I know one really can't compare nc headphones to high grade closed cans, and even less to open ones. But could headphones with really advanced driver designs present better clarity and quality than high performance closed cans? Take for instance, the Sennheiser PXC 450s are NC, but have really incredible duofol diaphragm technology and clarity. Also headphones like the dual-driver Klipsch Modes. How would these compare to high performance cans like the AKG K550 and the Denons d2000 sound quality (detail, soundstage) wise?? How would they compare to not-so-high-performance (but still great) headphones like the AT M50 or Klipsch Image One?? I think that definitely NC cans are more bass oriented (Senns maybe not), but in midrange and bass quality how would they fare? I hear both AKG and Denons are incredible for the price, and similar between them (I will personally always prefer German=Austrian over Japanese). Do these have better overall quality than NC headphones??
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSennheiser PXC 450 Active Noise-Canceling Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Noise Reduction Headphones Last post on 8/6/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Cancelling Headphone Dilema Last post on 8/17/12 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I am on my last straw... Last post on 5/31/16 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser pxc 450 vs Audio technica ATH-M50? Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing between Klipsch Mode M40, B&W P5, AKG K490NC & K495NC, and Sennheiser... Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
The FiiO A1 is a nice addition to a smartphone setup.It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. it doesn't extend very well and bass and treble is left...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
Poll Results: High End Noise Cancelling vs Low End Reference Closed-Back Headphones
2 Total Votespost #1 of 66/5/12 at 9:00pmThread Starter
50% (1)Closed Back Reference
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/5/12 at 10:36pm
Noise cancelers are gimmicky. Hardly any of them do any good (in fact, Bose pretty much is the only one that does it properly but their headphones are just overpriced as hell). Your average pair of isolating iems would probably do a better job than noise cancelling headphones. And a good isolating closed back headphone won't be too far behind either.post #3 of 66/5/12 at 11:39pmpost #4 of 66/6/12 at 2:24am
personally they are piece of technology, definitely it will mark up the selling price for the product, however for the price you paid, purely compare on the sounding, it's not worth itpost #5 of 66/6/12 at 2:58pmThread Starter
Very Interesting... I thought so too. But I wonder what owners of high quality headphones in the $100-$400 range, that have used any of these NC headphones would think about them. For example, take cheaper headphones like the M50s or Image Ones. How would these compare to any of these high end NCs?? How would HD 598s compare? K550s? B&W P5? D2000?? How would these compare in between them? Which closed one would be the best for the price (that's about the same)?post #6 of 66/8/12 at 9:14pm
ermm, i tried Sennheiser PXC450 before, splendid sound presentation, but i still admit they are overprice, as the same price range compare with HD650 and HD600, the later excel so much better.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NC Headphones vs. closed back headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 54 seconds ago
- › ShareMe 5 Bluetooth Headphone Impression and Reviews Wanted Globally 55 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...