Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 2110
Theres a thin foam cover in the ear cup that covers the driver. Like a speaker grill.

Rosmadi called it a dust cover. Were talking about the same thing.
Edited by Eee Pee - 7/25/12 at 7:11am
post #77 of 2110

Hello,

 

Excuse me for the translation ... I'm French

I mainly listen to electronic music and Ambient music.
Also, I use my headphones "HD598" for video games (mixamp).
I also use it for TV and film.
It is connected to a Marantz SR6005 amplifier connected to a 7.1 soundcard hdav1.3deluxe.

I try a lot of headphones.
I wear glasses. I can not stand contact lenses.
This is the only one who does not tight my temples.
I had the 595 before (no problem also)

If I did not wear glasses, I would buy without hesitation, the Denon AH-D7000.

I like the sound reproduction de Sennheiser.
The 598 is even better with slightly more pronounced bass.

I can not afford to try the HD 650 and HD700: (

I have renounced the HD650 because it is deemed to have a significant tightening (more than 598).

The plastic of my two headsets emit noise in the ear when I move the head or jaw.
It's pretty rude ... The HD700 has a better finish apparently.

This is why I turn to the HD700 ... Is this the right choice (the best alternative)?

post #78 of 2110
Just wanted to add my thoughts, i tested the HD700 from a audiolab mdac and loved it, didn't find the treble too hot, great soundstage and very comfy.
Will be buying asap, found it easier to enjoy than the 800
post #79 of 2110

I did find it hot in the beginning. Maybe its break in or me but the treble on the HD700 seemed to smooth out over time.  They seem to be getting better and better or I'm adjusting to them.  I still alternate between the HD700 and HE400 which are a lot darker and the differences do not bother me at all.  Appreciate them both.

They're probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried.. even more comfy than the HD800 for me.  They seem to fit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroid View Post

Just wanted to add my thoughts, i tested the HD700 from a audiolab mdac and loved it, didn't find the treble too hot, great soundstage and very comfy.
Will be buying asap, found it easier to enjoy than the 800
post #80 of 2110
Well.... I bit and returned the HD650 and now an owner of the HD700 I know MIckey.
Anyway listened last night for a few hours alternated between my Essence STX and my Denon receiver.
Currently enjoying the sound out of the receiver more then the STX, I will be looking into purchasing a desktop unit soon, I do find them more enjoyable than the 650 extremely detailed and I don't miss the muddy base from the 650. So far pretty happy that I made the switch hope they get better as they get some break in.
Edited by Dionysus - 7/25/12 at 4:40pm
post #81 of 2110

Congrats.. I'm glad I made the switch from the HD650 to the HD700 though a lot of others may disagree.

The top end does smooth out over time.

I picked up an Audioquest Dragonfly a few days ago and am pretty pleased with the results. My Lyr has been lonely but I'm taking the time to break in the DF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post

Well.... I bit and returned the HD650 and now an owner of the HD700 I know MIckey.
Anyway listened last night for a few hours alternated between my Essence STX and my Denon receiver.
Currently enjoying the sound out of the receiver more then the STX, I will be looking into purchasing a desktop unit soon, I do find them more enjoyable than the 650 extremely detailed and I don't miss the muddy base from the 650. So far pretty happy that I made the switch hope they get better as they get some break in.
post #82 of 2110
Have been following the Asgard ans Lyr amp thread closely how do you like the Lyr Mickey?
post #83 of 2110

Love the Lyr.  Has the power and dynamics plus the ability to roll tubes. I think I'm pretty much done with looking at amps for now.  I may have gone Valhalla but the LCD2 is pretty much my end game (fell in love with them at the last meet I went to). The HD700 was a surprise sidestep for me as I could easily audition and get my hands on it. Haven't heard the Asgard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post

Have been following the Asgard ans Lyr amp thread closely how do you like the Lyr Mickey?
post #84 of 2110
Appreciate the feedback thx..
post #85 of 2110

Why on earth is wearing glasses effecting this purchase? The D7000 are easily the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn and I wear glasses/loathe contacts, too.

 

As for the HD700...IMO you might find the clamp too tight as a glasses wearer. The HD800 has a much lower clamping force (for comparisons rather than a recommendation).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizot View Post

Hello,

 

Excuse me for the translation ... I'm French

I mainly listen to electronic music and Ambient music.
Also, I use my headphones "HD598" for video games (mixamp).
I also use it for TV and film.
It is connected to a Marantz SR6005 amplifier connected to a 7.1 soundcard hdav1.3deluxe.

I try a lot of headphones.
I wear glasses. I can not stand contact lenses.
This is the only one who does not tight my temples.
I had the 595 before (no problem also)

If I did not wear glasses, I would buy without hesitation, the Denon AH-D7000.

I like the sound reproduction de Sennheiser.
The 598 is even better with slightly more pronounced bass.

I can not afford to try the HD 650 and HD700: (

I have renounced the HD650 because it is deemed to have a significant tightening (more than 598).

The plastic of my two headsets emit noise in the ear when I move the head or jaw.
It's pretty rude ... The HD700 has a better finish apparently.

This is why I turn to the HD700 ... Is this the right choice (the best alternative)?

post #86 of 2110

Hello,

 

It has been 5 years since I wear Sennheiser between 5 to 10 hours a day.


I like the pads really thick and soft with an optimum clamping as the HD598.

 

Clamping force :

 

HD595≤HD598<HD800<HD600≤HD650<HD700 ???

 

Beyerdynamic : I have not tried long enough. But, I complain that my ears touching the bottom headsets.

 

After 10 hours of viewing with glasses, I still have doubts about the comfort D7000.

 

Unfortunately, I have no means of comparison near me...

post #87 of 2110

Clamping force for me is HD 600 > HD 595 ≥ HD 700 > HD 800

 

HD 600 has the highest amount, 595 and 700 are quite close to each other and HD 800 has the least amount of clamp.  HD 800 will slide off of my head if I tilt it too far back finishing my beer.  biggrin.gif

 

I would have answered sooner, but I just got my HD 700s back from Peter at Double Helix Cables as he was using mine to prototype a cable for it.

 

 

700

 

 

I had to show it off.  biggrin.gif

post #88 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Clamping force for me is HD 600 > HD 595 ≥ HD 700 > HD 800

 

HD 600 has the highest amount, 595 and 700 are quite close to each other and HD 800 has the least amount of clamp. 

 

Small correction.  700 are looser clamping than 595s, they will start to slide off my head also, but not as easily as 800s.  595s do not.

post #89 of 2110

Sweet! Is it pure copper or copper/sliver.. don't think the HD700 needs a cable with any silver.  Let us know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

I just got my HD 700s back from Peter at Double Helix Cables as he was using mine to prototype a cable for it.

 

 

700

 

 

I had to show it off.  biggrin.gif

post #90 of 2110

Yes let us know what you impressions of the cables are. I have an Essence One arriving tomorrow cant wait to see what this combo sounds like.


Edited by Dionysus - 8/1/12 at 6:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread