As long as the volume is maxed on the inline slider, I don't have any problems with imbalance. Once I start adjusting it, things break down. As far as volume sliders go it's pretty crappy.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 6/6/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a closed all - rounder under $180 Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new pair of headphones Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good closed headphones Last post on 12/4/10 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On a search for headphones! Last post on 10/30/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012) - Page 13post #181 of 39510/14/12 at 12:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 39510/14/12 at 8:32pmThread Starter
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:Quote:I have seen a few comparisons to the HM5 or Fischer Audio FA-003. I can understand that but I prefer the Uptown’s slightly thicker and warmer tonality to the razor thin mids and colder and narrow presentation of the FA-003. It’s not as hot or spikey either as the FA-003 but doesn’t have quite the same bass impact which the FA-003 is well known for.
Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. ¯\(°_o)/¯post #183 of 39510/15/12 at 10:35pm
Got a message from Philips Support. Yay! :)
Thank you for your e-mail to Philips. I will be happy to assist you today. The headphones that you purchased are a genuine pair. The difference in the labeling on the box could be the result of a last minute box design change to highlight a different or more sufficient feature, which is normal. The headphones that you currently have supports MusicSeal and high precision sound. To see additional features of the product please go here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SHL5905BK/28&slg=en&scy=US
and click on Leaflet under Manuals & Documentation.
Thank you for contacting Philips. If you need additional assistance, please contact us again and refer to INC966579.
Philips Customer Supportpost #184 of 39510/16/12 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:
Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. ¯\(°_o)/¯
Thank you for the post! I am very happy to be introduced into another headphone site!post #185 of 39510/16/12 at 9:39ampost #186 of 39510/16/12 at 9:55amThread Starterpost #187 of 39510/16/12 at 12:26pmQuote:
Positive. It's LaShauna Dixon. ERMAYGAD!! Hahaha. Is this news article even real? :D Where can I see this online?
"said Sennheiser" That made me laugh. Haha. Watta name.
Edited by FrozenFlame - 10/16/12 at 10:12pmpost #188 of 39510/16/12 at 9:48pmpost #189 of 39510/16/12 at 10:34pm
What a nice composition bro. You almost got me with it. But when I saw "Sennheiser"... I was like: You gotta be kidding me. Hahahaha. Took me long to search the web site where you created this article..
Ohhh Fodey. Haha! :D
Edited by FrozenFlame - 10/16/12 at 10:38pmpost #190 of 39510/17/12 at 3:12ampost #191 of 39510/18/12 at 12:07am
i have no problems at all with the slider volume control on my set. No static or in balance when I use it and it works fine. Weird for me because it seems every other HP or IEM Ive had with a inline volume has given me problems. I think these will work out fine for commuting , great seal and pretty decent isolation. They are comfortable and attractive enough to be seen wearing out and about. I have better sets and I like my HM5 clones better for more serious listening but they will be fine for using with my Ipod unamped Decent enough for the price.post #192 of 39510/29/12 at 9:18am
I knew there was something fishy about Ms. Dixon... I am new this whole scene. I just ordered a pair of these from OneSaleADay, and they are arriving Wednesday. I have been trying to learn more about burn in and other headphone issues, and really enjoy your discussion....although I am bit nervous about the whole possible counterfit thing. Does anyone here listen to metal music? I would love any input on how these might work.. thanks.post #193 of 39510/29/12 at 11:57am
The counterfeit article is not real.. The story seems to be plausible though but it's just joke. Hehe. :D
Metal should be fine but for me, i'm not satisfied. Everyone has different ears, so it's best if you just listen it yourself. :)post #194 of 39510/29/12 at 1:31pm
I used the pair I gifted to my sister this weekend. I must say, I enjoyed them. Decent amount of detail. They seemed a little bright side, but not too bad.
I listened to bunch of Micheal Jackson and they seemed to handle the songs well enough. I was one of the lucky ones who paid $40 for them. I must say, for that price, the are more than worth it. But anything over $70 would be too much for these.
Comfort is just wonderful, the best I have ever worn. Build quailty (besides the volume control) is great. I bought the none removable pads version, which is fine, cause they are great stock. My sister loves them for her country music.
..post #195 of 39510/29/12 at 2:07pm
- Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 11 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from Ultrasone 750 pro 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Tera Player - Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse