I know one really can't compare nc headphones to high grade closed cans, and even less to open ones. But could headphones with really advanced driver designs present better clarity and quality than high performance closed cans? Take for instance, the Sennheiser PXC 450s are NC, but have really incredible duofol diaphragm technology and clarity. Also headphones like the dual-driver Klipsch Modes. How would these compare to high performance cans like the AKG K550 and the Denons d2000 sound quality (detail, soundstage) wise?? How would they compare to not-so-high-performance (but still great) headphones like the AT M50 or Klipsch Image One?? I think that definitely NC cans are more bass oriented (Senns maybe not), but in midrange and bass quality how would they fare? I hear both AKG and Denons are incredible for the price, and similar between them (I will personally always prefer German=Austrian over Japanese). Do these have better overall quality than NC headphones??
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I am on my last straw... Last post on 5/31/16 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser pxc 450 vs Audio technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing between Klipsch Mode M40, B&W P5, AKG K490NC & K495NC, and Sennheiser... Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
Poll Results: High End Noise Cancelling vs Low End Reference Closed-Back Headphones
2 Total Votespost #1 of 66/5/12 at 9:00pmThread Starter
50% (1)Closed Back Reference
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/5/12 at 10:36pm
Noise cancelers are gimmicky. Hardly any of them do any good (in fact, Bose pretty much is the only one that does it properly but their headphones are just overpriced as hell). Your average pair of isolating iems would probably do a better job than noise cancelling headphones. And a good isolating closed back headphone won't be too far behind either.post #3 of 66/5/12 at 11:39pmpost #4 of 66/6/12 at 2:24am
personally they are piece of technology, definitely it will mark up the selling price for the product, however for the price you paid, purely compare on the sounding, it's not worth itpost #5 of 66/6/12 at 2:58pmThread Starter
Very Interesting... I thought so too. But I wonder what owners of high quality headphones in the $100-$400 range, that have used any of these NC headphones would think about them. For example, take cheaper headphones like the M50s or Image Ones. How would these compare to any of these high end NCs?? How would HD 598s compare? K550s? B&W P5? D2000?? How would these compare in between them? Which closed one would be the best for the price (that's about the same)?post #6 of 66/8/12 at 9:14pm
ermm, i tried Sennheiser PXC450 before, splendid sound presentation, but i still admit they are overprice, as the same price range compare with HD650 and HD600, the later excel so much better.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IBasso Audio IT03 3 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 8 seconds ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › What the the best versatile, 'all-rounder' headphone that you own? 3 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Bad Headphone Connector Wiring Issues - What Could Be Wrong? 4 minutes ago
- › $200-400 IEM neutral/reference recommendations. SE425, UM Pro 3,... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...