Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE! - Page 13

post #181 of 2864

you can get anti static guns you aim the record

 

 

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/3062/milty-zerostat-3-anti-static-gun/

post #182 of 2864

Just remember the anti-static record cleaning brushes have enough radioactive material embedded, that if you cut one up, mixed it with water and drank the fibers, you would die of cancer.eek.gif

post #183 of 2864

Still going to get a gun (Anti-static rolleyes.gif), but yesterday my anti-static brush from Mapleshade arrived. Wooden handle with a ground wire coming out the rear - plugs into the wall receptacle's Ground.

 

So far, so good...

post #184 of 2864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Still going to get a gun (Anti-static rolleyes.gif ), but yesterday my anti-static brush from Mapleshade arrived. Wooden handle with a ground wire coming out the rear - plugs into the wall receptacle's Ground.

So far, so good...

Cool, hadn't seen that one. Love these multi-purpose tools!
post #185 of 2864
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Still going to get a gun (Anti-static rolleyes.gif ), but yesterday my anti-static brush from Mapleshade arrived. Wooden handle with a ground wire coming out the rear - plugs into the wall receptacle's Ground.

So far, so good...

Cool, hadn't seen that one. Love these multi-purpose tools!

 

Static Draining Record Brush

 

Static draining record brush.

post #186 of 2864

The call no one told warned me about. ph34r.gif Dial-in a turntable, dial-up some speakers. On to Craig's List...

post #187 of 2864

Hey guys, what's your opinion on this turntable?

Philips 685 Turntable Electronic Control

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-685-Turntable-Electronic-Control-w-Audio-Technica-AT11E2-Stylus-Diamond-/310488186890?pt=US_Record_Players_Home_Turntables&hash=item484a89c00a

 

Playing vinyl intrigues me. I think I want to start venturing into turntables

post #188 of 2864

I don't know much about that table, and I am far from the expert here, but in my long search for a good used table it would be my opinion that you could find something in a little better condition (no bent arm etc..) in that price range if you are patient.  I was dedicated to Craigs List and yard sales until I found something I wanted.  

post #189 of 2864
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsupt View Post

I don't know much about that table, and I am far from the expert here, but in my long search for a good used table it would be my opinion that you could find something in a little better condition (no bent arm etc..) in that price range if you are patient.  I was dedicated to Craigs List and yard sales until I found something I wanted.  

I really have no idea how to judge it through the pictures. Most things seem fine to me aside from the electrical tape cables.

post #190 of 2864
Thread Starter 
That Philips turntable has a bent tonearm!!!! It isn't worth $9, much less $99. Best to keep looking.
post #191 of 2864

I started a new thread before I saw this, but I figured I'd post my question here also.

 

 

I recently found a B&O Beogram RX Turntable while digging through my basement. I'm trying to figure out the simplest and cheapest way to hook it up to my Advent AV570 Speakers, and my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones. I have found a couple things online, such as this: http://www.amazon.com/ART-II-Preamplifier-Outputs-Switchable/dp/B000AJR482

 

Would this allow my to connect my headphones or speakers directly to the turntable, or would I also need a reciever? How can I make this setup work as cheap as possible?

post #192 of 2864
Thread Starter 
Well you have to have an amp for your speakers, regardless. That product is a phono preamp, but you have to connect it to a headphone amp for headphones or a speaker amp for speakers.
post #193 of 2864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Well you have to have an amp for your speakers, regardless. That product is a phono preamp, but you have to connect it to a headphone amp for headphones or a speaker amp for speakers.

My speakers have built in amps. I am also purchasing a FiiO E11 for my phone + headphones. Would this also work as a small amp for the turntable or is to weak.

post #194 of 2864
Thread Starter 
A phono preamp is absolutely mandatory. So you could buy that phono preamp and connect it to the Fiio.
post #195 of 2864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

A phono preamp is absolutely mandatory. So you could buy that phono preamp and connect it to the Fiio.

Ok, that's what I'll plan on doing.

 

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE!