As long as the volume is maxed on the inline slider, I don't have any problems with imbalance. Once I start adjusting it, things break down. As far as volume sliders go it's pretty crappy.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 6/6/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a closed all - rounder under $180 Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new pair of headphones Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good closed headphones Last post on 12/4/10 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On a search for headphones! Last post on 10/30/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The Zen 2...
Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012) - Page 13post #181 of 39510/14/12 at 12:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 39510/14/12 at 8:32pmThread Starter
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:Quote:I have seen a few comparisons to the HM5 or Fischer Audio FA-003. I can understand that but I prefer the Uptown’s slightly thicker and warmer tonality to the razor thin mids and colder and narrow presentation of the FA-003. It’s not as hot or spikey either as the FA-003 but doesn’t have quite the same bass impact which the FA-003 is well known for.
Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. ¯\(°_o)/¯post #183 of 39510/15/12 at 10:35pm
Got a message from Philips Support. Yay! :)
Thank you for your e-mail to Philips. I will be happy to assist you today. The headphones that you purchased are a genuine pair. The difference in the labeling on the box could be the result of a last minute box design change to highlight a different or more sufficient feature, which is normal. The headphones that you currently have supports MusicSeal and high precision sound. To see additional features of the product please go here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SHL5905BK/28&slg=en&scy=US
and click on Leaflet under Manuals & Documentation.
Thank you for contacting Philips. If you need additional assistance, please contact us again and refer to INC966579.
Philips Customer Supportpost #184 of 39510/16/12 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:
Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. ¯\(°_o)/¯
Thank you for the post! I am very happy to be introduced into another headphone site!post #185 of 39510/16/12 at 9:39ampost #186 of 39510/16/12 at 9:55amThread Starterpost #187 of 39510/16/12 at 12:26pmQuote:
Positive. It's LaShauna Dixon. ERMAYGAD!! Hahaha. Is this news article even real? :D Where can I see this online?
"said Sennheiser" That made me laugh. Haha. Watta name.
Edited by FrozenFlame - 10/16/12 at 10:12pmpost #188 of 39510/16/12 at 9:48pmpost #189 of 39510/16/12 at 10:34pm
What a nice composition bro. You almost got me with it. But when I saw "Sennheiser"... I was like: You gotta be kidding me. Hahahaha. Took me long to search the web site where you created this article..
Ohhh Fodey. Haha! :D
Edited by FrozenFlame - 10/16/12 at 10:38pmpost #190 of 39510/17/12 at 3:12ampost #191 of 39510/18/12 at 12:07am
i have no problems at all with the slider volume control on my set. No static or in balance when I use it and it works fine. Weird for me because it seems every other HP or IEM Ive had with a inline volume has given me problems. I think these will work out fine for commuting , great seal and pretty decent isolation. They are comfortable and attractive enough to be seen wearing out and about. I have better sets and I like my HM5 clones better for more serious listening but they will be fine for using with my Ipod unamped Decent enough for the price.post #192 of 39510/29/12 at 9:18am
I knew there was something fishy about Ms. Dixon... I am new this whole scene. I just ordered a pair of these from OneSaleADay, and they are arriving Wednesday. I have been trying to learn more about burn in and other headphone issues, and really enjoy your discussion....although I am bit nervous about the whole possible counterfit thing. Does anyone here listen to metal music? I would love any input on how these might work.. thanks.post #193 of 39510/29/12 at 11:57am
The counterfeit article is not real.. The story seems to be plausible though but it's just joke. Hehe. :D
Metal should be fine but for me, i'm not satisfied. Everyone has different ears, so it's best if you just listen it yourself. :)post #194 of 39510/29/12 at 1:31pm
I used the pair I gifted to my sister this weekend. I must say, I enjoyed them. Decent amount of detail. They seemed a little bright side, but not too bad.
I listened to bunch of Micheal Jackson and they seemed to handle the songs well enough. I was one of the lucky ones who paid $40 for them. I must say, for that price, the are more than worth it. But anything over $70 would be too much for these.
Comfort is just wonderful, the best I have ever worn. Build quailty (besides the volume control) is great. I bought the none removable pads version, which is fine, cause they are great stock. My sister loves them for her country music.
..post #195 of 39510/29/12 at 2:07pm
- Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 56 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread-... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › JDS Labs ULTRA SHORT 3.5MM INTERCONNECT CABLE by audiophilefan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...