Currently looking for good PC speakers for Music/Gaming use. I'd prefer the speakers to have a little more bass, loud, but still maintain smooth and beautiful mids/highs.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productLogitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906 (980-000467)tagged by System, 6/4/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some advice about my current audio setup Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:03pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- How much will you spend on a DAC to match a $1k pair of active monitors with balanced inputs? Last post on 6/22/10 at 10:53pm in Computer Audio
- DAC! Last post on 6/6/10 at 3:47pm in Computer Audio
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, My budget would be $500, no more. I think bookshelf speakers are the best? I am not sure. My room is roughly 14 ft by 13.5 ft. I'd like the speakers to be around 8 inches by 12 inches, if they were to sit on my desk.
Thanks for you help
I have these and they sound amazing, but too many issues with them (Had to send the Control pod back once, Firmware will not update from Windows 7 64 Bit... and so on, also no S/PIDF inputs....)
One of the users on the Corsair forum sold his SP2500's as there were strange problems with his an no support from Corsair.
He got these instead and they look incredible feature wise I have not heard them so I can't vouch for the sound...
I will recommend the Amplified power speakers because when you plugin your headphones in the speakers they sound much more dynamic and loud like Logitech 2.1 Z623 (little over $100) and if need 5.1 PC surround sound sytem then Z906 are great buy.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 7:46pm
I already have a DAC, the Mav D1 Dac/Amp. I will be seated at the computer.
PERFECT! You can still use the Mav as a headphone amp, and iirc, a volume control for active speakers. Your entire setup, no matter what speakers you choose, will be a breeze to setup and control :)
I'm a fan of the KRK Rokit 6, which comes in at 13'' high by 9'' wide - a tiny bit bigger than youd like, but the bass you will experience is out of this world for a set of stereo monitors. They have really great, pinpoint imaging in particular, which I have found helps in gaming.
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best. If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own
I agree here (I don't like KRK best, but I agree with the testing things out). Personally I've always liked Mackie and Genelec monitors, but that may not fit into your budget. If NHT still makes their little desktop speakers they'd also be worth considering. Of all the PC multimedia sets out there, there's none in current production that I really like.
Go for a 2.0 setup of good quality.
Tannoy Revel 5A or 7A, Event (not sure which model). I own the former for several years and they perform very well.
- PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 20 seconds ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Best Single Driver IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Hiss with Modi/Magni combo 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Astell and Kern AK100 MODIFIED with Leather Case and 2 X 32GB... 3 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2