Currently looking for good PC speakers for Music/Gaming use. I'd prefer the speakers to have a little more bass, loud, but still maintain smooth and beautiful mids/highs.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productLogitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906 (980-000467)tagged by System, 6/4/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some advice about my current audio setup Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:03pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- How much will you spend on a DAC to match a $1k pair of active monitors with balanced inputs? Last post on 6/22/10 at 10:53pm in Computer Audio
- DAC! Last post on 6/6/10 at 3:47pm in Computer Audio
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, My budget would be $500, no more. I think bookshelf speakers are the best? I am not sure. My room is roughly 14 ft by 13.5 ft. I'd like the speakers to be around 8 inches by 12 inches, if they were to sit on my desk.
Thanks for you help
I have these and they sound amazing, but too many issues with them (Had to send the Control pod back once, Firmware will not update from Windows 7 64 Bit... and so on, also no S/PIDF inputs....)
One of the users on the Corsair forum sold his SP2500's as there were strange problems with his an no support from Corsair.
He got these instead and they look incredible feature wise I have not heard them so I can't vouch for the sound...
I will recommend the Amplified power speakers because when you plugin your headphones in the speakers they sound much more dynamic and loud like Logitech 2.1 Z623 (little over $100) and if need 5.1 PC surround sound sytem then Z906 are great buy.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 7:46pm
I already have a DAC, the Mav D1 Dac/Amp. I will be seated at the computer.
PERFECT! You can still use the Mav as a headphone amp, and iirc, a volume control for active speakers. Your entire setup, no matter what speakers you choose, will be a breeze to setup and control :)
I'm a fan of the KRK Rokit 6, which comes in at 13'' high by 9'' wide - a tiny bit bigger than youd like, but the bass you will experience is out of this world for a set of stereo monitors. They have really great, pinpoint imaging in particular, which I have found helps in gaming.
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best. If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own
I agree here (I don't like KRK best, but I agree with the testing things out). Personally I've always liked Mackie and Genelec monitors, but that may not fit into your budget. If NHT still makes their little desktop speakers they'd also be worth considering. Of all the PC multimedia sets out there, there's none in current production that I really like.
Go for a 2.0 setup of good quality.
Tannoy Revel 5A or 7A, Event (not sure which model). I own the former for several years and they perform very well.
- PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 20 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Advice needed for choosing closed headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 10 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3