I know one really can't compare nc headphones to high grade closed cans, and even less to open ones. But could headphones with really advanced driver designs present better clarity and quality than high performance closed cans? Take for instance, the Sennheiser PXC 450s are NC, but have really incredible duofol diaphragm technology and clarity. Also headphones like the dual-driver Klipsch Modes. How would these compare to high performance cans like the AKG K550 and the Denons d2000 sound quality (detail, soundstage) wise?? How would they compare to not-so-high-performance (but still great) headphones like the AT M50 or Klipsch Image One?? I think that definitely NC cans are more bass oriented (Senns maybe not), but in midrange and bass quality how would they fare? I hear both AKG and Denons are incredible for the price, and similar between them (I will personally always prefer German=Austrian over Japanese). Do these have better overall quality than NC headphones??
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I am on my last straw... Last post on 7/20/12 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser pxc 450 vs Audio technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing between Klipsch Mode M40, B&W P5, AKG K490NC & K495NC, and Sennheiser... Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
Poll Results: High End Noise Cancelling vs Low End Reference Closed-Back Headphones
2 Total Votespost #1 of 66/5/12 at 9:00pmThread Starter
50% (1)Closed Back Reference
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/5/12 at 10:36pm
Noise cancelers are gimmicky. Hardly any of them do any good (in fact, Bose pretty much is the only one that does it properly but their headphones are just overpriced as hell). Your average pair of isolating iems would probably do a better job than noise cancelling headphones. And a good isolating closed back headphone won't be too far behind either.post #3 of 66/5/12 at 11:39pmpost #4 of 66/6/12 at 2:24am
personally they are piece of technology, definitely it will mark up the selling price for the product, however for the price you paid, purely compare on the sounding, it's not worth itpost #5 of 66/6/12 at 2:58pmThread Starter
Very Interesting... I thought so too. But I wonder what owners of high quality headphones in the $100-$400 range, that have used any of these NC headphones would think about them. For example, take cheaper headphones like the M50s or Image Ones. How would these compare to any of these high end NCs?? How would HD 598s compare? K550s? B&W P5? D2000?? How would these compare in between them? Which closed one would be the best for the price (that's about the same)?post #6 of 66/8/12 at 9:14pm
ermm, i tried Sennheiser PXC450 before, splendid sound presentation, but i still admit they are overprice, as the same price range compare with HD650 and HD600, the later excel so much better.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 56 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MX980 in mint condition! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Which Music-Player : Jplay or Jriver? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Large text font firmware for X1 & X3 2nd gen 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...