Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/27/15 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 40post #586 of 51129/18/13 at 10:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 51129/21/13 at 12:01ampost #588 of 51129/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:
I just can tell you if I don’t already have my HD700 I would buy one for sure.post #589 of 51129/21/13 at 1:46amQuote:
$1000 is just about right.
The trolls who say otherwise are just trolls who can't believe that something can sound like an HD800 for less :P
Edited by XVampireX - 9/21/13 at 1:47ampost #590 of 51129/21/13 at 2:10ampost #591 of 51129/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.post #592 of 51129/21/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by MohawkUS
It's not to far off imo. While I did prefer the Beyerdynamic T90, the HD700 was technically better. It did more things right; but the things the Beyer did right made it appeal to me more. If I had to put a price on the HD700 it I'd say $850. I think it's SQ will really depend on what amplifier you're pairing it with though. I tested it with an overly warm amp and the Senn really needs something more neutral, if not laid back I think.
It’s interesting to see how different taste and preferences exist. I prefer the Lyr over the more neutral Asgard 2 for the HD700.post #593 of 51129/21/13 at 12:30pm
I'd price them a little lower than $1000 to give them a marketing advantage over the LCD 2. But they're not twice better than the $500 HD 650. But the HD 800 isn't three times better. So Senn has simply said here's our $500 level, our $1000 level and our $1500 level.post #594 of 51129/21/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
You get more soundstage the more you paypost #595 of 51129/21/13 at 2:43pmpost #596 of 51129/21/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
I paid 800 USD for mine HD-700 (new) and that is what I think it's worth. You can find a used HD-800 for ~1000 USD. If it's in good shape then I wouldn't hesitate getting the HD-800 over HD-700. Then again I would never buy a new HD-800 (bought mine used) - as good as it is imo it's not worth that much. If you like analyzing music and want to extract every bit of detail from music then HD-800 is a great choice. In the case of HD-800 vs HD-700 you also have to have in mind that the HD-800 uses better build material, driver and so on. Everything counts and in the end you get a headphone that has better handling of distortion which provides a cleaner more exact presentation. I can also understand that the HD-800 is troublesome for some - many don't like analyzing music and hyperdetail as it can provide a negative impact on the enjoyment of music because a badly recorded track won't sound good at all so I'm not a believer of the "one headphone to rule them all" - that is why I keep most of my headphones that I consider good enough. One for each occasion.Quote:
HD-800 has better but it's not night and day difference.post #597 of 51129/21/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
And HD650 isn't twice time better than the $240 HD598.post #598 of 51129/21/13 at 10:06pm
And the HD598 isn't 4 times the $60 PX100. Comparing cost to performance (which is subjective anyway) is a nonsense. If headfiers think it those terms, you will always be better off with something like the Yuin PK2.post #599 of 51129/21/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
And what about comparing the PX100 to the $25 HD201? Just kidding
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › OPPO PM-3 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and Impressions 6 seconds ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 52 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2