- 4,341 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need help with SENNHEISER AMPERIOR technical issue Last post on 12/3/13 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperiors and FiiO x3 Last post on 11/12/13 at 12:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for the best 'Office on-ear' Last post on 11/7/13 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Alu Edition..?? Im searching trying to find out what you mean.. Aluminium..??
Oh, why Sennheiser you didnt put a storage box for Amperior also? Why ?
KNS 8400 and Amperior is just so different man. Amperiors are for fun, KNS is a real monitoring device and it can create miracles considering it's price. It is the only competitor to my GMP8.35d, however it is quite fragile so I chose GMP8.35d instead of them.
Glad to see Sennheiser has completely sold out and joined the scammer ranks. The exact same headphone as the HD 25, add ugly aluminum earcups, a tacky ipod mic, and charge $150 more than the HD 25 retail price.
Truly embarrassing. Maybe they should create another line of overpriced $1,000 iem's.
Can't tell if you are trolling or serious... Let's assume serious. It is NOT the exact same headphone as the HD25. Has different earcup material, different drivers, and a different cable. The price was likely a mistake, and that is why Sennheiser has discontinued these cans. You can't expand without risk. Sennheiser took a two part risk with the Amperior and Momentum. One of them worked, the other did not. Personally I love the metal earcups, and the ability to have an ipod mic hooked up is quite nice.
How to add 0.8oz more weight on HD25's drivers, and neatly? Screw it, I would have to get Amperior cups.
MegaMushroom, just leave him and his rustled jimmies alone.
Edited by Mad Max - 7/31/13 at 3:22pm
Well, if you can find them for LESS than the price of the HD25, like I did for $160, I think you would be pretty happy. ;D
Yeah ditto. I picked up a blue refurbished from VMInnovations for $136 (- 5% coupon \o/). I think that if I had to drop down to a single headphone, heaven forbid, I think I'd be fine with just this one. I picked up a different cable extension off ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/380637583162?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) as I don't use the remote at all.
Sounds fantastic. Going to sell my practically new V-Moda M-80's because I just don't use them since I got the Amperiors.
Hate to say it, but the cable extension is kinda crappy. The basic non-remote one I had went out within a year, but I ended up spending 5 dollars on a shorter cord. Pretty happy all things considered.
Had the Amperiors for about a week, and absolutely love them! Got them for half price, only problem was couldn't get the blue :(
My home headphones are D2000s, and I actually prefer these, the mids sound much more forward, makes the music much more enjoyable for me. Mostly listen to electronic and metal. Maybe time to trade the Denons and get something a bit different.
- Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 19 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 37 seconds ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey, All For The Love of Music... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Audioengine 5+ vs Swan M200Mkiii 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E12 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › LCD-X leather gunmetal 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital