Currently looking for good PC speakers for Music/Gaming use. I'd prefer the speakers to have a little more bass, loud, but still maintain smooth and beautiful mids/highs.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productLogitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906 (980-000467)tagged by System, 6/4/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some advice about my current audio setup Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:03pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- How much will you spend on a DAC to match a $1k pair of active monitors with balanced inputs? Last post on 6/22/10 at 10:53pm in Computer Audio
- DAC! Last post on 6/6/10 at 3:47pm in Computer Audio
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Introduction With the introduction of the DUNU DN-1000, DUNU quickly established themselves as a primetime contender in the already fierce arena of mid-high range IEMS. Not only did...
PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, My budget would be $500, no more. I think bookshelf speakers are the best? I am not sure. My room is roughly 14 ft by 13.5 ft. I'd like the speakers to be around 8 inches by 12 inches, if they were to sit on my desk.
Thanks for you help
I have these and they sound amazing, but too many issues with them (Had to send the Control pod back once, Firmware will not update from Windows 7 64 Bit... and so on, also no S/PIDF inputs....)
One of the users on the Corsair forum sold his SP2500's as there were strange problems with his an no support from Corsair.
He got these instead and they look incredible feature wise I have not heard them so I can't vouch for the sound...
I will recommend the Amplified power speakers because when you plugin your headphones in the speakers they sound much more dynamic and loud like Logitech 2.1 Z623 (little over $100) and if need 5.1 PC surround sound sytem then Z906 are great buy.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 7:46pm
I already have a DAC, the Mav D1 Dac/Amp. I will be seated at the computer.
PERFECT! You can still use the Mav as a headphone amp, and iirc, a volume control for active speakers. Your entire setup, no matter what speakers you choose, will be a breeze to setup and control :)
I'm a fan of the KRK Rokit 6, which comes in at 13'' high by 9'' wide - a tiny bit bigger than youd like, but the bass you will experience is out of this world for a set of stereo monitors. They have really great, pinpoint imaging in particular, which I have found helps in gaming.
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best. If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own
I agree here (I don't like KRK best, but I agree with the testing things out). Personally I've always liked Mackie and Genelec monitors, but that may not fit into your budget. If NHT still makes their little desktop speakers they'd also be worth considering. Of all the PC multimedia sets out there, there's none in current production that I really like.
Go for a 2.0 setup of good quality.
Tannoy Revel 5A or 7A, Event (not sure which model). I own the former for several years and they perform very well.
- PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Seeking advice 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 4 minutes ago
- › Morrow Audio MA-2 1 Meter IC's 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 5 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)