Currently looking for good PC speakers for Music/Gaming use. I'd prefer the speakers to have a little more bass, loud, but still maintain smooth and beautiful mids/highs.
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/4/12
- categoryGaming Headsetstagged by System, 6/4/12
- productLogitech Surround Sound Speaker System Z906 (980-000467)tagged by System, 6/4/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic D1tagged by System, 6/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some advice about my current audio setup Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:03pm in Computer Audio
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- How much will you spend on a DAC to match a $1k pair of active monitors with balanced inputs? Last post on 6/22/10 at 10:53pm in Computer Audio
- DAC! Last post on 6/6/10 at 3:47pm in Computer Audio
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, My budget would be $500, no more. I think bookshelf speakers are the best? I am not sure. My room is roughly 14 ft by 13.5 ft. I'd like the speakers to be around 8 inches by 12 inches, if they were to sit on my desk.
Thanks for you help
I have these and they sound amazing, but too many issues with them (Had to send the Control pod back once, Firmware will not update from Windows 7 64 Bit... and so on, also no S/PIDF inputs....)
One of the users on the Corsair forum sold his SP2500's as there were strange problems with his an no support from Corsair.
He got these instead and they look incredible feature wise I have not heard them so I can't vouch for the sound...
I will recommend the Amplified power speakers because when you plugin your headphones in the speakers they sound much more dynamic and loud like Logitech 2.1 Z623 (little over $100) and if need 5.1 PC surround sound sytem then Z906 are great buy.
Edited by ZARIM - 5/31/12 at 7:46pm
I already have a DAC, the Mav D1 Dac/Amp. I will be seated at the computer.
PERFECT! You can still use the Mav as a headphone amp, and iirc, a volume control for active speakers. Your entire setup, no matter what speakers you choose, will be a breeze to setup and control :)
I'm a fan of the KRK Rokit 6, which comes in at 13'' high by 9'' wide - a tiny bit bigger than youd like, but the bass you will experience is out of this world for a set of stereo monitors. They have really great, pinpoint imaging in particular, which I have found helps in gaming.
It's all personal preference - I enjoy the KRK sound best. If you can get to a shop, such as a Guitar Center, that has multiple sets of monitors connected, you can do side-by-side comparisons on your own
I agree here (I don't like KRK best, but I agree with the testing things out). Personally I've always liked Mackie and Genelec monitors, but that may not fit into your budget. If NHT still makes their little desktop speakers they'd also be worth considering. Of all the PC multimedia sets out there, there's none in current production that I really like.
Go for a 2.0 setup of good quality.
Tannoy Revel 5A or 7A, Event (not sure which model). I own the former for several years and they perform very well.
- PC speakers (2012) for my use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 33 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 41 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 4 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER HD650 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2