- 4,438 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Did I listen to legit Amperior? Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Sennheiser Amperior: Comparison Review Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Creative Aurvana Live! vs Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 1/7/14 at 12:13am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Creative Aurvana Live! vs Sennheiser Amperior Last post on 12/25/13 at 5:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help with SENNHEISER AMPERIOR technical issue Last post on 12/3/13 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Alu Edition..?? Im searching trying to find out what you mean.. Aluminium..??
Oh, why Sennheiser you didnt put a storage box for Amperior also? Why ?
KNS 8400 and Amperior is just so different man. Amperiors are for fun, KNS is a real monitoring device and it can create miracles considering it's price. It is the only competitor to my GMP8.35d, however it is quite fragile so I chose GMP8.35d instead of them.
Glad to see Sennheiser has completely sold out and joined the scammer ranks. The exact same headphone as the HD 25, add ugly aluminum earcups, a tacky ipod mic, and charge $150 more than the HD 25 retail price.
Truly embarrassing. Maybe they should create another line of overpriced $1,000 iem's.
Can't tell if you are trolling or serious... Let's assume serious. It is NOT the exact same headphone as the HD25. Has different earcup material, different drivers, and a different cable. The price was likely a mistake, and that is why Sennheiser has discontinued these cans. You can't expand without risk. Sennheiser took a two part risk with the Amperior and Momentum. One of them worked, the other did not. Personally I love the metal earcups, and the ability to have an ipod mic hooked up is quite nice.
How to add 0.8oz more weight on HD25's drivers, and neatly? Screw it, I would have to get Amperior cups.
MegaMushroom, just leave him and his rustled jimmies alone.
Edited by Mad Max - 7/31/13 at 3:22pm
Well, if you can find them for LESS than the price of the HD25, like I did for $160, I think you would be pretty happy. ;D
Yeah ditto. I picked up a blue refurbished from VMInnovations for $136 (- 5% coupon \o/). I think that if I had to drop down to a single headphone, heaven forbid, I think I'd be fine with just this one. I picked up a different cable extension off ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/380637583162?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) as I don't use the remote at all.
Sounds fantastic. Going to sell my practically new V-Moda M-80's because I just don't use them since I got the Amperiors.
Hate to say it, but the cable extension is kinda crappy. The basic non-remote one I had went out within a year, but I ended up spending 5 dollars on a shorter cord. Pretty happy all things considered.
Had the Amperiors for about a week, and absolutely love them! Got them for half price, only problem was couldn't get the blue :(
My home headphones are D2000s, and I actually prefer these, the mids sound much more forward, makes the music much more enjoyable for me. Mostly listen to electronic and metal. Maybe time to trade the Denons and get something a bit different.
- Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread
- › equipment clearance! jh13fp, ath-w5000, th900 with gold silver v3... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › CanOpener? 1 minute ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 20 problem 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob