Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 40post #586 of 66269/18/13 at 10:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 66269/21/13 at 12:01ampost #588 of 66269/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:
I just can tell you if I don’t already have my HD700 I would buy one for sure.post #589 of 66269/21/13 at 1:46amQuote:
$1000 is just about right.
The trolls who say otherwise are just trolls who can't believe that something can sound like an HD800 for less :P
Edited by XVampireX - 9/21/13 at 1:47ampost #590 of 66269/21/13 at 2:10ampost #591 of 66269/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.post #592 of 66269/21/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by MohawkUS
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.
It’s interesting to see how different taste and preferences exist. I prefer the Lyr over the more neutral Asgard 2 for the HD700.post #593 of 66269/21/13 at 12:30pm
I'd price them a little lower than $1000 to give them a marketing advantage over the LCD 2. But they're not twice better than the $500 HD 650. But the HD 800 isn't three times better. So Senn has simply said here's our $500 level, our $1000 level and our $1500 level.post #594 of 66269/21/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
You get more soundstage the more you paypost #595 of 66269/21/13 at 2:43pmpost #596 of 66269/21/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
I paid 800 USD for mine HD-700 (new) and that is what I think it's worth. You can find a used HD-800 for ~1000 USD. If it's in good shape then I wouldn't hesitate getting the HD-800 over HD-700. Then again I would never buy a new HD-800 (bought mine used) - as good as it is imo it's not worth that much. If you like analyzing music and want to extract every bit of detail from music then HD-800 is a great choice. In the case of HD-800 vs HD-700 you also have to have in mind that the HD-800 uses better build material, driver and so on. Everything counts and in the end you get a headphone that has better handling of distortion which provides a cleaner more exact presentation. I can also understand that the HD-800 is troublesome for some - many don't like analyzing music and hyperdetail as it can provide a negative impact on the enjoyment of music because a badly recorded track won't sound good at all so I'm not a believer of the "one headphone to rule them all" - that is why I keep most of my headphones that I consider good enough. One for each occasion.Quote:
HD-800 has better but it's not night and day difference.post #597 of 66269/21/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
And HD650 isn't twice time better than the $240 HD598.post #598 of 66269/21/13 at 10:06pm
And the HD598 isn't 4 times the $60 PX100. Comparing cost to performance (which is subjective anyway) is a nonsense. If headfiers think it those terms, you will always be better off with something like the Yuin PK2.post #599 of 66269/21/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
And what about comparing the PX100 to the $25 HD201? Just kidding
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 19 seconds ago
- › I am total newbie who want an earphone below $50 49 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › AKG new N90Q 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FX-Audio DAC-X6 initial impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...