Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread - Page 40

post #586 of 772

The Amperiors have been discontinued for about 6 months.  The new Pro headphone the Sennheiser HD 26 Pro sounds better and is quite a bit more comfy.  Runs $320 though.

post #587 of 772

For me, HD25 is like AK47 and HD26 is like M16. I hope you know what I mean.:beerchug:

post #588 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vemon View Post
 

For me, HD25 is like AK47 and HD26 is like M16. I hope you know what I mean.:beerchug:

Both can kill?

post #589 of 772
you mean the m16 is more accurate and reliable, right?
post #590 of 772

Was really curious about the HD26 until I got a good look at them...

 

 

the radio sportscaster at a basketball game I went to recently was wearing them... man, those things are too cumbersome looking. I mean I guess it looked okay on him because he's sitting at a table with a bunch of broadcast equipment, but to wear those anywhere but in that type of setting? yuck!

 

 

on the other hand, the new HD8's look SWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!

post #591 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

you mean the m16 is more accurate and reliable, right?

 

I think it is the other way round, if you are familiar with gun history. AK47 is the work horse of automatic rifles, you dump it into sea, mud, ice, pick it up and it will shoot, no jams; where as the original M16 is more accurate, deadly with the 5.56 rounds, but can jam pretty easily (not the modern generations of M16 and alike).

post #592 of 772

I just realized that all I need to do to rotate the cup is pull out the whole thing. LoL... Slowpoke.

post #593 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhandguns View Post
 

 

I think it is the other way round, if you are familiar with gun history. AK47 is the work horse of automatic rifles, you dump it into sea, mud, ice, pick it up and it will shoot, no jams; where as the original M16 is more accurate, deadly with the 5.56 rounds, but can jam pretty easily (not the modern generations of M16 and alike).

as you can see I know very little about weapons, thanks for clearing that up.  Interesting Wiki page comparing the two.

post #594 of 772

Man, I'm loving these Amperiors. The soundstage is awesome for a relatively small on-ear and the comfort is as well. Compared to the DT1350, I think the Beyers are "techincally" better because they have a clearer sound with more resolution and less perceived resonance & distortion yet I prefer the Amperiors, mostly because of the better soundstage and better comfort. The extra bass kick is nice as well. The Amperior's build is perfect; virtually indestructible yet lightweight and the split headband doesn't snag your hair the way the DT1350's do. The metal build of the DT1350 feels and looks higher-end but I don't feel like I can give them the kind of punishment I can give the Amperiors. I'm all about function over form and the Amperior/HD25 is another perfectly utilitarian German design IMO. I do like them both but the Amperior clearly wins out for me, overall.

 

DT1350 = technically better

Amperior = actually better

 

:D

post #595 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

Man, I'm loving these Amperiors. The soundstage is awesome for a relatively small on-ear and the comfort is as well. Compared to the DT1350, I think the Beyers are "techincally" better because they have a clearer sound with more resolution and less perceived resonance & distortion yet I prefer the Amperiors, mostly because of the better soundstage and better comfort. The extra bass kick is nice as well. The Amperior's build is perfect; virtually indestructible yet lightweight and the split headband doesn't snag your hair the way the DT1350's do. The metal build of the DT1350 feels and looks higher-end but I don't feel like I can give them the kind of punishment I can give the Amperiors. I'm all about function over form and the Amperior/HD25 is another perfectly utilitarian German design IMO. I do like them both but the Amperior clearly wins out for me, overall.

DT1350 = technically better
Amperior = actually better

biggrin.gif
I wish I had the same perception, I don't feel the Amperior have soundstage, like at all. The sound is not as wide as maybe the M80, but I prefer it that way anyway. I mainly use them when commuting so they're just perfect for that cause isolation is way better than every other headphone I've heard, plus I love the sound signature. I'm still waiting for a low profile over the ear with similar sound signature than the Amperior.
post #596 of 772

I also wouldn't agree in saying that the Amperior has good soundstage. Instead, I do believe that they have good sense of imaging and instrument separation.


Edited by zeitfliesst - 1/30/14 at 11:03pm
post #597 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitfliesst View Post
 

I also wouldn't agree in saying that the Amperior has good soundstage. Instead, I do believe that they have good sense of imaging and instrument separation.


Same, I thought Amperior didn't have much soundstage; it was very monitor-y. I bought a Phiaton MS400 at the same time I bought my Amperior and the Phiatons had much better soundstage depth.

post #598 of 772

Maybe I'm just used to the DT1350. No question about it, the Amperior is a big improvement over the DT1350 in soundstage size. The soundstages on my DT235 and K422 are only slightly better, if at all, which was impressive as those two have pretty good stages for on-ears. Don't get me wrong, the Amperior is still a small closed on-ear, and that's obvious when you're listening to them. Nevertheless, the soundstage was impressive for me.


Edited by devhen - 1/31/14 at 1:11pm
post #599 of 772
Anyone know if the ear pads from the newer HD-26 would fit the amperior?They are supposed to be a fair bit more comfy.
post #600 of 772
Just picked up a pair of amperior s yesterday at best buy for 119.00plus tax.. I haven't used them much yet but from what I've heard it's probably the best 119.00 bucks I've ever spent.. I love an aggressive headphone... These sound amazing.. For almost any price.. I did say almost rite? Lol very happy :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread