Corsair SP2500 due to blown fuse. 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › My impressions of Audeze LCD-2 Non-Fazor vs LCD-2 Fazor and HELP... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ADV Alpha | Logitech UE900 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › sennheiser game zero - help request 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)