What Mac program and iPad app do you recommend in order to stream Flac files from an iMac to an iPad2 without losing any native resolution of the Flac files?
- productApple iPad 2 MC980LL/A Tablet (32GB, Wifi, White) NEWEST MODELtagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/4/12
- productLogitech Squeezebox Wi-Fi Internet Radio and Wireless Music Playertagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- I am correct in this: iMac with rWave > Arcam rDac > Amplifier (downstairs) Last post on 8/16/12 at 6:52pm in Computer Audio
- iPad & flac files/player Last post on 7/2/12 at 9:18pm in Computer Audio
- Is there such a thing as an Optical/SPDIF to USB cable? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- You need to experiment,. I'm very happy!!! Last post on 1/30/14 at 4:09pm in Computer Audio
- Best Squeezebox capable alternative to MOG now that it is going away Last post on 1/24/14 at 6:00pm in Computer Audio
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
How to stream FLACS from a Mac to an iPad2 ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately Apple has removed Airfoil Speakers Touch from the iOS App Store....it would have been a good program to use on the iPad.
I have a large number of Flac files and would prefer not to convert....but it may be the best solution.
You could run LMS "Logitech Media Server" it's free. iPeng or SqueezePad on your iPad will playback flac streamed from LMS. iPeng or SqueezePad with local playback will cost about $15.
Thanks DrTone....using LMS and Squeezepad according to your recommendations...works very well!
Any idea if the Flac files are being output in native resolution from the iPad using this method or if they are being downsampled?
I feel you on not wanting to convert, and possibly you might also hate the Apple's sync vs drag and drop (especially when you want to remove files and add others, when they won't just give us SDcard slots) which FLACPlayer didn't solve. However I received an iPad2 as a gift, and since a few months ago USB Audio wasn't a standard Android feature vs the CCK (and as long as your DAC won't need USB power), I've read up and found a few options. I'm on an extended vacation now so I can't get the whole system running, although I have my desktop amp and headphones with me, plus a new laptop, and will dedicate the older one for music:
1) Use the other laptop as an iTunes sync device. No clogging my HDD with multiple copies or confusing media players as to what library is theirs, and sync really annoys me anyway. But with this spare laptop I can have an ALAC and AAC iTunes computer and stream those to the iPad hooked up to my amp via USB. I'll fill the iPad with my favorite tracks, stay offline and save the battery (unless I really need to check something online) and then use the older laptop to stream the rest of the music through iTunes.
2) MonkeyMote (uses the iPad as remote for Foobar or MediaMonkey) and a wireless DAC (AirDAC, DAC1, etc). I got it working with the new laptop and I have to say it's convenient; but not really until I get a wireless DAC. I'll either use this with the old laptop and its 500gb drive nearer my AC, as I hate being near that since I hear it through my cans, or my main rig in another room if the signal works well enough.
3) Long run, I'll probably just save up for a darned music server; use the iPad for quick listening via USB, and as a remote for the server using control apps. Musical Fidelity M1 server is expensive, but Aune has a $600 option.
Edited by ProtegeManiac - 6/4/12 at 4:56pm
LMS shouldn't be touching anything unless you've configured it to otherwise. What the iPad's audio engine does with the audio is another question.
- How to stream FLACS from a Mac to an iPad2 ?
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 54 seconds ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 55 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › How can I use a headphone amp when my system is across the room... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend 88-192 / 24 flac album 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Mint Condition Sennheiser HDVD 800 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)