Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Official NYC spring meet 2012 impression thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NYC spring meet 2012 impression thread - Page 3  

post #31 of 121

Thanks for the great event! It really enjoyed getting to put faces to avatars. I definitely added to the list of things I MUST have but also got to cross some things off. I don't know who had the HE-6 and Coda amp setup but just wanted to say that it was really outstanding. Somehow I completely missed the auction which has me a bit bummed, but oh well. Was it run later in the day (I left a bit early) or did I just overlook it?

 

See you guys next time!
 

post #32 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrip541 View Post

Thanks for the great event! It really enjoyed getting to put faces to avatars. I definitely added to the list of things I MUST have but also got to cross some things off. I don't know who had the HE-6 and Coda amp setup but just wanted to say that it was really outstanding. Somehow I completely missed the auction which has me a bit bummed, but oh well. Was it run later in the day (I left a bit early) or did I just overlook it?

 

See you guys next time!
 


Auction was held just after 3pm.

post #33 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozebuttons View Post


Auction was held just after 3pm.

Ah. I missed it by 10min. Thanks

post #34 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrip541 View Post

I don't know who had the HE-6 and Coda amp setup but just wanted to say that it was really outstanding.

 

That'd be me.  Glad you enjoyed it.

 

Sorry to hear you missed the auction.  That's one of the best parts of these meets!  Maybe next time though.

post #35 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

That'd be me.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Sorry to hear you missed the auction.  That's one of the best parts of these meets!  Maybe next time though.
the coda/he-6 combo is the best i have ever heard the he-6 sound!
great job with this pairing,pras
post #36 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

It definitely opened my eyes to what I like and dislike and what I wanna focus on as the net part of my audio gear collection grows.

 

Yeah, for me "vintage" HP-1's and K1000's or new LCD-2/3's - all of which are completely out of my financial realm and was the sad realization I got out of the meet. 

I was a happier man before Saturday :-)

post #37 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by macm75 View Post

 

Yeah, for me "vintage" HP-1's and K1000's or new LCD-2/3's - all of which are completely out of my financial realm and was the sad realization I got out of the meet. 

I was a happier man before Saturday :-)

Look on the bright side the LCD2/3 should not get anymore expensive so It something you can possibly get in the future, who knows an LCD-4 may come out and prices for the first two may go down even. I cant say that about the K1000 or HP1000 except try to get them while you can. 

post #38 of 121

I found out I was really happy with some of my previous purchases actually. Their are tons of things now though that I am excited to be able to have on a day to day basis at some point soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macm75 View Post

 

Yeah, for me "vintage" HP-1's and K1000's or new LCD-2/3's - all of which are completely out of my financial realm and was the sad realization I got out of the meet. 

I was a happier man before Saturday :-)

post #39 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by macm75 View Post

Yeah, for me "vintage" HP-1's and K1000's or new LCD-2/3's - all of which are completely out of my financial realm and was the sad realization I got out of the meet. 
I was a happier man before Saturday :-)

What amp did they run the hp1000s on? Man wish I could have made it, would have brought my hp2i
post #40 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguru View Post


What amp did they run the hp1000s on? Man wish I could have made it, would have brought my hp2i


Ivanrocks321 just stopped over to my table - we listened on my 418a "Electric Ave" (my build) and I think they made it over to glowglass' E810F "Veery 51".  John Lee Hooker was Electric - on Fire!

post #41 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by macm75 View Post


Ivanrocks321 just stopped over to my table - we listened on my 418a "Electric Ave" (my build) and I think they made it over to glowglass' E810F "Veery 51".  John Lee Hooker was Electric - on Fire!

The HP1000 was one of my favorites of the day. I really...may be a grado man at heart lol.
post #42 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


The HP1000 was one of my favorites of the day. I really...may be a grado man at heart lol.

 

They were amazing. I didn't have that much listen time on them, but they sounded fantastic. 

post #43 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguru View Post


What amp did they run the hp1000s on? Man wish I could have made it, would have brought my hp2i

I would have liked to hear those hp2is.

post #44 of 121
Thread Starter 

As per usual I had a great time. 

 

I didnt listen to much gear, but it was awesome to catch up with everyone, and meet new people. The DIYers were out in force which was pretty great. 

 

I snapped a bunch of pics. 

 

But first... 

About a week ago I was riding the subway and crossed paths with Ivan! how crazy!

 

_0010210.JPG

 

One from on my way to the meet

 

_0010422.JPG

 

From the meet:

Im still trying to figure out how to do off-camera flash. Sorry for the sometimes funky shadows. 

 

DSC_6290.JPG

 

DSC_6292.JPG

 

DSC_6298.JPG


Edited by nikongod - 6/4/12 at 7:21pm
post #45 of 121
Thread Starter 

More

 

DSC_6302.JPG

 

DSC_6312.JPG

 

DSC_6315.JPG

 

DSC_6318.JPG

 

DSC_6319.JPG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › Official NYC spring meet 2012 impression thread