Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread - Page 36

post #526 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post
 

 

cool isnt it :)


I expect it's easier to meet people in Copenhagen who celebrate Independence Day if you're wearing those!

post #527 of 772

Bought a pair for New Year, and damn i'm in love with them.

 

Was a little afraid of the pressure on the ear but no problem at all. The only thing that have me a little worry is the thin cable, maybe a little of paracord will help ease my worry of breaking the cable. And to think i almost pass on them waiting for a sale on the Momentum or the M-100.

post #528 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajitopelu View Post
 

Bought a pair for New Year, and damn i'm in love with them.

 

Was a little afraid of the pressure on the ear but no problem at all. The only thing that have me a little worry is the thin cable, maybe a little of paracord will help ease my worry of breaking the cable. And to think i almost pass on them waiting for a sale on the Momentum or the M-100.

I have had the m100s for over a year and i 2 just got the amperiors over Christmas.I have heard the momentums at the store and tbh i wasnt impressed. Truth be told i actually prefer the sound signature of the amperiors the best especially driven with a good amp. They hit harder than the v modas but also clearer in the mids and the treble. Its a good balance for someone who loves bass slam without it being 2 muddy. 

post #529 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post
 

I have had the m100s for over a year and i 2 just got the amperiors over Christmas.I have heard the momentums at the store and tbh i wasnt impressed. Truth be told i actually prefer the sound signature of the amperiors the best especially driven with a good amp. They hit harder than the v modas but also clearer in the mids and the treble. Its a good balance for someone who loves bass slam without it being 2 muddy. 

 

The M-100 was first on my list for a portable HP, mainly due to all the praise the bass got. But did not want to pay $300.

 

 After reading all of the impression here on Head-fi and the sale on Newegg for the Amperior, i decide to take the challenge and ended really satisfied with the product.

 

For the amp, I'm looking forward to get a C5 or C5D, but my wallet is on quarantine at the moment.

post #530 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajitopelu View Post
 

 

The M-100 was first on my list for a portable HP, mainly due to all the praise the bass got. But did not want to pay $300.

 

 After reading all of the impression here on Head-fi and the sale on Newegg for the Amperior, i decide to take the challenge and ended really satisfied with the product.

 

For the amp, I'm looking forward to get a C5 or C5D, but my wallet is on quarantine at the moment.

I got the C5 works great with the amperiors... and i saw that discount on newegg.. honestly it was ridiculous - a steal at that price. n on top of that its not in production anymore so its pretty much limited edition :).

post #531 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post
 

I got the C5 works great with the amperiors... and i saw that discount on newegg.. honestly it was ridiculous - a steal at that price. n on top of that its not in production anymore so its pretty much limited edition :).

That's funny, limited edition, I 'll have to remember that when I sell discontinued items :D

post #532 of 772

Guys a little help here.... 

 

Wich is more confortable the hd25 or the amperiors? I know that someone already told me that the amperiors are heavier but my gripe with the hd25's is that they press so hard with the leatherette pads that i can feel the drivers and that hurts like hell after half an hour.

 

I am thinking of selling the hd25's since i can get about 110 euros for them and getting a pair of amperiors since lately they many times drop to 130 euros on amazon....

 

Also is the bass fuller on the amperiors when compared to the hd25's? When i say fuller i mean rumblier like on the over ear momentums.... I also had the over ear momentums, but after 3 different pair i could never get a proper seal/fit and i felt that on the bass (everytime i turned my head).

 

I loved the momentums.... the momentums had a fantastic passive agreesive sound and they had the best resoution i have experienced so far... to me they only failed on some edm because although being fun they were also a bit laidback.

 

SO basically i am looking for comfier hd25 with the same sound quality or better and a bass that goes as deep as on the 25's but also as some rumble like on the momentums.... oh and also although the highs on the 25's are not bad they could be a tad less sometimes yes.... the treble on the momentums is pretty much what i want, not much more....

 

 

so..... Do the amperiors cover what i am looking for?

 

Cheers... :)

 

Ps: i listen to mostly pop, rock, indie and edm.... right now i have a pair of cal!s, the hd25's and a pair of sony mdr 1r's that i got as a replacement for my momentums.... the momentums are very nice to wear because of the confort but the sound is nowhere near my likings... to muddy, no bass.... definitly not my type since i can only use the with the rock eq on my ipod tou..... I am pointing this things so you guys know wich are my points of reference right now... :)


Edited by Pedro Oliveira - 1/13/14 at 5:35am
post #533 of 772

See if you can audition the HD26s.  Much closer to  what you are looking for soundwise and way more comfortable than the Ameriors.  Then again they are not as inexpensive.

post #534 of 772

NEW Sennheiser DJ Headphones

 

I started a Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread.:gs1000smile:

 

 http://www.head-fi.org/t/699827/sennheiser-hd-6-7-8-dj-appreciation-thread-opinions-reviews-feedback-pics-discussions-etc

post #535 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

Guys a little help here.... 

Wich is more confortable the hd25 or the amperiors? I know that someone already told me that the amperiors are heavier but my gripe with the hd25's is that they press so hard with the leatherette pads that i can feel the drivers and that hurts like hell after half an hour.

I am thinking of selling the hd25's since i can get about 110 euros for them and getting a pair of amperiors since lately they many times drop to 130 euros on amazon....

Also is the bass fuller on the amperiors when compared to the hd25's? When i say fuller i mean rumblier like on the over ear momentums.... I also had the over ear momentums, but after 3 different pair i could never get a proper seal/fit and i felt that on the bass (everytime i turned my head).

I loved the momentums.... the momentums had a fantastic passive agreesive sound and they had the best resoution i have experienced so far... to me they only failed on some edm because although being fun they were also a bit laidback.

SO basically i am looking for comfier hd25 with the same sound quality or better and a bass that goes as deep as on the 25's but also as some rumble like on the momentums.... oh and also although the highs on the 25's are not bad they could be a tad less sometimes yes.... the treble on the momentums is pretty much what i want, not much more....


so..... Do the amperiors cover what i am looking for?

Cheers... smily_headphones1.gif

Ps: i listen to mostly pop, rock, indie and edm.... right now i have a pair of cal!s, the hd25's and a pair of sony mdr 1r's that i got as a replacement for my momentums.... the momentums are very nice to wear because of the confort but the sound is nowhere near my likings... to muddy, no bass.... definitly not my type since i can only use the with the rock eq on my ipod tou..... I am pointing this things so you guys know wich are my points of reference right now... smily_headphones1.gif

I had the hd25 and now I have the amperiors. the valour pads on the amperiors are a little more comfy but at the expense of some seal and isolation... the sound quality is better in terms of bass punch and I love that... it's also less sibilant and its easier to drive...if comfort Is the biggest problem you should wait for the new dj over ear lines :-)
Edited by Jerryberry - 1/12/14 at 2:38am
post #536 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post

I had the hd25 and now I have the amperiors. the valour pads on the amperiors are a little more comfy but at the expense of some seal and isolation... the sound quality is better in terms of bass punch and I love that... it's also less sibilant and its easier to drive...if comfort Is the biggest problem you should wait for the new dj over ear lines :-)

I appreciate the advise jerry but i want to spend 130 euros,not 300.... :-)
I really like the form factor on the hd25//amperior. I know that over ears easily bit on ears but when the prices goes double that also becomes a important factor.....

I got my hd25s for 70 euros
I got my momentums for 160
And i can get the amperiors for 130

As you can see i am not a very big spender..... I truly believe that the hdj8 will be awesome but for now i will keep it hd25/amperior.... Also to my eyes the amperiors\hd25s are still cooler.:-)
The new hddjs follow the typical headphone lines of like the ue6000s (with better build obviously) and other bigger lifestyle and djing/studio headphones and in terms of looks and portability i always liked the hd25 form factor.

If u tell me that the pads are soft and a little more stuffed on the amperiors when compared to the 25s i will probably get the amperiors... :-)
post #537 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post


I appreciate the advise jerry but i want to spend 130 euros,not 300.... :-)
I really like the form factor on the hd25//amperior. I know that over ears easily bit on ears but when the prices goes double that also becomes a important factor.....

I got my hd25s for 70 euros
I got my momentums for 160
And i can get the amperiors for 130

As you can see i am not a very big spender..... I truly believe that the hdj8 will be awesome but for now i will keep it hd25/amperior.... Also to my eyes the amperiors\hd25s are still cooler.:-)
The new hddjs follow the typical headphone lines of like the ue6000s (with better build obviously) and other bigger lifestyle and djing/studio headphones and in terms of looks and portability i always liked the hd25 form factor.

If u tell me that the pads are soft and a little more stuffed on the amperiors when compared to the 25s i will probably get the amperiors... :-)

 

honestly in terms of comfort there is very little to seperate the two. BUT in terms of sound, the amperiors are an upgrade for sure.  The hd25s & amperiors may not be the most comfortable on ears but they do deliver that seal and sound quality. I've read that the hd 25 silver 25th anniversary sounds even better than the amperiors but its again more expensive :)  

 

I also just got the amperiors at a good price and im love with them as you can see from my profile pict:) but i had to get them from north america.

 

Where in europe do you find such cheap prices !!!???

post #538 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post

honestly in terms of comfort there is very little to seperate the two. BUT in terms of sound, the amperiors are an upgrade for sure.  The hd25s & amperiors may not be the most comfortable on ears but they do deliver that seal and sound quality. I've read that the hd 25 silver 25th anniversary sounds even better than the amperiors but its again more expensive smily_headphones1.gif  

I also just got the amperiors at a good price and im love with them as you can see from my profile pict:) but i had to get them from north america.

Where in europe do you find such cheap prices !!!???

The amperior cost 138 on amazon.fr right now (with shipping to portugal 150). They have dropped till 125 a couple of weeks ago....

My hd25s i got them used of course.... :-)

The momentyms i got them on a portuguese store called fnac (i think they are french). They were clearing the brown momentums (they now have the black version at 300 and the sales on the brown ones must not have been very great) at 200 euros and also they made a weekend sale with with 20% discount on all headphones. I got my momentums on that weekend.

About the amperior.... On the frwnch fnac website thwy are also selling the amperiors really cheap, but in that case i believe thwy only sell whithin france....

http://recherche.fnac.com/SearchResult/ResultList.aspx?SCat=0%211&Search=amperior&sft=1&submitbtn=OK
Edited by Pedro Oliveira - 1/12/14 at 4:13am
post #539 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

Guys a little help here.... 

 

Wich is more confortable the hd25 or the amperiors? I know that someone already told me that the amperiors are heavier but my gripe with the hd25's is that they press so hard with the leatherette pads that i can feel the drivers and that hurts like hell after half an hour.

 

I am thinking of selling the hd25's since i can get about 110 euros for them and getting a pair of amperiors since lately they many times drop to 130 euros on amazon....

 

Also is the bass fuller on the amperiors when compared to the hd25's? When i say fuller i mean rumblier like on the over ear momentums.... I also had the over ear momentums, but after 3 different pair i could never get a proper seal/fit and i felt that on the bass (everytime i turned my head).

 

I loved the momentums.... the momentums had a fantastic passive agreesive sound and they had the best resoution i have experienced so far... to me they only failed on some edm because although being fun they were also a bit laidback.

 

SO basically i am looking for comfier hd25 with the same sound quality or better and a bass that goes as deep as on the 25's but also as some rumble like on the momentums.... oh and also although the highs on the 25's are not bad they could be a tad less sometimes yes.... the treble on the momentums is pretty much what i want, not much more....

 

 

so..... Do the amperiors cover what i am looking for?

 

Cheers... :)

 

Ps: i listen to mostly pop, rock, indie and edm.... right now i have a pair of cal!s, the hd25's and a pair of sony mdr 1r's that i got as a replacement for my momentums.... the momentums are very nice to wear because of the confort but the sound is nowhere near my likings... to muddy, no bass.... definitly not my type since i can only use the with the rock eq on my ipod tou..... I am pointing this things so you guys know wich are my points of reference right now... :)


Any more opinions on this matter please?
post #540 of 772

I think Jerry berry coverd quite succinctly.  I don't think there is anything more to add.  What is your decision?  Curious minds want to know :happy_face1:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread