Currently looking for good PC speakers for Music/Gaming use. I'd prefer the speakers to have a little more bass, loud, but still maintain smooth and beautiful mids/highs.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productLogitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906 (980-000467)tagged by System, 6/4/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some advice about my current audio setup Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:03pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- How much will you spend on a DAC to match a $1k pair of active monitors with balanced inputs? Last post on 6/22/10 at 10:53pm in Computer Audio
- DAC! Last post on 6/6/10 at 3:47pm in Computer Audio
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, My budget would be $500, no more. I think bookshelf speakers are the best? I am not sure. My room is roughly 14 ft by 13.5 ft. I'd like the speakers to be around 8 inches by 12 inches, if they were to sit on my desk.
Thanks for you help
I have these and they sound amazing, but too many issues with them (Had to send the Control pod back once, Firmware will not update from Windows 7 64 Bit... and so on, also no S/PIDF inputs....)
One of the users on the Corsair forum sold his SP2500's as there were strange problems with his an no support from Corsair.
He got these instead and they look incredible feature wise I have not heard them so I can't vouch for the sound...
I will recommend the Amplified power speakers because when you plugin your headphones in the speakers they sound much more dynamic and loud like Logitech 2.1 Z623 (little over $100) and if need 5.1 PC surround sound sytem then Z906 are great buy.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 7:46pm
I already have a DAC, the Mav D1 Dac/Amp. I will be seated at the computer.
PERFECT! You can still use the Mav as a headphone amp, and iirc, a volume control for active speakers. Your entire setup, no matter what speakers you choose, will be a breeze to setup and control :)
I'm a fan of the KRK Rokit 6, which comes in at 13'' high by 9'' wide - a tiny bit bigger than youd like, but the bass you will experience is out of this world for a set of stereo monitors. They have really great, pinpoint imaging in particular, which I have found helps in gaming.
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best. If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own
I agree here (I don't like KRK best, but I agree with the testing things out). Personally I've always liked Mackie and Genelec monitors, but that may not fit into your budget. If NHT still makes their little desktop speakers they'd also be worth considering. Of all the PC multimedia sets out there, there's none in current production that I really like.
Go for a 2.0 setup of good quality.
Tannoy Revel 5A or 7A, Event (not sure which model). I own the former for several years and they perform very well.
- PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 7 seconds ago
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 11 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 46 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2