As long as the volume is maxed on the inline slider, I don't have any problems with imbalance. Once I start adjusting it, things break down. As far as volume sliders go it's pretty crappy.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 6/6/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for a closed all - rounder under $180 Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new pair of headphones Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good closed headphones Last post on 12/4/10 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On a search for headphones! Last post on 10/30/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012) - Page 13post #181 of 38010/14/12 at 12:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 38010/14/12 at 8:32pmThread Starter
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:Quote:I have seen a few comparisons to the HM5 or Fischer Audio FA-003. I can understand that but I prefer the Uptown’s slightly thicker and warmer tonality to the razor thin mids and colder and narrow presentation of the FA-003. It’s not as hot or spikey either as the FA-003 but doesn’t have quite the same bass impact which the FA-003 is well known for.
Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. ¯\(°_o)/¯post #183 of 38010/15/12 at 10:35pm
Got a message from Philips Support. Yay! :)
Thank you for your e-mail to Philips. I will be happy to assist you today. The headphones that you purchased are a genuine pair. The difference in the labeling on the box could be the result of a last minute box design change to highlight a different or more sufficient feature, which is normal. The headphones that you currently have supports MusicSeal and high precision sound. To see additional features of the product please go here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SHL5905BK/28&slg=en&scy=US
and click on Leaflet under Manuals & Documentation.
Thank you for contacting Philips. If you need additional assistance, please contact us again and refer to INC966579.
Philips Customer Supportpost #184 of 38010/16/12 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
Noticed there was a review of these over on Headfonics:
Wow. Interesting. Everything he just said right here is the polar opposite of what I thought about the FA-003/HM5, hahaha. I thought the HM5 was as far from cold/thin as could be, super muddy in fact, and it had the smoothest least spikey treble I've ever heard. Also, I greatly dislike generous quantities of bass and bass impact, but even I found the HM5 so utterly lacking and boring in this aspect. ¯\(°_o)/¯
Thank you for the post! I am very happy to be introduced into another headphone site!post #185 of 38010/16/12 at 9:39ampost #186 of 38010/16/12 at 9:55amThread Starterpost #187 of 38010/16/12 at 12:26pmQuote:
Positive. It's LaShauna Dixon. ERMAYGAD!! Hahaha. Is this news article even real? :D Where can I see this online?
"said Sennheiser" That made me laugh. Haha. Watta name.
Edited by FrozenFlame - 10/16/12 at 10:12pmpost #188 of 38010/16/12 at 9:48pmpost #189 of 38010/16/12 at 10:34pm
What a nice composition bro. You almost got me with it. But when I saw "Sennheiser"... I was like: You gotta be kidding me. Hahahaha. Took me long to search the web site where you created this article..
Ohhh Fodey. Haha! :D
Edited by FrozenFlame - 10/16/12 at 10:38pmpost #190 of 38010/17/12 at 3:12ampost #191 of 38010/18/12 at 12:07am
i have no problems at all with the slider volume control on my set. No static or in balance when I use it and it works fine. Weird for me because it seems every other HP or IEM Ive had with a inline volume has given me problems. I think these will work out fine for commuting , great seal and pretty decent isolation. They are comfortable and attractive enough to be seen wearing out and about. I have better sets and I like my HM5 clones better for more serious listening but they will be fine for using with my Ipod unamped Decent enough for the price.post #192 of 38010/29/12 at 9:18am
I knew there was something fishy about Ms. Dixon... I am new this whole scene. I just ordered a pair of these from OneSaleADay, and they are arriving Wednesday. I have been trying to learn more about burn in and other headphone issues, and really enjoy your discussion....although I am bit nervous about the whole possible counterfit thing. Does anyone here listen to metal music? I would love any input on how these might work.. thanks.post #193 of 38010/29/12 at 11:57am
The counterfeit article is not real.. The story seems to be plausible though but it's just joke. Hehe. :D
Metal should be fine but for me, i'm not satisfied. Everyone has different ears, so it's best if you just listen it yourself. :)post #194 of 38010/29/12 at 1:31pm
I used the pair I gifted to my sister this weekend. I must say, I enjoyed them. Decent amount of detail. They seemed a little bright side, but not too bad.
I listened to bunch of Micheal Jackson and they seemed to handle the songs well enough. I was one of the lucky ones who paid $40 for them. I must say, for that price, the are more than worth it. But anything over $70 would be too much for these.
Comfort is just wonderful, the best I have ever worn. Build quailty (besides the volume control) is great. I bought the none removable pads version, which is fine, cause they are great stock. My sister loves them for her country music.
..post #195 of 38010/29/12 at 2:07pm
- Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Owners Unite 31 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 50 seconds ago
- › The new Bose "True Sound" on ears... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony D-25 Refurbishment with Service Manual! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)