Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012) - Page 26

post #376 of 383

the newer versions does not have the volume control, they do have a one button remote though. You should find them for less then 50 euros now since they are discontinued. Soon they are all gone :(

post #377 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan View Post
 

the newer versions does not have the volume control, they do have a one button remote though. You should find them for less then 50 euros now since they are discontinued. Soon they are all gone :(

and the newer versions do not have the inbalance issue and also do they play a bit louder than the uptowns with volume control?

post #378 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post
 

and the newer versions do not have the inbalance issue and also do they play a bit louder than the uptowns with volume control?

Don´t know about them playing louder, its the same headphone but with a different remote. No imbalance issue. It´s a good buy!

post #379 of 383

If you guys havent recabled these things yet you really need to, theyre pretty easy to teardown and the sound quality is greatly increase

post #380 of 383

I don´t believe in cables. Might recable for greater durability but for sound.. No.. That said. The cable is **** on this headphone. 

post #381 of 383

I have these. Reasonably happy with them overall, but have somehow split the ear pads on the inside seam. They go pretty much halfway round the entire cup so the sponge inside is starting to come out.

 

Is there any way I can fix the pad or recover it or am I better off just waiting for it to finally give up and getting new headphones.

 

Bit annoying really as I don't do anything abnormal with my headphones they'll be my second pair to break in about 18 months or so.

post #382 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB123 View Post
 

I have these. Reasonably happy with them overall, but have somehow split the ear pads on the inside seam. They go pretty much halfway round the entire cup so the sponge inside is starting to come out.

 

Is there any way I can fix the pad or recover it or am I better off just waiting for it to finally give up and getting new headphones.

 

Bit annoying really as I don't do anything abnormal with my headphones they'll be my second pair to break in about 18 months or so.

I have the same problem with my Uptown too, change the new pad cost too much money so I try to replace them with socks, you can read it at here : http://www.instructables.com/id/Sockophones-earphone-padding-made-from-socks/ the problem is I just the novice so I not sure if these home made ear pads will cause the loss in bass, mid or treble.

 

I replace 2 headphones (Philips Uptown and Philips SHP 3000) with this and it still work fine until now.

post #383 of 383
You could just buy velours (for the MDR 7506 OR ATH M50) and replace them. They won't look as good though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)