Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 11/12/16 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 12/28/16 at 6:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 40post #586 of 73899/18/13 at 10:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 73899/21/13 at 12:01ampost #588 of 73899/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:
I just can tell you if I don’t already have my HD700 I would buy one for sure.post #589 of 73899/21/13 at 1:46amQuote:
$1000 is just about right.
The trolls who say otherwise are just trolls who can't believe that something can sound like an HD800 for less :P
Edited by XVampireX - 9/21/13 at 1:47ampost #590 of 73899/21/13 at 2:10ampost #591 of 73899/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.post #592 of 73899/21/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by MohawkUS
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.
It’s interesting to see how different taste and preferences exist. I prefer the Lyr over the more neutral Asgard 2 for the HD700.post #593 of 73899/21/13 at 12:30pm
I'd price them a little lower than $1000 to give them a marketing advantage over the LCD 2. But they're not twice better than the $500 HD 650. But the HD 800 isn't three times better. So Senn has simply said here's our $500 level, our $1000 level and our $1500 level.post #594 of 73899/21/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
You get more soundstage the more you paypost #595 of 73899/21/13 at 2:43pmpost #596 of 73899/21/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
I paid 800 USD for mine HD-700 (new) and that is what I think it's worth. You can find a used HD-800 for ~1000 USD. If it's in good shape then I wouldn't hesitate getting the HD-800 over HD-700. Then again I would never buy a new HD-800 (bought mine used) - as good as it is imo it's not worth that much. If you like analyzing music and want to extract every bit of detail from music then HD-800 is a great choice. In the case of HD-800 vs HD-700 you also have to have in mind that the HD-800 uses better build material, driver and so on. Everything counts and in the end you get a headphone that has better handling of distortion which provides a cleaner more exact presentation. I can also understand that the HD-800 is troublesome for some - many don't like analyzing music and hyperdetail as it can provide a negative impact on the enjoyment of music because a badly recorded track won't sound good at all so I'm not a believer of the "one headphone to rule them all" - that is why I keep most of my headphones that I consider good enough. One for each occasion.Quote:
HD-800 has better but it's not night and day difference.post #597 of 73899/21/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
And HD650 isn't twice time better than the $240 HD598.post #598 of 73899/21/13 at 10:06pm
And the HD598 isn't 4 times the $60 PX100. Comparing cost to performance (which is subjective anyway) is a nonsense. If headfiers think it those terms, you will always be better off with something like the Yuin PK2.post #599 of 73899/21/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
And what about comparing the PX100 to the $25 HD201? Just kidding
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 51 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › STX II op amp and cable 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Traditional Metal Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Using Realiser A8 Mics for binaural recording 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear