72092 all brown here. Is there version with silver mesh and grey pads, which one is it?
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-007 Omega II MK1 vs MK2 vs SR-009 ? Last post on 6/4/12 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax SR-007a (MK-2) SZ-2 trading only for SR-007 MK1 (Brown) Last post on 9/22/13 at 2:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MK2 leather pads for Stax SR-007 Last post on 7/24/13 at 10:15pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- WTB- Stax SR-009 or SR-007 Omega Mk1 Electrostatic Headphones Last post on 7/19/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: STAX SR-007 MK1 (Omega II MK1) with MK2 leather pads Last post on 2/6/13 at 3:12pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Stax SR-007 Omega II MK1 vs MK2 vs SR-009 ? (Making the jump into High End) - Page 5post #61 of 676/28/12 at 8:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 676/28/12 at 11:33ampost #63 of 6710/15/12 at 6:00pm
I have been presented with an opportunity to buy a used SR-007II Mk 1. I already have a Lambda Sig setup with the SRM006T. Will this do? The Omegas come with a SRM323s which I don't really want/need. TIApost #64 of 675/8/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Elysian
I haven't spent much time with the MK1, but from what I've heard, it's a very nice headphone and will probably be my next electrostat. I haven't done an A/B test, but it didn't sound as dark or bassy as the MK2. The MK2 can easily sound muddy and congested without a quality signal chain, and is probably the most unforgiving headphone I've ever encountered.
Is the mk2 really unforgiving? I heard in general the 007s are very forgiving of poorly recorded tracks.
Edited by Clsmooth391 - 5/8/13 at 6:24pmpost #65 of 675/8/13 at 10:22pmIt's all relative. The mk1 (at least the early series) is more forgiving than mk2 (at least the early SZ3 model I had) because of difference in diaphragm and / or damping cover (e.g. the mk2 is brighter / less damped and that can make some problematic recordings a bit difficult to handle).
On the other hand, any Omega 2 model is mostly more forgiving than the current totl SR009. Although, personally I have less issue with the increased treble content of the 009 than with the slight treble resonances in the mk2 SZ3 that standout.
Overall, I'd say though the stats are very revealing so don't expect the same kind of forgiveness one can get from a koss porta pro .
It's all relative indeed!post #66 of 675/9/13 at 9:10pmpost #67 of 675/10/13 at 1:55am
I owned a SR007MKI and didn't like it with a KGSS. For it's just sound anemic, dull, veiled with a narrow soundstage. I prefer to it HD800, HE60, Lambda Nova Signature. I found him very overpriced.
- Stax SR-007 Omega II MK1 vs MK2 vs SR-009 ? (Making the jump into High End)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Ibasso DX100 24 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › First major DIY project : designing a portable headphone amp. Where... 1 minute ago
- › PSA - W3s on sale for $139.99! 2 minutes ago
- › Drew's HiFi 12 Days of Christmas ~ Gift Guide 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW: DSD 1.082 .... 2 minutes ago
- › PSA - W3s on sale for $139.99!! 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › iFi nano iCAN. Superlative sonics. To Go. (NEW!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe