Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beware of fake Beats Mixr headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beware of fake Beats Mixr headphone - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly21029 View Post

Regardless of whether or not I'd ever actually purchase the headphone in question, these threads are always interesting and a great service to the headphone community.  Thank you soundtech for sharing you findings with us! smily_headphones1.gif

There is, however, one burning question that is still unanswered: how does the sound compare between the original and fake?

My fake Studios sound like the real Studios, crappy. But they look cool.
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


My fake Studios sound like the real Studios, crappy. But they look cool.

 

Ha!  Go figure that an "authentic" Beats sound would be easily and cheaply replicated. rolleyes.gif

 

I seen there are a bunch of fake studios floating around with "custom" color schemes.  Since the vast majority seem to buy them exclusively based on looks/trendiness and they sound alike, (and I'm sure durability wouldn't take much of a hit either) it seems that buying fakes is actually the way to go in this case.

post #18 of 31

i think the title should be "beware of beats in general"....

post #19 of 31

Monster sources the drivers for their Beats series from Chinese oem manufacturers anyways, so in essence both fake and real Beats share the same basic drivers.

 

 

Woah did somebody just say something?

post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly21029 View Post

Ha!  Go figure that an "authentic" Beats sound would be easily and cheaply replicated. rolleyes.gif

I seen there are a bunch of fake studios floating around with "custom" color schemes.  Since the vast majority seem to buy them exclusively based on looks/trendiness and they sound alike, (and I'm sure durability wouldn't take much of a hit either) it seems that buying fakes is actually the way to go in this case.

A friend got them for me in Beijing, they're the Superman style. One of these days I'm going to replace the 40mm drivers in them with something decent and re-tune them, then I'll send them to Tyll for measurements.
post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

Monster sources the drivers for their Beats series from Chinese oem manufacturers anyways, so in essence both fake and real Beats share the same basic drivers.

 

 

Woah did somebody just say something?

Haha, thanks for that info.
If the tiny driver sizes was not bad enough for these supposed 'bass monsters'.

post #22 of 31
Thread Starter 

yes, i bought this earphone just want to try Beats headphone, few of my friends are using studio. looks cool.

post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i think the title should be "beware of beats in general"....

I was thinking that, lol.
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


I was thinking that, lol.

beerchug.gif

post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 

it looks cool, and lots of people own it now. i just make a mistake.

post #26 of 31

I even got my kid of the idea wanting these damn beats haha a couple of friends of him want xb500's now and so does he,saves money,better sound and that dre fool aint getting paid for crap so 3x strikes in one......LOL

post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 

beware of purchasing Beats headphone from ioffer.com.

most of them are fake. but prices are attractive.

post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailysmoker View Post

I think the fake should sound better then original haha so be glad there are fake ones cause when you buy beats your money is wasted anyway why in the world would you buy such a crap headphone...??!!

 

     Ditto ........ with an emphasis on 'crap'.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtech View Post

it looks cool, and lots of people own it now. i just make a mistake.

 

     An understatement! (the mistake part : )

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtech View Post

yes, i bought this earphone just want to try Beats headphone, few of my friends are using studio. looks cool.

 

     That's about it - they may look 'cool', but just be sure to have a pair of JH13 Pro IEM's inside the Beats to be actually listening to!

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i think the title should be "beware of beats in general"....

 

     Pretty well sums it up .......... oh, and remember - NEVER bring da Beats to Headphone meets (won't even pass the 'cool' test)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


My fake Studios sound like the real Studios, crappy. But they look cool.

 

    There's that 'crap' word again - Beats can only be described with four-letter words.

post #29 of 31
Thread Starter 

Yes, i have seem Beats Mixr come with pink, silver, red, blue color, and these colors are not launched by beats yet.

post #30 of 31

if i were the one who will make a fake one.. id rather buy ath m50 and rebuilt it and make it a beats mixr..well thats better than even beats studio haha.. still you can sell it 200$

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beware of fake Beats Mixr headphone