alright so the main reason for the new phone is the headphone port on my iphone broke, but now i'm thinking would it better to get a fio e7 amp for 100$ can and using the line out on my iphone rather the spending the 70$ for the sansa clip plus the micro sd
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productNokia Lumia 900 4G Windows Phone, Black (AT&T)tagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productSamsung i5800 Galaxy 3 Touchscreen Phonetagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- best smart phone for music (no apple) Last post on 4/17/13 at 1:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- (Audio) Samsung Galaxy S3 against the Walkman NW-Z1000 Last post on 9/9/12 at 12:41pm in Portable Source Gear
- Nokai Lumia 900 Last post on 11/17/12 at 2:26am in Portable Source Gear
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 7:33 pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
smartphone for music quality - Page 2post #16 of 206/6/12 at 11:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 206/6/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Djchase
I come from a family where everyone competes on technology. we have all had i-phones, samsung galaxy's, nexus, Ipads, Galaxy tabs, sony tabs, you name it.
Personally for me, the best Audio i have heard from a Portable Device, is the HTC ONE X.
Depending on the genre of music you listen too, there is an array of EQ settings (beats by dre - dont be turned off as they are just EQ settings which sound better than the EQ i had on my Samsung K3 player) you can adjust to get the sound you require.
Great for Rock, Hip Hop and Dance.
That's available for most mobiles that have developer support nowadays.post #18 of 206/6/12 at 12:36pmpost #19 of 206/6/12 at 2:51pmThread Starterpost #20 of 2010/26/12 at 3:29pm
I get to use a range of devices- and I enjoy music, of a wide range. The best for me is still a decent triple driver with a dedicated player (like the cowon s9 whcih you can get quite ceaply now). However, phonewise the best I've come across is the HTC One X (beating the Samsung S3, iPhone 4s (though not the iPhone 5 which has better audio than the iPhone 4S) and xperias. Obviously, the head set you use makes a difference- soundmagics at one end are relatively cheap but still pretty good. But I've yet to find a phone that can match a dedicated decent mp3 player (well flac player). The other option I tried was the new iPod nano. It's better than any of the phones - and if you stick with lossless not that bad compared to even the cowons. The big plus is the size (tiny) makes it handy- no need to worry about lock screens, and means my phone battery can be sued for sensible things like email, browsing, camera, even making calls! Best thing though is to try them if you can. If you take an sd card with music and your earphones to a phone shop some of them will let you try them out so you can compare. Or worse case find online music and listen and compare.
- smartphone for music quality
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 23 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 52 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe