Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 6/21/16 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 40post #586 of 64559/18/13 at 10:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 64559/21/13 at 12:01ampost #588 of 64559/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:
I just can tell you if I don’t already have my HD700 I would buy one for sure.post #589 of 64559/21/13 at 1:46amQuote:
$1000 is just about right.
The trolls who say otherwise are just trolls who can't believe that something can sound like an HD800 for less :P
Edited by XVampireX - 9/21/13 at 1:47ampost #590 of 64559/21/13 at 2:10ampost #591 of 64559/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.post #592 of 64559/21/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by MohawkUS
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.
It’s interesting to see how different taste and preferences exist. I prefer the Lyr over the more neutral Asgard 2 for the HD700.post #593 of 64559/21/13 at 12:30pm
I'd price them a little lower than $1000 to give them a marketing advantage over the LCD 2. But they're not twice better than the $500 HD 650. But the HD 800 isn't three times better. So Senn has simply said here's our $500 level, our $1000 level and our $1500 level.post #594 of 64559/21/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
You get more soundstage the more you paypost #595 of 64559/21/13 at 2:43pmpost #596 of 64559/21/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
I paid 800 USD for mine HD-700 (new) and that is what I think it's worth. You can find a used HD-800 for ~1000 USD. If it's in good shape then I wouldn't hesitate getting the HD-800 over HD-700. Then again I would never buy a new HD-800 (bought mine used) - as good as it is imo it's not worth that much. If you like analyzing music and want to extract every bit of detail from music then HD-800 is a great choice. In the case of HD-800 vs HD-700 you also have to have in mind that the HD-800 uses better build material, driver and so on. Everything counts and in the end you get a headphone that has better handling of distortion which provides a cleaner more exact presentation. I can also understand that the HD-800 is troublesome for some - many don't like analyzing music and hyperdetail as it can provide a negative impact on the enjoyment of music because a badly recorded track won't sound good at all so I'm not a believer of the "one headphone to rule them all" - that is why I keep most of my headphones that I consider good enough. One for each occasion.Quote:
HD-800 has better but it's not night and day difference.post #597 of 64559/21/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
And HD650 isn't twice time better than the $240 HD598.post #598 of 64559/21/13 at 10:06pm
And the HD598 isn't 4 times the $60 PX100. Comparing cost to performance (which is subjective anyway) is a nonsense. If headfiers think it those terms, you will always be better off with something like the Yuin PK2.post #599 of 64559/21/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
And what about comparing the PX100 to the $25 HD201? Just kidding
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 39 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Does FiiO X1 plays in car's usb port? 6 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 10 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 10 minutes ago
- › A second DAC for DarkVoice 336 SE? :/ 11 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...