72092 all brown here. Is there version with silver mesh and grey pads, which one is it?
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-007 Omega II MK1 vs MK2 vs SR-009 ? Last post on 6/4/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: STAX SR-007 MK1 (Omega II MK1) with MK2 leather pads Last post on 2/6/13 at 3:12pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate Ears UERM added (4/14/13) Last post on Today at 1:56 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the electrostatic headphones /amplifiers dangerous? Last post on 11/9/12 at 10:49pm in High-end Audio Forum
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
Stax SR-007 Omega II MK1 vs MK2 vs SR-009 ? (Making the jump into High End) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have been presented with an opportunity to buy a used SR-007II Mk 1. I already have a Lambda Sig setup with the SRM006T. Will this do? The Omegas come with a SRM323s which I don't really want/need. TIA
I haven't spent much time with the MK1, but from what I've heard, it's a very nice headphone and will probably be my next electrostat. I haven't done an A/B test, but it didn't sound as dark or bassy as the MK2. The MK2 can easily sound muddy and congested without a quality signal chain, and is probably the most unforgiving headphone I've ever encountered.
Is the mk2 really unforgiving? I heard in general the 007s are very forgiving of poorly recorded tracks.
Edited by Clsmooth391 - 5/8/13 at 6:24pm
On the other hand, any Omega 2 model is mostly more forgiving than the current totl SR009. Although, personally I have less issue with the increased treble content of the 009 than with the slight treble resonances in the mk2 SZ3 that standout.
Overall, I'd say though the stats are very revealing so don't expect the same kind of forgiveness one can get from a koss porta pro .
It's all relative indeed!
I owned a SR007MKI and didn't like it with a KGSS. For it's just sound anemic, dull, veiled with a narrow soundstage. I prefer to it HD800, HE60, Lambda Nova Signature. I found him very overpriced.
- Stax SR-007 Omega II MK1 vs MK2 vs SR-009 ? (Making the jump into High End)
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 31 seconds ago
- › Upgrade to first serious audiophile gear 56 seconds ago
- › OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman RE272: Review 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 Review (caution: long read). 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Why not .Wav? 3 minutes ago
- › The MODDED Sennheiser HD 580 appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › [help] Want suggestion for buying headphone within 50$ 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 5 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe