Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 12/9/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The Zen 2...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 40post #586 of 63339/18/13 at 10:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 63339/21/13 at 12:01ampost #588 of 63339/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:
I just can tell you if I don’t already have my HD700 I would buy one for sure.post #589 of 63339/21/13 at 1:46amQuote:
$1000 is just about right.
The trolls who say otherwise are just trolls who can't believe that something can sound like an HD800 for less :P
Edited by XVampireX - 9/21/13 at 1:47ampost #590 of 63339/21/13 at 2:10ampost #591 of 63339/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.post #592 of 63339/21/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by MohawkUS
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.
It’s interesting to see how different taste and preferences exist. I prefer the Lyr over the more neutral Asgard 2 for the HD700.post #593 of 63339/21/13 at 12:30pm
I'd price them a little lower than $1000 to give them a marketing advantage over the LCD 2. But they're not twice better than the $500 HD 650. But the HD 800 isn't three times better. So Senn has simply said here's our $500 level, our $1000 level and our $1500 level.post #594 of 63339/21/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
You get more soundstage the more you paypost #595 of 63339/21/13 at 2:43pmpost #596 of 63339/21/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
I paid 800 USD for mine HD-700 (new) and that is what I think it's worth. You can find a used HD-800 for ~1000 USD. If it's in good shape then I wouldn't hesitate getting the HD-800 over HD-700. Then again I would never buy a new HD-800 (bought mine used) - as good as it is imo it's not worth that much. If you like analyzing music and want to extract every bit of detail from music then HD-800 is a great choice. In the case of HD-800 vs HD-700 you also have to have in mind that the HD-800 uses better build material, driver and so on. Everything counts and in the end you get a headphone that has better handling of distortion which provides a cleaner more exact presentation. I can also understand that the HD-800 is troublesome for some - many don't like analyzing music and hyperdetail as it can provide a negative impact on the enjoyment of music because a badly recorded track won't sound good at all so I'm not a believer of the "one headphone to rule them all" - that is why I keep most of my headphones that I consider good enough. One for each occasion.Quote:
HD-800 has better but it's not night and day difference.post #597 of 63339/21/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
And HD650 isn't twice time better than the $240 HD598.post #598 of 63339/21/13 at 10:06pm
And the HD598 isn't 4 times the $60 PX100. Comparing cost to performance (which is subjective anyway) is a nonsense. If headfiers think it those terms, you will always be better off with something like the Yuin PK2.post #599 of 63339/21/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
And what about comparing the PX100 to the $25 HD201? Just kidding
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 2 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 3 minutes ago
- › *MINT* AK120II w/ 64GB and Original Packaging -- will incl. BGT... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop Red Edition 7 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 12 minutes ago
- › WTB; Etymotic Hf5 less than 2 years old 15 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 19 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...